Options

Trading Inactive players for draft picks

bkballersbkballers Registered Users 9 Posts
Is it possible to accumulate enough inactives to reach a #1 draft pick? If so, how many?

Comments

• Options
    unrealgmunrealgm Registered Users 71 Posts
    bkballers wrote: »
    Is it possible to accumulate enough inactives to reach a #1 draft pick? If so, how many?

depends on the value of the players you're giving up. shortest i've seen is about 7-8 players (all 3.5 or 4 stars), longest if you've got all 1 and 2 stars could be upward of 40-50 picks. it goes by value more than absolute numbers.
  • Options
    Thank you. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't throwing players away.
  • Options
    dtrain987dtrain987 Registered Users 198 Posts
    You can do it by trading in just 5 players, as long as all are 4+ stars.
  • Options
    Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    dtrain987 wrote: »
    You can do it by trading in just 5 players, as long as all are 4+ stars.

Any feedback on if trading in players is actually worth it this year?
  • Options
    seems worth it if you can get a high pick. Of course it is capping me at 30 inactives right now and I can't get the #1 draft pick. Grrrrr
  • Options
    Clark22 wrote: »
    Any feedback on if trading in players is actually worth it this year?

personally i dont think it's worth it. good chance of getting back another 3-3.5 star player, what's the point?
  • Options
    TWWTWW Registered Users 74 Posts
    It's basically a free #1 overall, just by collecting players you don't need. What really needs to be done is make #1 overalls harder to get but make them all 4 star or better players.
  • Options
    cjbertovcjbertov Registered Users 10 Posts
    unrealgm wrote: »
    personally i dont think it's worth it. good chance of getting back another 3-3.5 star player, what's the point?

What's the point of holding a bunch of players you're not going to use though?
  • Options
    J.LeeJ.Lee Registered Users 146 Posts
    If you are piling up on the 1-2 star players, you will reach your 30 player capacity before you will see a #1 pick. In this case trade them in for the 1st round pick. I've traded 4-5 high rated players for a #1 pick. Like DTrain said, it's all based on what you trade in. Just remember you have a 30 player capacity.
  • Options
    J.Lee wrote: »
    If you are piling up on the 1-2 star players, you will reach your 30 player capacity before you will see a #1 pick. In this case trade them in for the 1st round pick. I've traded 4-5 high rated players for a #1 pick. Like DTrain said, it's all based on what you trade in. Just remember you have a 30 player capacity.

ymmv with the player capacity. 30 for some users, ive seen it much higher for other users. i was stuck at 30 for a bit but mine has been inching up, im at 46 capacity now. no real rhyme / reason to it that i've noticed yet.
  • Options
    Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    I'm at about 48 I think. Not sure what causes it to increase.
  • Options
    K-DK-D Registered Users 378 Posts
    I have 31 inactive a and I can get a #1 draft pick right now. Question.. Can you choose who you want to trade in or does it automatically take all your inactive whether you want it to or not
  • Options
    K-D wrote: »
    I have 31 inactive a and I can get a #1 draft pick right now. Question.. Can you choose who you want to trade in or does it automatically take all your inactive whether you want it to or not

it'll take your full inactive list, everyone on it.
  • Options
    The Evil DeadThe Evil Dead Registered Users 1 Posts
    I have 93 inactives
  • Options
    Mickey01023Mickey01023 Registered Users 54 Posts
    I have 84, idk what makes it rise p... Maybe your level. I guess it's to much trouble for glu to explain the rules. Don't forget it doesn't just take your batters but pitchers too
  • Options
    J.LeeJ.Lee Registered Users 146 Posts
    You are right I'm just now noticing this also. Either way, there is a capacity! Unlike last years game.
  • Options
    5 Star CUBS5 Star CUBS Registered Users 3 Posts
    So i figured out how this works I think.. if you don't trade your players it will keep all the 4.5 star and above players and you will not re draft them. Its better not to trade in your players if you want to get all the 5 star players.
  • Options
    Tony167Tony167 Registered Users 392 Posts
    I was wondering that too. Didn't want to draft players and 3 and 4 star players push my 4.5's out of my list. Good info to know