How much gold needed to make a run at 200k?

Soxfanintx69Soxfanintx69 Registered Users 24 Posts
Just had some questions for those of you who get to 200k points and win the 800 gold every event.

Specifically, how much gold should you have to begin with and how good should your team be?

In my case, I currently have 610 gold and have 11000 points in this current event. Is that enough gold to go for a long streak? I can never seem to guess when I need to "boost" my team either. Many times it looks like an easy win and I get beat, and sometimes I pay 40 gold for a boost and get beat. I dunno. I'm probably just an idiot.

Assuming my measly 600 gold is enough to at least try, does this team look good enough to make a run for 200k points?

Here is my current lineup:

Lucroy, 8 4 4
Morneau, 9 5 2
Cano, 9 4 5
Rendon, 7 6 6
Alexei Ramirez, 7 5 9
Trumbo, 4 9 4
Kemp, 7 7 5
Werth, 8 6 4
Encarnacion, 6 9 3

Subs-
Donaldson, 5 9 4
M. Adams, 7 6 3
Crawford, 7 3 9

PITCHING:
Starters -
Wood, 7 6 8
Cobb, 6 6 8
Teheran, 5 8 8
Holland, 6 7 7
Bailey, 6 6 7

Relievers -
Yates, 9 5 7
Papelbon, 6 8 8
Boxberger, 9 3 9
Cishek, 9 5 8
Benoit, 8 5 9

My biggest concern is starting pitching. I don't usually have a problem scoring runs and my bullpen is solid.

Any opinions/thoughts from you guys that go for the 800 gold on a consistent basis?

Comments

• Tony167Tony167 Registered Users 392 Posts
    For a straight win streak to get to 200k you will need about 28 wins. So 500 gold just to refill the energy. + whatever boosts you feel you need.

If you have to go on a few smaller win streaks, it will cost you more gold.

Your team should be plenty good to get to the 200k mark tho. Sometimes you just need to have a lucky run
  • Soxfanintx69Soxfanintx69 Registered Users 24 Posts
    Tony167 wrote: »
    For a straight win streak to get to 200k you will need about 28 wins. So 500 gold just to refill the energy. + whatever boosts you feel you need.

If you have to go on a few smaller win streaks, it will cost you more gold.

Your team should be plenty good to get to the 200k mark tho. Sometimes you just need to have a lucky run

Thanks for the input. Maybe I will do a couple runs with no boosts and see how far I can get. It would be great to snag 800 gold every couple days!
  • Soxfanintx69Soxfanintx69 Registered Users 24 Posts
    Btw Tony (and any others), how do you determine when to use a boost? Is it the "overall quality" bar at the top of the screen? Because I have seen my team have just a tiny bit of the opponent's red showing and still lost! Drives me crazy. Then sometimes the opposite is true.

Are there any other indicators I could go by? Or is it pretty much just guess work?

Thanks again.
  • BommbsOverBaghdadBommbsOverBaghdad Registered Users 163 Posts
    your team is about as good as mine, maybe a bit better. when it comes to getting a win streak it seems to be all just plain luck since you are forced to autoplay most/all because of the streak timer. i've never actually bought any of the boosts ever. they seem way too expensive. i've actually ignored them so much that i kinda forgot they even exist haha. but now that i think of it i'm assuming they are necessary to get high win streaks. a 5+ game win streak is a rare occasion for me. so as far as using boosts, the overall quality bar is the only thing you can really go by. maybe if the opponent's pitching far outmatches your hitting than you could try the boost as well, but when it comes to autoplay, luck is the dominant factor.
  • Tony167Tony167 Registered Users 392 Posts
    Btw Tony (and any others), how do you determine when to use a boost? Is it the "overall quality" bar at the top of the screen? Because I have seen my team have just a tiny bit of the opponent's red showing and still lost! Drives me crazy. Then sometimes the opposite is true.

Are there any other indicators I could go by? Or is it pretty much just guess work?

Thanks again.

There's really no rhyme or reason that I know of. Auto play is pretty much a toss up these days. You could look at the quality bar + the starting pitchers to help you out. But for the most part just guess work. Use bigger boosts maybe the closer you get to the 200k?
  • Gothams1883Gothams1883 Registered Users 43 Posts
    I did it for the first time with a little over 1000 gold. I hit a streak of 30 wins and used more boosts as I got closer to that mark, hence the 1000 gold. It was more of a "safety net" as I got closer to the 200k mark. That and fear that I'd blow the streak. So I'd use the higher boosts! Haha! Good luck! Getting that 800 gold back really helped!