Options

Tournament Game Bug- click play=nothing

WhompKingWhompKing Registered Users 21 Posts
For me, I lost a tournament game. When I lost, I spent the gold to retry. When I got into the game, it crashed immediately. For a couple days, it said I was in the bottom of the ninth, but, when I would click it, it would go to the game ending screen to exit. Now, the game has returned to the start, but, when I click the "play" button, All that happens is the "whack" sound of the bat connecting to a ball (the sound it makes when you enter a game.) It has been bugged for around 5 days now and I contacted support immediately when it was bugged. I think they tried to fix the issue by restarting the game, but, for some reason, this glitch happened.

Anyone else have this problem? I am really irritated that I cannot play in tournament games. The four game bracket is probably my favorite.

Comments

• Options
    deerhunter716deerhunter716 Registered Users, Member 155 Posts
    WhompKing wrote: »
    For me, I lost a tournament game. When I lost, I spent the gold to retry. When I got into the game, it crashed immediately. For a couple days, it said I was in the bottom of the ninth, but, when I would click it, it would go to the game ending screen to exit. Now, the game has returned to the start, but, when I click the "play" button, All that happens is the "whack" sound of the bat connecting to a ball (the sound it makes when you enter a game.) It has been bugged for around 5 days now and I contacted support immediately when it was bugged. I think they tried to fix the issue by restarting the game, but, for some reason, this glitch happened.

Anyone else have this problem? I am really irritated that I cannot play in tournament games. The four game bracket is probably my favorite.

Same here. I can play leagues just fine but cannot play this old tourney. Support asked for a screenshot to send to the devs so I hope they can clear this out....
  • Options
    Islander57Islander57 Registered Users 3 Posts
    I have same issues. Game freezes in tournament games. After reboot, you have lost that games stopping your win streak. Happening over and over since the update was downloaded. Also have had regular games where ball goes to the outfield and the outfielder does not go after it. It just sits there causing you to have to reboot game and lose all results.
  • Options
    Tony167Tony167 Registered Users 392 Posts
    Islander57 wrote: »
    . Also have had regular games where ball goes to the outfield and the outfielder does not go after it. It just sits there causing you to have to reboot game and lose all results.

This just happened to me for the first time today. Cost me runs rebooting the inning!
  • Options
    WhompKingWhompKing Registered Users 21 Posts
    Islander57 wrote: »
    I have same issues. Game freezes in tournament games. After reboot, you have lost that games stopping your win streak. Happening over and over since the update was downloaded. Also have had regular games where ball goes to the outfield and the outfielder does not go after it. It just sits there causing you to have to reboot game and lose all results.
    What update? I looked at the App Store and there hasn't been one since May.
  • Options
    deerhunter716deerhunter716 Registered Users, Member 155 Posts
    What update? I looked at the App Store and there hasn't been one since May.

So my issue is the tourney is frozen and you cannot launch it or play the tournament at all. It shows play but you hit play and nothing happens at all. There is also no expiration time either.
  • Options
    NYY 15'NYY 15' Registered Users, Member 23 Posts

I've had the same problem since July 2. I sent Glu a service ticket, they responded saying their dev team would look into it and cancel the game for me. That was 4 days ago, and I am still stuck. I also simply hear the crack of the bat and then nothing happens. I didn't realize it was so wide spread an issue, i actually think Glu even responded saying it was an insolated incident ..
  • Options
    Daniel.shay80Daniel.shay80 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Same thing has happened to me. I have sent 3 tickets to try to get this resolved and have not heard anything from the glu team. Really do not want to start over with a new team. Hopefully someone will contact me as playing in the tournaments is the best part of the game