Who preforms better in the long run?

Ibraheem MoizoosIbraheem Moizoos Registered Users 39 Posts
I somehow ended up with
Troy Tulowitzki R 9/9/2
Danny Santana B 9/3/9
Hanley Ramirez R 8/7/7
All short stops, and I can't decide who to use. I have Tulo as my DH and can't decide whether to start Danny or Han Ram. I like the idea of using Danny because of the Switch hitting and don't want to limit switch hitting to 1 or 2 AB's off the bench, but I like Hanley's power and how well rounded he is. Decisions Decisions.

Comments

• Mixx MastersMixx Masters Registered Users, Member 189 Posts
    i'm using tulo. thru 500 games he's batting 368 not much on steals but singles to right gets to 3rd so I think he's a good bet.
  • ReplicantsReplicants Registered Users 105 Posts
    I would keep Danny. He's doing great on my team. Plus you get the speed, 9 hitting and 9 bunting.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    I agree. Stick with Santana for now. The 9 hitting plus him being a switch hitter means he will prob hit around .380 +. Hanley may hit more HRs. But prob will hit around .320 - .330.
  • Ibraheem MoizoosIbraheem Moizoos Registered Users 39 Posts
    Sold! Thanks for the advice, plus Hanley should be sick off the bench!
  • QLDoriginQLDorigin Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 60 Posts
    I use Tulo: 4240 Games, .361 AVG, .683 Slugging 12.6 AB/HR

I like Hanley but only used him 200 games: .338, .536, 24.6

Santana even less: 97 games, .336, .439, 107.0
  • Mickey01023Mickey01023 Registered Users 54 Posts
    I disagree, Hanley is the better option, his power cancels out those 9s... He's 1 better is hitting, 5 better in power and there's not much a 9 can do a 7 can't for the most part
  • Ibraheem MoizoosIbraheem Moizoos Registered Users 39 Posts
    Another dilemma... I have Victor Martinez and need to either put Tulo or Santana on my bench??? I got Abreu recently so I have a good 3 and 4 hitter reguardless but can anyone justify 9 hitting and 9 power riding the pine to keep the switch hitter at leadoff?
  • princeofheckprinceofheck Registered Users 103 Posts
    Pros:
    Tulo isn't going to hit home runs all the time. Santana won't get many extra base hits but will steal the extra base.
    Santana is more versatile of a hitter against either lefties or righties.
    Santana's speed will allow him to score from beyond 3rd base more often.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    My vote is for Tulo. He's a beast. And him and Abreu as your 3/4 hitters is solid. Santana is perfect off the bench. He's a switch hitter and can be used effectively. Plus can steal second.