Options

Reliever placement in lineup

J.LeeJ.Lee Registered Users 146 Posts
How do you guys decide where to stick your relievers in the lineup? I sometimes feel like a bad era with a great reliever can be attributed to where you put them? Thoughts? Explain your science behind it. I have seen a thread on this when I played 2014, but I want to see what you guys think.

Comments

• Options
    BommbsOverBaghdadBommbsOverBaghdad Registered Users 163 Posts
    currently only have one LR and the rest SRs so LR is in the Long position. best guy- closer. 2nd best- set up man. 2 other SRs in the middle.

something i keep meaning to try is putting my best pitcher in the 3rd slot. this is because when autoplaying, regardless of score, whether you're winning or losing, or if your current pitcher isn't tired, the AI will always put your closer in in the 9th inning. this gets really annoying for me because if i'm losing or it's a tie game, i prefer to save my best guy for last if it goes into extra innings. when autoing often times what happens is, since i have an LR that can usually go 2 innings at least, they'll skip one or both of the other 2 relievers and go straight to the set up man, then closer. i think this would fix the problem though i haven't tried yet.

i think the spot the reliever is in definitely affects their stats but only during autoplay. another annoying thing is that if your starter is "struggling" then the AI will take him out as early as the 2nd or 3rd inning even though he doesn't suffer any drop in stats like when they get "tired." this makes it so your first 3 relievers have to last 4-5 innings since you can't use your set up man til the 8th and closer til the 9th. you're forced to have one of those guys pitch 2-3 innings and if you have mostly or all SRs than you're SOL. because of this they usually end up giving up more runs.
  • Options
    J.LeeJ.Lee Registered Users 146 Posts
    Thanks for all your information on this bro. Everything you said, I pretty much 100% agree with as I have dealt with the same situations or have thought the same thing