Options

Worst pitch

spizzlospizzlo Registered Users 31 Posts
I just have to vent about this pitch. I'm pretty sure it's the slider. It comes right down the middle, and at the last second it drops away. It gets me every time, and I can't figure out how to combat it. It might come down the middle a tiny bit lower than the fastball, but it's so close that I can't really tell. Every other pitch is readable, but this one almost seems like cheating it's so bad for me. Thankfully I don't see it as much as other pitches, but man does it grind my gears!

Anybody else have a least favorite pitch?

Comments

• Options
    BommbsOverBaghdadBommbsOverBaghdad Registered Users 163 Posts
    i know that pitch and have gotten much better at letting it go with practice. my least favorite pitch definitely the slider that looks like it's about to hit your batter, than magically turns in and is called a strike every time. i usually let this one go but with 2 strikes it's pretty much an automatic out because it's impossible to hit. at best you'll get a pop up.
  • Options
    Tony167Tony167 Registered Users 392 Posts
    I hate that huge sweeping curve ball that hits invisible corners for called third strikes
  • Options
    baxnetbaxnet Registered Users 30 Posts
    Dunno about you, but the one that annoys me the most is the 103 fastball right down the middle that I lay off of, because the last 5 pitches have been behind my batter
  • Options
    BommbsOverBaghdadBommbsOverBaghdad Registered Users 163 Posts
    Tony167 wrote: »
    I hate that huge sweeping curve ball that hits invisible corners for called third strikes

that's extremely annoying as well. the called "strikes" that aren't even in the strike zone. hitting's already hard enough as it is without this rather lenient strikezone. we got MLB players, but little league umpires apparently haha.
  • Options
    freedom507freedom507 Registered Users 26 Posts

exactly...not only curve..slider also become pain in your *** when it strike you at outcourse corner or incourse corner.
  • Options
    spizzlospizzlo Registered Users 31 Posts
    i know that pitch and have gotten much better at letting it go with practice. my least favorite pitch definitely the slider that looks like it's about to hit your batter, than magically turns in and is called a strike every time. i usually let this one go but with 2 strikes it's pretty much an automatic out because it's impossible to hit. at best you'll get a pop up.

Yeah, that one is bad too. I actually don't have as much of a problem with it. It usually gets me once then I'm on to it, and I do get hits against it. More recently I've noticed they'll switch it up and have it come down the middle only to veer away for a bawl. Really it has the same effect as the slider in that case.

I know it's so frustrating. Obviously it's easier said than done, but if you only swing at strikes, you can usually let those go and get a fastball (or at least something easier to hit). One of the tips is even to lay off curve***** then smash the fastballl or something like that.
    baxnet wrote: »
    Dunno about you, but the one that annoys me the most is the 103 fastball right down the middle that I lay off of, because the last 5 pitches have been behind my batter

omg I know man everyhing is harder at 103. I just faced the Japanese (I think) closer that is 999 with the moving fastball. Wow is he impossible to hit.
  • Options
    DolemiteDolemite Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    The moving fastball is, by far, the hardest pitch to hit.
    Sweeping curve on outside corner is #2 hardest.
    A pitcher with 9 or higher arm throwing a 2-strike, 2-seam fastball is really tough too.