All Star Break Player Stat Updates

I wanted to change the tone of the message board since it's been nothing but negative for the past week or so. We all know there was an issue collecting awards as I was one of them. Now that it's fixed and everything is back to normal relatively speaking I wanted to spark a discussion.

So I'm assuming they'll give players some stat upgrades based on their performance this year. If that's the case, in my opinion here who you should hold on to in your inactives;

Dee Gordon 7/1/9
>9/1/9
Prince Fielder 5/5/2 ---->8/5/2
Bryce Harper 6/8/5 ---->8/9/5 as of 6/1, .325BA leading in HR, OBP & SLG and 2nd in RBI's
Kolten Wong 4/5/9
>7/5/9
DJ LeMahieu 6/2/7
>8/2/7
Jacoby Ellsbury 6/5/9 ---->7/5/9

Just for fun I gave my opinion on where they should be upgraded at based on stats as of 6/1. I really didn't consider speed because I'm not sure how they gauge that. It's not strictly based on stolen bases. I know there's a month and a half or so before the all star break and thing probably will change, but would love to hear some other opinions on above and any other players. If somebody would like to do pitchers, that would be great. If we could stock pile some lower star players that may be upgraded later, it would be a good boost and wouldn't cost as much as if you're trying to get them later.

Comments

• SurfinZapdosSurfinZapdos Registered Users 152 Posts
    Great discussion. I think there will definitely be an update. Fielder in my opinion would be 9 7 or 9 6!
  • Butthole PleasuresButthole Pleasures Registered Users 23 Posts
    I hope he does because I have him sitting in my inactives right now. He would definitely move to the starting line up!
  • dj moth mandj moth man Registered Users 18 Posts
    i brought this up in the tsb14 forum.
    Will there be a update? , i hope there is.
    I cant see glu spending time and or money to update stats twice.
    id love to be wrong.
  • TWWTWW Registered Users 74 Posts
    Harper definitely deserves a hit upgrade. I'd like to see Rizzo get bumped up to at least a 7 hit. He's hitting .316 right now. Maybe a 7 or an 8.
  • pblunt711pblunt711 Banned Users 36 Posts
    When they did it last year it was by stats, so i assume harper would be like 8 9 or 9 9 as of right now fielder probably 9 7 ish
    Jason kipnis will probably get a nice boost as well, just go look at stats before you trade guys away
    Why does Fielder have such bad stats in the first place? Because he was injured last year? Pretty stupid if that were the case, he had a good year in 2013. I'll be expecting a boost for him so I'm playing the very first tournament to get him.

If there's one thing I really do not get about this game is how a starting pitcher with a 9 arm can throw 102mph pitches consistently for 6 innings. There's not a pitcher alive who could do that. I get that you have to speed up the ball to make it harder for people to get hits, but come on. It makes more sense to me to lower the max speed a starter can throw, but leave relievers able to pitch that fast.
    Yea he was injured and had bad stats the little time he played, power was done by ab per hr or slugging it seems, hit by avg obviously. a lot of guys will change dramatically if they do it the same next time
  • BommbsOverBaghdadBommbsOverBaghdad Registered Users 163 Posts
    ok so there's a lot of talk about players whose stats will improve, but what about the guys who are doing bad? i'm assuming their stats will drop right?

i have Gordon, Fielder, and Kipnis who are doing well, but some other guys in my lineup are doing pretty bad- Gentry (only 38 ABs with a .079 BA before going back to the minors), Rendon (just returned from the DL- .200 BA, 0 HRs), Victorino (.255, 1 HR, 3 SBs- this isn't terrible but will likely decrease his decent 6/4/6 stats), Ryan Zimmerman (.213 BA, 5 HRs).

starting pitching i have Simon, Hendricks, Hahn, Collmenter, and Eovaldi. Simon is the only one with a sub 3.50 ERA with 2.76. needless to say the rest will be **** after stat updates. relievers Edgin, Sipp, and Ramos are doing pretty well, but Leone and Loup are garbage.

don't really wanna waste anymore time checking all my inactives, but it seems like stat updates might not necessarily be that great for everyone.

does anyone who was around last year know if you'll be compensated with draft picks if you have a lot of guys that lose stats? that would seem fair. like most people i can only hold 30 inactives and if i draft more i might lose a guy who has been doing well but has bad stats in the game currently.

would be a big help if Glu actually told us what was going on every once in a while...
  • Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    Nah, you don't get anything.
  • tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    Not sure you will get asnything for players stats going down. MLB teams don't get compensated not sure why you would in the TAP game either.
    Bommbs - I think Victorino will be fine. .255 is about right for a 6 hit guy. I would love for my 6 hitters to hit .255. Most of them are at .240
  • BommbsOverBaghdadBommbsOverBaghdad Registered Users 163 Posts
    tbatti wrote: »
    Not sure you will get asnything for players stats going down. MLB teams don't get compensated not sure why you would in the TAP game either.

would you like me to list all the ways that this game is not like real life at all? i would if i had that much time. too many to list.
  • SurfinZapdosSurfinZapdos Registered Users 152 Posts
    Yes you get compensated, at least in 2014 I did. Charlie Blackmon was at 8 6 9 then Downgraded to 7 5 9. Still great but I was so bummed since he was my only 5 star then.

But you will get gold and cash if I remember correctly. Also, players that positions change that are currently in your lineup won't change until you remove them from the lineup and try to put them back in.

And I wouldn't suspect a huge decrease from players who are 5* right now, unless they are doing terrible. Robinson Cano will probably become a 7 5 or 7 4. Not a 5 or 6 contact with 2 or 3 power like he's actually hitting. And also expect guys with injuries to not decrease by much.

My advice would be to hold off on drafting more players if you are at your inactives limit. What's the point in rushing when the stats will HOPEFULLY be upgraded at the all star break?