Upgrades or Players first?

kpthomas85kpthomas85 Registered Users 11 Posts
Hello. Wondering how to best spend my gold. As someone who isn't paying real money, I stockpiled a lot of gold through various methods, which I plan to spend during a Fan Rewards event to get a prime player. I've done just about all I can with in-game-cash (I think) by upgrading everything to level 6, and doing the 15k cash tournament at MVP level (which gives you a 3 1/2 star player or a #1/1st round pick).

My team is mostly 3 1/2 * players, but with two 4* OF and one 5* player (Ryan Braun). My pitching staff is useless, almost all 3* or below except for one 3 1/2*.

When I get to 20k gold and spend it during the Fan Rewards Event, should I spend it upgrading everything to level 9, and then continue doing tournaments to get players? Or should I spend the 20k on #1 picks?

Any input is appreciated. Don't wanna do one thing and regret it later. And no goldfinger, I won't pay for this information.

Thanks all.

Comments

• jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    Get powerful players first.
    Team upgrade doesn't help you much. Trust me.
  • JonnydamanJonnydaman Registered Users 53 Posts
    I would say to go for upgrades first, upgrades will improve your whole team a lot and you can always get rings to spend on draft picks.
  • BommbsOverBaghdadBommbsOverBaghdad Registered Users 163 Posts
    upgrades for sure. spamming the 15k league (and purposely trying to get 2nd) and the blue ring leagues for the blue ring only elite draft is the easiest way to get good players. and this method won't cost any gold, upgrades will. no point wasting gold if you don't have to.

go with the upgrades. good players will start coming eventually.
  • Tony167Tony167 Registered Users 392 Posts
    You can really go either way. If you're gonna do the upgrades you can always just do the hitting and pitching upgrades for now and spend the rest on drafting. With 20k in gold, you're gonna get 2 - 4* , 4.5* and 5* players from fan rewards alone. So those 6 players should make your team dramatically better themselves.