Options

Gold

moneyteammoneyteam Registered Users 53 Posts
How do you guys get enough gold for a prime player without spending money? Around how long does it take to save up that much gold? It's 20k gold right now for prime Mauer. Is the 50k cash league worth the time it takes to save up 50,000 cash to go for the second place 700g prize? I'm at elite right now so I get 250 per inning but it takes so long just to save up 50000 without any guarantee of getting exactly second place in that league.

Comments

• Options
    bos1978bos1978 Registered Users 24 Posts
    All you have to do place top 5 for 15-20 weeks in a row and there you go. Otherwise pony up the cash.
  • Options
    bos1978 wrote: »
    All you have to do place top 5 for 15-20 weeks in a row and there you go. Otherwise pony up the cash.

I'm not gonna give them my money when their game is still laggy and i get glitches such as disappearing pitches mid-flight and weird lag spikes. Do you know how often draft pick sales come around though?
  • Options
    BommbsOverBaghdadBommbsOverBaghdad Registered Users 163 Posts
    i've been playing about 6 weeks now, never payed real money, currently at MVP, and have 3000 gold. only spent about 400-500 total. so assuming i play every day i'll probably hit 20k in like 10 months :/

i've never played the 700 gold league but i imagine it is a lot harder than most of the others, though i'm not sure. seems like a bad investment to me unless your team is really good since even if you save up that much cash there's no guarantee that you'll even make it in the top 3. plus there will be people who will purposely lose games and stuff so they'll place second instead of 1st. it's just a huge gamble.
  • Options
    i've been playing about 6 weeks now, never payed real money, currently at MVP, and have 3000 gold. only spent about 400-500 total. so assuming i play every day i'll probably hit 20k in like 10 months :/

i've never played the 700 gold league but i imagine it is a lot harder than most of the others, though i'm not sure. seems like a bad investment to me unless your team is really good since even if you save up that much cash there's no guarantee that you'll even make it in the top 3. plus there will be people who will purposely lose games and stuff so they'll place second instead of 1st. it's just a huge gamble.

I've been playing 3 weeks and I'm at elite and yeah it's just a huge gamble in exchange for a ton of cash which takes time to accumulate. At MVP how often do you get the 50g at the end of the game? How do you get your #1 draft picks? or other good players?
  • Options
    BommbsOverBaghdadBommbsOverBaghdad Registered Users 163 Posts
    i've gotten 100g after games a few times. maybe like 3 i think out of 66 division wins so far. i don't really get many #1 draft picks. i do a lot of the blue/green ring drafts since they're basically just as good as #1 drafts. plus at MVP you get first round picks after games occasionally. like maybe 5-10 so far.
  • Options
    freedom507freedom507 Registered Users 26 Posts
    I USED SPENT 75 GOLD TO PLAY lots of LEAGUE GAMES AND AIM FOR NO 2 FOR #1 PICK..
  • Options
    ShaftsShafts Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    It takes longer now than before the last upgrade. There was the potential for 400 gold daily on the leaderboards. Now there are purple rings instead. I got to a Prime player in about 3 months. I suspect it will take longer now. A prime batter is fun. A prime pitcher is deadly.
  • Options
    Shafts wrote: »
    It takes longer now than before the last upgrade. There was the potential for 400 gold daily on the leaderboards. Now there are purple rings instead. I got to a Prime player in about 3 months. I suspect it will take longer now. A prime batter is fun. A prime pitcher is deadly.

I started playing after they changed it to purple rings.....400 gold from daily leaderboards sounds like an absolute dream to me at this point. other than that, it' s mainly the 1100 gold from weekly leaderboard.
  • Options
    unrealgmunrealgm Registered Users 71 Posts
    whatever you do, don't spend money on this game. there are ways to get gold just based on how broken this game is. that being said, once you have all the gold that you need the game isn't really worth playing anymore.