Can't finish region 8

jpattonjpatton Registered Users 2 Posts
I have finished everything in region 8, but region 9 says I still have one map piece to complete: killing ancile in region 8. How do I do that when region 8 is done?

Comments

• casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    Did you finish all of the exotic series? The guns are available to purchase for HB's or crystals.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • jpattonjpatton Registered Users 2 Posts
    I finished all of the ones that have a map piece attached. I haven't finished the Darman Harvesters one yet (I'm working on it anyway) because it doesn't have a "Series Reward" associated with it. The other ones (Darman Gigawatt, Solari Gauntlet, Darman Ripper, and Darman Saw), I have completed, yes.
    Do the Harvester series. It does have a map piece. And the Harvester is fun to use.
  • ZUN_ETSUZUN_ETSU Registered Users 1 Posts
    Hello, Mr. jpatton and Mr. casair, sorry to cut-in the talk. I have met the same issue about region 8. I have finished all series which gives map pieces except "Darman Harvester" series. Other series' weapon could get with HB or Crystals, but Harvester Series requries ONLY gold, which is in-app purchase. Today is Jan 3rd 2015 and at this moment, Harvester sold with 99 gold by discount, but there is no indication that it can be got with HB or Crystals. And seeing the region 9, there is only one piece left which says "Killing Ancille at region 8." So this is why I am stuck. If you guys have any suggestions, that will be helpful. thanks!
    What device are you playing on? The Harvester should be available for purchase with cash or crystals (I don't remember which).
  • ThecrazycoopThecrazycoop Registered Users 10 Posts
    Weird. I'm having the same problem in region 8, but with the Gigawatt gun. I got the Harvester with crystals (600 of them) But the gigawatt is only available for 499 gold! 'm playing on the kindle fire and someone mentioned that was the issue. I started on my ipod but am only at region one. I do't like playing with that small of a screen.
    That is strange. todfoxx may be able to help if he jumps in. I know Kindles exist in their own little world here.
  • SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    The other possibility is to make sure you are fully updated. Do not assume that all updates push through automatically. Check your app store for any outstanding updates.
    I do not play Kindle, apologies if you have already done this.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    If you are playing on a Kindle and need a map piece, but the Exotic that is needed to win the map piece costs gold, go read my post here:

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?123031-Lame!/page2

All of the Exotics used in hunts with map pieces as a prize were offered for sale for HB's or later, crystals. It was part of glu's "No one left behind" promise, or something like that. Recently, all the Exotics were offered for a sale price of 99 gold. glu forgot their prior promise to leave no one behind when the sale was offered and (by mistake or by design, who knows?) removed our ability to buy them by any means other than gold.

No Exotics for you!!

Until one smart guy found a work-around. Use the link to see how it works.
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad
    Roland, I read that and tried it, but it didn't work. I even did what you said and shut it down. I read you post this morning. I've tried it a few more times and it didn't work. Odd. I"m glad it worked for you though.
  • Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    Roland, I read that and tried it, but it didn't work. I even did what you said and shut it down. I read you post this morning. I've tried it a few more times and it didn't work. Odd. I"m glad it worked for you though.

Sorry to hear that. I hope for you (and others in the same situation) that glu sees the mistake they made and fixes it back. If people cannot advance without paying real cash, they will leave this game for good.

I know I will.
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad
    Exactly. I wish I didn't like playing it so much. I ALMOST broke down and bought it, but then just couldn't because I'm too stubborn to buy something that I should't have to. I do know that I'd rather of bought this game, say for $5 and then never had to have the offer to buy guns for real money. Oh well. Happy dinosaur hunting. I love some of the exotic guns. They're awesome.
  • pardicnpardicn Registered Users 1 Posts
    I'm in the same situation, too. Why Glu.com still did not solve it?
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    pardicn wrote: »
    I'm in the same situation, too. Why Glu.com still did not solve it?

Because the game is over and not supported anymore. I Uninstalled it two months ago.
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    Game is over but I'm now on my third go around. Just need the last map piece to move on to region 9. Then maybe start a fourth. Just passing time in between updates for dh14.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool: