Options

3 player pack

MikeuknightMikeuknight Registered Users 3 Posts
Out of the 3 player free agent packs, which is the best packs to get. I'm looking for a 1B and SP.

Comments

• Options
    Thirty ThreeThirty Three Registered Users 33 Posts
    Honestly, I would advise to stay away from the 3-pack, because as you play more, all those players become irrelevant.
  • Options
    Tony167Tony167 Registered Users 392 Posts
    I would agree that it's prob better not to buy any of the 3 packs.

But if you really are in need of those positions, the CIN, CLE, KC, and MIN Die hard packs are your best bets .
  • Options
    Tony167 wrote: »
    I would agree that it's prob better not to buy any of the 3 packs.

But if you really are in need of those positions, the CIN, CLE, KC, and MIN Die hard packs are your best bets .

Yeah I mean there are some good packs out there. Like the Yankee pack wasn't that bad. Jacoby ellsbury has done we'll for me but rest not so shabby. I'm thinking clev because Santana got some pop and Salazar throws hard so I figure I try Cleveland. But them again min pack has mauer who's a beast and Hughes who can pitch too.
  • Options
    spizzlospizzlo Registered Users 31 Posts
    What is your team looking like? That kinda makes a difference on what to recommend.

Generally though, the packs are a ripoff being only 4-star max. I wouldn't buy any free agents either past 3 or 3.5 stars (whichever it is where you can't use cash anymore, I can't remember). If you really wanted you could draft by position, but you might get stuck with a 2-star. I wouldn't do that either. You could also try your luck on a draft sale. I know it's no guarantee to get the position you want, but you'd get 9 #1 picks or 27 first rounds for 2025 gold. You could also play leagues, which seem very popular from what I've seen on the forum (I haven't got around to playing many). Check if the position you want is a prize in any of them.

I've primarily done draft sales, and I now have an all 4-star and above team (except 2nd base, which has alluded me).
  • Options
    spizzlo wrote: »
    What is your team looking like? That kinda makes a difference on what to recommend.

Generally though, the packs are a ripoff being only 4-star max. I wouldn't buy any free agents either past 3 or 3.5 stars (whichever it is where you can't use cash anymore, I can't remember). If you really wanted you could draft by position, but you might get stuck with a 2-star. I wouldn't do that either. You could also try your luck on a draft sale. I know it's no guarantee to get the position you want, but you'd get 9 #1 picks or 27 first rounds for 2025 gold. You could also play leagues, which seem very popular from what I've seen on the forum (I haven't got around to playing many). Check if the position you want is a prize in any of them.

I've primarily done draft sales, and I now have an all 4-star and above team (except 2nd base, which has alluded me).

I have only one player with a low star and that's Brock holt but dude can hit the ball. I'm just saving my gold for sales on the weekend competition fan rewards usually get good players. Got Crawford and Ramirez in that sale and they both produced we'll for me. There's good players on the pack like min,clev,cin pack. It's really a good pack but imma save it for a big time sp for fan rewards sale come.
  • Options
    DolemiteDolemite Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    I think about this a lot... for the most part the packs are worthless... BUT... last year you could have bought the White Sox pack and gotten Jose Abreu cheap. After the software update he was 5* 9 Hit 9 Power. After the update he was removed from the 3-pack option. It's obvious, right now, if you bought the Houston pack with Dallas Keuchel in it, you will have a 5* pitcher once the software finally updates. George Springer may even be a 5*. There may be other gems tucked away too.
    Thoughts?
  • Options
    pblunt711pblunt711 Banned Users 36 Posts
    Gerrit cole on pirates pack, moustakis and hosmer on kc pack all would get nice boosts if they update
  • Options
    DolemiteDolemite Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    pblunt711 wrote: »
    Gerrit cole on pirates pack, moustakis and hosmer on kc pack all would get nice boosts if they update
    This is what I'm talking about!