Levels vs. difficulty of prime teams

brucen44brucen44 Registered Users 42 Posts
As you go from rookie to semi pro all the way to legends and GOAT, does the level of the teams you face in prime events get harder? Also, in tournaments for winning players at what point can you play for 4/4.5 star players? Currently at the Veteran stage there is only the opportunity to play for 3 star players at best for $10000 cash.

Comments

• jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    brucen44 wrote: »
    As you go from rookie to semi pro all the way to legends and GOAT, does the level of the teams you face in prime events get harder?

Yes, you will see teams in GOAT after 10 wins streak when you are in HOF/Legend level.
    Before HOF or Legend, you must have more than 20 wins streak to play against these super teams in prime events.
    Also, in tournaments for winning players at what point can you play for 4/4.5 star players?

You can play 4 star tournament when you enter all-star division
    For 4.5 star player tournament, you have to enter MVP division to see that.
  • brucen44brucen44 Registered Users 42 Posts
    jemic wrote: »
    Yes, you will see teams in GOAT after 10 wins streak when you are in HOF/Legend level.
    Before HOF or Legend, you must have more than 20 wins streak to play against these super teams in prime events.

You can play 4 star tournament when you enter all-star division
    For 4.5 star player tournament, you have to enter MVP division to see that.

Ok thanks for the reply. I guess then it makes more sense not to advance whilst you're still building your team in order to get more runs, wins, hits against weaker teams (human and computer).
    Ok thanks for the reply. I guess then it makes more sense not to advance whilst you're still building your team in order to get more runs, wins, hits against weaker teams (human and computer).

Your assumption is right.
    The 5 star tournament is not playable because a lot of teams which have prime players will block your way in this tournament.
    Getting more gold in lower division seems to be the best strategy for now.
  • Jared5150Jared5150 Registered Users 39 Posts
    I have a similar question. At what level are the 50k blue cash leagues no longer available? I've been playing in those and trying to get 2nd place so I can get the 700 gold. It's the best way I can think of to try to somewhat trade cash for gold.
  • unrealgmunrealgm Registered Users 71 Posts
    Your assumption is right.
    The 5 star tournament is not playable because a lot of teams which have prime players will block your way in this tournament.
    Getting more gold in lower division seems to be the best strategy for now.

how much gold would you store up until you level up? i'm sitting fairly low now but thinking that I have a strong enough team and sizable gold stockpile to make a run for Hall of Fame / legend
    Jared5150 wrote: »
    I have a similar question. At what level are the 50k blue cash leagues no longer available? I've been playing in those and trying to get 2nd place so I can get the 700 gold. It's the best way I can think of to try to somewhat trade cash for gold.

50k blue cash is available all the time. It is the only cash option of tournament in GOAT level.
    unrealgm wrote: »
    how much gold would you store up until you level up? i'm sitting fairly low now but thinking that I have a strong enough team and sizable gold stockpile to make a run for Hall of Fame / legend

The purpose to be in HOF or Legend division is to play 5 star tournament and get 5 star players.
    But frankly speaking, only a few people in this divisions and these people all have great teams.
    You will always see the same super teams in the 5 star tournament and I think it will cost you a lot of money because the tournament is not easy to win.
    If I were you, I would like to stay in lower division as long as possible and save gold for prime players.
    5 star players and their tournament is not the target we should focus on. We should pay more attention on getting prime players.
    The purpose to be in HOF or Legend division is to play 5 star tournament and get 5 star players.
    But frankly speaking, only a few people in this divisions and these people all have great teams.
    You will always see the same super teams in the 5 star tournament and I think it will cost you a lot of money because the tournament is not easy to win.
    If I were you, I would like to stay in lower division as long as possible and save gold for prime players.
    5 star players and their tournament is not the target we should focus on. We should pay more attention on getting prime players.

very helpful advice, thanks. im still in veteran but fielding a mostly 4*+ team. not too concerned about winning more tourneys and leagues as i don't need the gold or picks. do the super-teams at higher levels all have prime players? a 4.5* team at that level wouldn't be able to compete against them?
  • ParamorefanParamorefan Registered Users 16 Posts
    prime event is unfair i keep getting teams im able to beat such as guest teams because most of the time they are just starting
    join my group heres the link its for paramore fans like me http://ggnbb.glu.com/group.php?groupid=48
    unrealgm wrote: »
    very helpful advice, thanks. im still in veteran but fielding a mostly 4*+ team. not too concerned about winning more tourneys and leagues as i don't need the gold or picks. do the super-teams at higher levels all have prime players? a 4.5* team at that level wouldn't be able to compete against them?

Below is the VS screen shot between full upgrade legend team and full upgrade prime team.
    Usually you see the comparison statics have such difference, the weaker one will lose by 5~10 points after computer simulation.
    And the truth is the legend team will be crushed by prime team easily after some of my experiments.

prime_team_zpsv5wii0xj.jpg
    ^very helpful. shows i have a long way to go before even attempting a run at legend.
    ive started working my way up and now on MVP i'm starting to hit some teams with prime players and man you were not kidding. the easy wins have started to go away and definitely more of a grind in tournaments now as well.