Options

Need some lu advice

Tony167Tony167 Registered Users 392 Posts
Ive been getting owned in the Hall of Fame level any time I enter higher paying tournies and leagues and any time I come across a team with prime players. I thought my team was pretty decent but was wondering if I could get any advice on my lu

C- Martin 4* 6/6/5
1b - Pearce 5* 7/8/4
2b - Altuve 5* 9/2/9
3b - Machado 4.5* 7/5/4
ss - Alexei Ramirez 4.5* 7/5/9
of- Kemp 5* 7/7/5
of- Harper 4.5* 6/8/5
of- Gordon 4.5* 6/7/5
DH Beltran 4.5* 5/8/3

Subs
Dozier 4.5* 4/8/8
Holliday 4.5 7/6/3
Calhoun 4.5* 7/6/4

Notable inactives
Carlos Santana 4/9/3
Daniel Murphy 8/3/6
Gardner 6/5/8
Hosmer 7/4/4

Pitchers
Kershaw, price, wainwright
Degrom 5* 7/6/8
Scherzer 8/6/7

Inactive
Iwakuma 5* 5/9/7 ( switch him in for degrom or scherzer?)

My top 3 relievers are
Gregorson 4.5* 6/7/9
Benoit 4.5* 8/5/9
Robertson 5* 9/5/9

I have 4000 gold left and 250000 cash. don't want to waste my time right now playing best of tournies and leagues and getting smoked. thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• Options
    unrealgmunrealgm Registered Users 71 Posts
    you need at least a few more prime guys before making a serious run at GOAT.
  • Options
    Cool thanks. They only become available once in awhile right?
  • Options
    unrealgm wrote: »
    you need at least a few more prime guys before making a serious run at GOAT.

Just upgraded my catcher to 4.5* and added 5* hunter pence to my OF. Should I wait to even play my playoffs for hall of fame until I get some prime players?
  • Options
    unrealgmunrealgm Registered Users 71 Posts
    Tony167 wrote: »
    Just upgraded my catcher to 4.5* and added 5* hunter pence to my OF. Should I wait to even play my playoffs for hall of fame until I get some prime players?

i would wait until you have all 5* or at least several prime players before moving up to GOAT.
  • Options
    unrealgm wrote: »
    i would wait until you have all 5* or at least several prime players before moving up to GOAT.

Thanks. I'll stick where I'm at for now and see who I can acquire until some primes come available
  • Options
    How would you rank these pitchers? Stuff the most important stat?

Lester 5* 7/8/8
    Price 5* 8/9/7
    Wainwright 5* 5/8/8
    Degrom 5* 7/6/8
    Scherzer 5* 8/6/7
    Iwakuma 5* 5/9/7
    Zimmerman 5* 6/9/7
    Samardzija 5* 6/8/7
  • Options
    tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    Go with Stuff as most important stat for pitchers. For hitters you should play more guys on your bench that have a higher hit rating. Don't go by stars.

Kershaw also sucks in this game. He's good vs the computer in lower levels after that he's almost worthless unless your opponent has never faced him.
  • Options
    tbatti wrote: »
    Go with Stuff as most important stat for pitchers. For hitters you should play more guys on your bench that have a higher hit rating. Don't go by stars.
    Kershaw also sucks in this game. He's good vs the computer in lower levels after that he's almost worthless unless your opponent has never faced him.

Thanks for the info. I'll go look through all my subs and inactives and see what I can upgrade. Who are the top starters I should look to get if Kershaw gets shelled in higher levels?
  • Options
    TWWTWW Registered Users 74 Posts
    yeah, Tony, don't even bother going through playoffs right now. Stay as low a level as you can for as long as you can. Just keep gathering picks, etc and try and load up your team with great players.
  • Options
    TWW wrote: »
    yeah, Tony, don't even bother going through playoffs right now. Stay as low a level as you can for as long as you can. Just keep gathering picks, etc and try and load up your team with great players.

Yeah that's what I'm gonna have to do. I wish I found this board sooner. I moved up way to quick. Hard to even win any of the hard and ultra hard tournies now. But I'm slowly getting upgrades