Options

Run for all players (2014)

CIliffCIliff Registered Users 12 Posts
Im currently trying to make my run for all players.

Im going the long route. First I drafted all the late rounders, now Im into the 2nd rounders. My question is, how many 4* and less players are there? If my research on doing this is correct, that would mean after im done with all the 2nd rounders (4* and less) then when I get to the 1st rounders they will all be 4.5* and higher correct?

So,

How many total players are there?
How many players are ranked 4* and lower?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    princeofheckprinceofheck Registered Users 103 Posts
    Once you drain all 4- players, only 4.5+ players should remain. Here's the list of 3+ players: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?123284-Players-Stats-List-(Version-1-4-1)
  • Options
    redcedarredcedar Registered Users 15 Posts
    Player List / Qty / Percent of All Players
    1 Star / 229 / 19.5%
    1.5 Star / 149 / 12.7%
    2 Star / 152 / 13.0%
    2.5 Star / 119 / 10.2%
    3 Star / 124 / 10.6%
    3.5 Star / 123 / 10.5%
    4 Star / 117 / 10.0%
    4.5 Star / 82 / 7.0%
    5 Star / 77 / 6.6%

Total 1,172
  • Options
    Gothams1883Gothams1883 Registered Users 43 Posts
    So is the strategy to get all the lower tier players (from second round and late round draft picks) so you'll have a better chance at better players later on and in the first round and #1 draft picks?
  • Options
    StarCatStarCat Registered Users 269 Posts
    So is the strategy to get all the lower tier players (from second round and late round draft picks) so you'll have a better chance at better players later on and in the first round and #1 draft picks?

That's basically the strategy, although there are a few variations on the theme. What devise do you use for the game? Depending on your device, possessing all players could cause significant lag time, or you might be unable to edit your lineup (particularly the pitching staff). If no one else has stepped in, tonight I'll try to outline a couple of the variations where you might be able to avoid these issues.

Samsung devices seem to work better with the Run than iOS devices.
  • Options
    Thanks Starcat! I'm on an iPhone. And from what I've been reading iOS lags the most. I have about 88 lower tier players but so far it hasn't been lagging that badly. :)
  • Options
    If you go the long long way (and least expensive way), you'll acquire too many players and your device will be unworkable. If you go the route where you accumulate start with 2nd rounders > 1st rounders > #1 picks, you'll get all the players, but you won't be able to edit your pitching staff - you'll be stuck with what the computer gives you. Your lag time will likely be unbearable. I did that first, and ended up trading in all my inactives, just so I could play. I wasn't happy with that way.

So I came up with a third way. I set out to -start- with eliminating all 1st round picks only. I did that by autopilot playing the 4 star knockout tourney all the way through all the three star players. It coast 200 gold per four-game tournament, but if you win all four games, you get all the gold back. I had a good enough team that I won most of the time. No matter how good a team you have, you're going to lose some of the time.

I did this constantly over a few weeks, and it kept me up high on the daily and weekly leaderboards so I was able to win gold back that way.

Winning all the three, three and a half, and four star players eliminated the need to use 1st round draft picks, so I could just use #1 draft picks (and thus only have to draft four and a half and five star players). It was more expensive (approx 27,000 gold) but I have few enough players with lineup flexibility. There is some lag, but it's easily bearable.

I've yet to settle upon my pitching staff, although my position players lineup has been pretty much in place since that first draft.
  • Options
    Mixx MastersMixx Masters Registered Users, Member 189 Posts
    YO STAR How many inactives do you have. I ended up with 946.
  • Options
    YO STAR How many inactives do you have. I ended up with 946.

509 - I still have lag to deal with, even with that number.
  • Options
    Mixx MastersMixx Masters Registered Users, Member 189 Posts
    StarCat wrote: »
    509 - I still have lag to deal with, even with that number.
    wow... I guess android does works well. only thing I have is when I scroll down . half way through it starts to sputter.
  • Options
    wow... I guess android does works well. only thing I have is when I scroll down . half way through it starts to sputter.

That's why I wanted to figure out a way to acquire the top players with as few inactives as possible.
  • Options
    Cool! Thank you so much for the great advice!
  • Options
    I now have 825 inactives on my iPad mini 2. The appl crashes everytime I try to re-arrange my lineup. Does anybody have a work around or know if a hardware upgrade (i.e. an iPad Air or iPad Air 2) would make a difference?
  • Options
    I now have 825 inactives on my iPad mini 2. The appl crashes everytime I try to re-arrange my lineup. Does anybody have a work around or know if a hardware upgrade (i.e. an iPad Air or iPad Air 2) would make a difference?

I've heard things work better with an iPad Air 2. But do you really want to spend that cash just for this game?
  • Options
    StarCat wrote: »
    I've heard things work better with an iPad Air 2. But do you really want to spend that cash just for this game?

Last thing I want to do is spend cash for this game. Just weighing my options, such as borrowing an Air 2 just to re-arrange my lineup. Has deleting and re-installing the appl been presented as a solution for this issue?