How To Get 5 Star Players??

I'm at the MVP level and have bought and spent plenty of gold. I have yet to get anything better than a 4.5 star player. How do these people have 3,4 or 5 or more sometimes, 5 star players? Can you get them as nbwr 1 draft picks?? I've bought probably 60 number 1 picks and never gotten anything better than Adam Lind (4.5 stars) I'm at the MVP level now and It seems that I am way overmatched. Help please?

Comments

• bos1978bos1978 Registered Users 24 Posts
    If you're going to spend some real cash so to speak the best thing is pile up some gold when it's on sale and then spend it on #1 and 1st round picks when they are having fan rewards for prime players.
    It is insane how many picks you need to get 5* players and then all the sudden you will get 2 in 5 picks. I usually mix it up because I have gotten a few 5*'s with just 1st rounders.
    The worst is when you finally do get a 5* guy and then he sucks worse then some 3* guys..... Not mentioning any names- cough... Glen Perkins!
    You wouldn't think a 9-8-8 reliever would get crushed so hard.
  • SurfinZapdosSurfinZapdos Registered Users 152 Posts
    It's all about luck it seems. And deciding if it is a good time to draft. I'm very superstitious and always look at at least 10-15 picks before actually drafting, and usually only after I see 6 3* in a row. I have 9 5* players and I'm at the elite level.

Altuve-prime event
    Pence-prime event
    Ramirez-prime event

Rizzo-first round
    Morneau-#1 pick
    Posey-#1 pick
    Martinez-#1 pick
    Sale-#1 pick
    Bumgarner-first round
  • SurfinZapdosSurfinZapdos Registered Users 152 Posts
    I also have about 12 4.5* players too. I probably have drafted more than 60 #1 picks too though.
  • Dodgers1909Dodgers1909 Registered Users 1 Posts
    What do you mean you look at at least 10–15 picks before you draft, and you only draft after you see 6 3* in a row? I've had rotten luck with drafting, so I'm willing to try any superstitions. I'm at HOF level, and I just got my fifth 5* player in the Elite Draft (and he's pretty much the least exciting 5* player out there).

My 5* players:
    Abreu–#1 pick
    Kemp–#1 pick
    Iwakuma–5* draft
    Perkins–#1 pick
    Vincent–#1 pick

Thanks!
  • ShaftsShafts Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    funny, I got Iwakuma also with the 5 star draft
  • redstitchredstitch Registered Users 6 Posts
    I've been playing almost a year (nearing 1200 games) and have yet to spend any "real" cash on the game. All of my 5* guys have been acquired via first round or #1 draft picks, and it's just been a luck of the draw kind of thing for me. I do have close to 2 dozen 4.5* guys (most inactive - of course) and many of them have great numbers. My 5* position players are Rizzo, Santana, Kemp, and Harrison - pitchers are DeGrom, Darvish, Sale, and Sanchez. Keep on keepin' on.
  • Tony167Tony167 Registered Users 392 Posts
    I'm at the MVP level and have bought and spent plenty of gold. I have yet to get anything better than a 4.5 star player. How do these people have 3,4 or 5 or more sometimes, 5 star players? Can you get them as nbwr 1 draft picks?? I've bought probably 60 number 1 picks and never gotten anything better than Adam Lind (4.5 stars) I'm at the MVP level now and It seems that I am way overmatched. Help please?
    I was where you are at one point. First off make sure not to trade in your inactives for draft picks.

If you're planning on buying gold use bos1978's strategy. You will load up on players fast.
    If you aren't planning on buying gold redstich's reply is right on. Just keep on going the way you are. Not trading in picks will lessen the player pool for you.

I've done both and play a ton of Tournies and leagues. I Have acquired a good 10 or 12 , 5* players in those.
  • MikeTheTerribleMikeTheTerrible Registered Users 36 Posts
    Thanks yall