Stuck in Mediocrity...

itsamartyitsamarty Registered Users 4 Posts
To those willing to offer help/advice I would greatly appreciate it as I feel that I am essentially "stuck" in the game.

I have been playing for a little over a month, around 300 games, with a win percentage around .600 and I am currently at the All-Star level. My team is compromised of 3* to 4* players with my best player (and only one above 4*) being Francisco Rodriguez (8/6/8, Closer). Although I have more the game says I have 34 inactives to trade for a 1st round pick.

My problem is that I don't want to spend real money on the game, don't have the time to grind through prime events or watch videos everyday, and don't want to hack/cheat. I am struggling to win the prizes from leagues, occasionally I will finish 2nd/3rd, and can seemingly never win the Green Ring tournaments. My players stats are beginning to lower and my win percentage against the AI is lowering as well.

Does anyone have suggestions how to get out of this rut? Is there a certain draft with the best odds to pick up new/better players (seems like my luck is not good)? Did I rank up too high too quickly and am flat out screwed?

I've just recently found this forum and am getting mixed advice about when the time to level up is and how the AI reacts to leveling up so any help or clarification on any of this would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• J.LeeJ.Lee Registered Users 146 Posts
    Keep grinding man. Level up when you absolutely destroy everyone in your league and match the playoffs for upgrades and such
  • BommbsOverBaghdadBommbsOverBaghdad Registered Users 163 Posts
    switch to TSB14 if you don't plan on buying gold or hacking/glitching. it's so much easier to get gold without needing to cheat or paying for it. it's essentially the same game but without prime players or events.
  • PJDodgerPJDodger Registered Users 38 Posts
    switch to TSB14 if you don't plan on buying gold or hacking/glitching. it's so much easier to get gold without needing to cheat or paying for it. it's essentially the same game but without prime players or events.

Do a lot of people actually play the 2014 version so there are plenty of opponents?
  • BommbsOverBaghdadBommbsOverBaghdad Registered Users 163 Posts
    PJDodger wrote: »
    Do a lot of people actually play the 2014 version so there are plenty of opponents?

i mean not as many as 15 i don't think. on the google play it says both versions have a million downloads. no way of really knowing how many are actually active though i'd assume 15 has more. but it's not like you're playing the same 20 teams over and over again. the teams are just as challenging. it does take a bit longer to join a league though. about an hour most of the time for me, sometimes 2-3 at the very most. that would be my only complaint but i can live with it.

but seriously, without paying or cheating, making gold takes forever in TSB15. i guess it depends on how much you play and how dedicated you are though. i felt that played more than enough to be getting top 5 in weekly leaderboards but it never happened once in about 3 months of playing. i'm convinced that if you want all your upgrades maxed out and a full 5 star team you'll have to play for a year at least. that's just my opinion. if you want to prove me wrong be my guest. just be prepared for disappointment.
    i mean not as many as 15 i don't think. on the google play it says both versions have a million downloads. no way of really knowing how many are actually active though i'd assume 15 has more. but it's not like you're playing the same 20 teams over and over again. the teams are just as challenging. it does take a bit longer to join a league though. about an hour most of the time for me, sometimes 2-3 at the very most. that would be my only complaint but i can live with it.

but seriously, without paying or cheating, making gold takes forever in TSB15. i guess it depends on how much you play and how dedicated you are though. i felt that played more than enough to be getting top 5 in weekly leaderboards but it never happened once in about 3 months of playing. i'm convinced that if you want all your upgrades maxed out and a full 5 star team you'll have to play for a year at least. that's just my opinion. if you want to prove me wrong be my guest. just be prepared for disappointment.

Thanks I was just curious. I've been considering downloading the 2014 version because of how much you talk about it being easier to get gold in that one. I am one who WILL NOT pay real money in this or really any other game...other than the 99¢ I paid to get rid of ads.
  • Tony167Tony167 Registered Users 392 Posts
    2014 is still pretty fun. I actually played tsb15 first and then downloaded the old one. It's nice to be able to get 3900 gold weekly from daily and weekly leaderboards too.
    Tony167 wrote: »
    2014 is still pretty fun. I actually played tsb15 first and then downloaded the old one. It's nice to be able to get 3900 gold weekly from daily and weekly leaderboards too.

I downloaded 2014 this morning and have been playing off and on through the day (same as I do with 15). It's pretty fun, too. Does the annoying arrow pointing for you to play a bonus game ever go away and leave you alone? I don't wanna play a bonus game right now LOL.
  • tman97266tman97266 Registered Users 7 Posts
    I agree that it is a good idea to not spend money. Personally, i have paid way more than i ever thought i would. I was able to get great players for sure, but what really is the point u less u have lots of disposable income. Its just a game, reaLly fun, addicting game, but still nust a game. Save ur money and buy something nice for ur lady!
  • Gold4CheapGold4Cheap Banned Users 16 Posts
    tman97266 wrote: »
    I agree that it is a good idea to not spend money. Personally, i have paid way more than i ever thought i would. I was able to get great players for sure, but what really is the point u less u have lots of disposable income. Its just a game, reaLly fun, addicting game, but still nust a game. Save ur money and buy something nice for ur lady!

However if you decide you want to spend a little send me a message. 280,000 in a gold only $40.usd. can help you really move up and build your team.