Options

Explain Tournament and League Seeding to Me

NYY 15'NYY 15' Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
I am growing beyond frustrated, and just would really like an explanation if someone is willing to provide one behind tournament and league seeding.

I am in Rookie, and intentionally trying to stay low in levels because I am starting from scratch, as the last team I played I levelled up to MVP and now that team can't win a game, he's trapped

SO bright me thinks I can start low and gather gold and cash and rings and when I have a better team, move up accordingly. However, I am in Rookie playing Veterans and Rising Stars every single tournament game, and they're beating me senseless. I can't even get a single green ring because if I'm lucky enough to get to the finals (usually with a handful of losses) I get crushed in the finals.

The blue ring leagues when I started cost 1000 minimum to play. Now the minimum is 2500, and I haven't moved up and my team has barely gotten better. The green rings used to be 1000 and Medium difficulty. Now, same thing, the buy in is 3000 cash and rated "Ultra Hard"

I could go off on another 10 page rant about how ridiculously uneven the league game programming has become. It used to be fairly accurate, teams I severely outrank I could beat as a home game or away game. Now, if I am lucky enough to outrank a team, I still get crushed. I go 4-4 in most tournaments having won all my road games and no home games. I would really love to understand how they seed these things.

Oh and somehow in my weekly rankings board the guy in first is in Legends, and the guy in 2nd is in Rising Star.. i have no chance to catch them, wish I knew why they were competing with a Rookie

Comments

• Options
    gregadamsgregadams Registered Users 298 Posts
    How much are you paying for the league play. Start with the cheapest ones and build your team that way as they are easier to win
  • Options
    gregadams wrote: »
    How much are you paying for the league play. Start with the cheapest ones and build your team that way as they are easier to win

I am doing the cheapest available which are the 2500 games (3000 being the expensive option)
  • Options
    Bulldog55DBulldog55D Registered Users 13 Posts
    Thats strange, I am doing the same thing in Semi-Pro and have 1000 tourneys for 2 blue rings and 1500 for 3 green. And I lose maybe 1% of the time. The green tournament says (Hard) but its cake.
  • Options
    BommbsOverBaghdadBommbsOverBaghdad Registered Users 163 Posts
    a lot of people say they are both rigged for this very reason.

i believe that your opponents for leagues are based more on the quality of your team. your rank has nothing to do with it really. though often times it seems pretty random. in league play the best i can hope for is to be the 2nd or 3rd best (team quality wise) and hope that i get lucky with away games.

after the last update, i think Glu tried to tweak some stuff to try to make things harder for people who intentionally didn't rank up. in reality it just made it harder for anyone who doesn't dump loads of money into the game (maybe that was their real intention...).

tournament play is broken as hell too. the green ring tourney is medium difficulty for me. i'm usually better than most people i'm matched with, the final i'm usually equal or better. yet they still manage to score way too much for a team that i supposedly outmatch.

with the last update there also came a huge change to autoplay. regardless of how much better you are than your opponent, you can still get your butt kicked if you autoplay, so stats mean pretty much nothing during autoplay now. i have found that playing each inning during tourneys/leagues as opposed to autoplaying some or all has helped. not only do i score more runs but i feel like the opponent scores less when i manually play (this isn't a proven fact, just something i've noticed so it could be true).

so yeah, pretty much the last update screwed everything up.
  • Options
    Well.. sorry to say but I am glad I am not the only one! I really wish they would provide some transparency to these changes they keep making and how things get seeded. I'm scared if I am in Rookie playing Rising Star, if I level up will I be playing MVP? It all seems so random it's frustrating, blah. All of this of course happening after the last update, but no update notes or anything.. something like that would be nice

On the autoplay note, I haven't noticed a significant difference one way or the other. I play lots of league/tournament games manually and it feels like the same outcome. This outcome however seems totally random. I concur the rankings really seem to do very little at times... depends on what kind of mood the game is in. Sometimes I can't win a game to save my life, doesn't matter against who. I play a handful of leagues getting **** kicked, then all of a sudden the tides turn and i sweep a league.
  • Options
    BommbsOverBaghdadBommbsOverBaghdad Registered Users 163 Posts
    i'm surprised you haven't noticed a difference in autoplay especially for events. i used to be able to autoplay the first 6-7 games of events and score 10+ runs easy. after the update now i'm lucky if i get more than a 3-4 game win streak going. and the fact that the time limit for win streaks is so short it practically forces you to autoplay most of the game. so many frustrations with this game. i swear, i'm one tiny wrong move by Glu away from ditching this game completely.
  • Options
    Routine Fly BallRoutine Fly Ball Registered Users 13 Posts
    i'm surprised you haven't noticed a difference in autoplay especially for events. i used to be able to autoplay the first 6-7 games of events and score 10+ runs easy. after the update now i'm lucky if i get more than a 3-4 game win streak going. and the fact that the time limit for win streaks is so short it practically forces you to autoplay most of the game. so many frustrations with this game. i swear, i'm one tiny wrong move by Glu away from ditching this game completely.

I've definitely noticed the change in the events. Used to be able to rattle off the first 5 wins most of the time, say 2/3 of the time without having a loss break a streak. Since about 2-3 weeks ago I don't think I have gotten a single 5 game streak and have capped out at about 3 before losing, despite outranking all of my opponents

I think most of us like the game play, but just get really frustrated when Glu makes changes to in-game programming and doesn't tell anyone. It seems shady as **** that every time things seem to be going well, they change the system. Great example is the rings, and the unobtainable green rings which they now force you into losing and then ask for gold to try again. Ridiculous, pulling stunts like that guarantee they'll never see a dime from me. Stop changing the game, make things difficult but reasonable, and then I'll start sinking some money into this thing
  • Options
    moneyteammoneyteam Registered Users 53 Posts
    I've definitely noticed the change in the events. Used to be able to rattle off the first 5 wins most of the time, say 2/3 of the time without having a loss break a streak. Since about 2-3 weeks ago I don't think I have gotten a single 5 game streak and have capped out at about 3 before losing, despite outranking all of my opponents

I think most of us like the game play, but just get really frustrated when Glu makes changes to in-game programming and doesn't tell anyone. It seems shady as **** that every time things seem to be going well, they change the system. Great example is the rings, and the unobtainable green rings which they now force you into losing and then ask for gold to try again. Ridiculous, pulling stunts like that guarantee they'll never see a dime from me. Stop changing the game, make things difficult but reasonable, and then I'll start sinking some money into this thing

Oh wow. It's great (or sad) to know that I'm not the only one who experiences the unobtainable green rings. I know exactly what you mean by that. I even get myself a Franchise Player to plug up the hole in my lineup so I can finally win that green ring tournament. Everything is smooth sailing up until the Finals where suddenly I can never win, whether I auto play or play it out myself even though I greatly outmatch my opponent in every single aspect. I've blown so much blue cash trying to win it and it works out the same way every single time, with a defeat in the finals then being asked for gold to try again. At this point I've given up on the that tournament as I've resigned to the fact that it is rigged and I will never be able to win that without paying gold which I refuse to do. So basically, at least I know i'm not the only one being forced to lose that green ring tournament every time just to be asked for gold.
  • Options
    TWWTWW Registered Users 74 Posts
    You will still experience these things even if your team is completely made up of 4.5* or better hitters and starting pitchers, and 4* bullpen. Along with everything at least a 7 in upgrades, that is pretty much my team. I lose in the finals from time to time, and even in the 1st 2nd and 3rd rounds. It's not unreasonable, you can't win every game. Yeah it sucks, and I hate it when it happens but upsets do exist. Personally, the more concerning thing to me is that if I run into a 5* pitcher in the finals, lose the game, and decide to retry for 25 gold, I will face that same pitcher while I go through my rotation normally. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Sure, you could say the AI used an ice wrap, but if I lost game after game, they pretty much have unlimited ice wraps.
  • Options
    moneyteammoneyteam Registered Users 53 Posts
    I lose....every...single...time...so much frustration