The Glitch

TheGlitchTheGlitch Registered Users 9 Posts
I’m going to tell everyone “The Glitch” once and for all *GASP!* But first, I’m gonna say a few things and I hope that you don’t skip over it.

Why am I doing this? The sole reason I’m doing this is because I want Glu to take notice of this glitch (though I'm almost positive they know about it fully) and then patch it up (as well as all glitches and hopefully start to crack down on hackers too). It’s not fair to do any glitch so excessively when there are other people playing fairly and/or paying real money who do not stand a chance at getting anywhere in this game. Tell me I’m trying to push my morals on you but you know I’m right. You’re just being a d*ck. Why Glu has blatantly ignored this issue is beyond me.

I did this glitch myself, but never all the way through (I never got any prime players. I stopped after getting a couple thousand gold because quite frankly, I felt like a complete ******* for doing it). I have since deleted this app because it’s just not worth the time to cheat and pretend I’m having fun destroying everyone.

It is not my intention that anyone actually use The Glitch, though I know some of you will. I hope that those who have used it just stop playing or start a new team (without cheating). To reiterate, the sole reason for this thread is to see Glu take action. If more people starting to abuse the game makes that happen, so be it… Let’s get to it already.

What is The Glitch?

The Glitch everyone has been talking about is 3 separate glitches. The first glitch lets you get insanely high win streaks and points in prime events; the second lets you collect prime event progress rewards as many times as you want; and the third which lets you collect fan rewards as many times as you want. The only prerequisite to do all of this? Be able to win ONE prime event game.

How to do The Glitch

WARNING: again, not only does using this glitch make you a complete douchebag, it will also ruin all the fun of the game. This isn’t me just trying to convince you not to do it, just a fact. Ask anyone who’s done it, at least 9/10 will tell you the game sucks and they probably rarely play anymore. After you use it and realize that the game sucks when you have all prime players and a billion useless gold lying around don’t come back here and blame me for it. If you don’t want to know how to do The Glitch, this is your last chance to stop reading.

Firstly, there are some slight differences between Android and iPhone. I only have iPhone but I’ve heard from a reliable source that it does work for Android too. There are only slight differences between the two but I pointed the differences.

Part 1-Getting 200K in Prime Events

1) Win a prime event game
2) When the screen that says “You Won” comes up tap “OK”
3) (iPhone) When you see the blue circle, immediately double tap the home button and swipe up to close the game. A win should be added to your win streak, however once you open the app again you should be able to hit “play” and it will take you to the same “You Win” screen. If you do it too early (ie before the blue circle) then a win will not be added to the win streak but the same game will be open so you can try again. Do it too late and you’re SOL. It’s better to be too early than too late. Just keep practicing and you’ll get your timing down. (Android) it’s basically the same thing as with iPhone but the buttons may be different. Some devices (I think) are the same as iPhone, just double tap home screen which takes you to the “Recent Apps” menu, and then swipe to the side to close the game. Others you must press the button in the bottom left corner (the “menu” or “recent” button) to access that menu. Others you might have to hold down the home button. Open again, repeat. There may be some phones that are different. I really don’t know. All you have to do is access the “recent apps” screen.
4) Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you are satisfied. If you want unlimited gold you will need to get 200k points and move on to part 2.

*the reason this works is because the game adds a win to your win streak BEFORE it gives you a win.

Part 2-Collecting the Gold

1) So you’ve got 200k points and it’s time to collect your reward. All you have to do is press the “Collect” button and immediately after, double tap home screen (or whatever button it is for your Android) and swipe. Basically the same as part 1.
*You may want to disable wifi for this. This is a bit more difficult to do than getting the win streak as you need to be much fast. The slower your internet/mobile service is, the better. You can also practice doing this for the lower tier reward levels. It works at any tier.
2) Log back in. The “Collect” button should still be there but 800 gold (and all other uncollected rewards) should be added as well.
3) Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you are satisfied. If you wish to have all prime players you will need 20k gold and move on to part 3.

Part 3-Get EVERY Prime Player

1) Spend your 20k gold. I recommend getting the upgrades since you will not need any players since you’re getting all the primes. Maybe get yourself some nifty new uniforms.
2) Do the exact same thing as part 2, but with the fan rewards instead of progress rewards.
3) Repeat until you are satisfied.

There you have it folks. That is The Glitch in its entirety.

To Glu (if you’re even reading this), deleting this thread will help no one. There are already a massive amount of people on this site alone that are spreading this glitch through PM and email. Deleting this thread will not change that. YOU (Glu) are the only entity that can fix this problem. Stop treating your customers like your own personal ATMs and start showing them that you care.

Comments

• TheGlitchTheGlitch Registered Users 9 Posts
    *BONUS* Part 4-Play With Your Hacked Team

1) Feel a little guilty.
    2) Enjoy beating everyone for a day or two. Guilt subsides.
    3) Start to get bored of beating everyone.
    4) Realize you made a big mistake.
    5) Start challenging other cheaters so there’s more of a competition.
    6) Try to deny you made a big mistake.
    7) Have fun for another day.
    8) Feel stupid for a day.
    9) Thank God that no one you know in real life knows that you’ve done something so dumb.
    10a) Delete the app and move on with your life.
    OR
    10b) Continue playing despite it not being fun because you’ve spent so much time on the game and you’ve developed some sort of sick emotional attachment to it and don’t care that you’re screwing over honest players.
  • J.LeeJ.Lee Registered Users 146 Posts
    It's not that serious bro. No guilt, no cares. Just a game. Of course Glu knows about this. They obviously wrote this game off with the chance to rebuild next year without the glitches (they didn't even do the roster updates after all star break).
    In addition, this should make no one feel stupid or guilty. This is a win for us and a loss for Glu. It's nice to stick it to the greedy companies that make these freemium games even just once.
    J.Lee wrote: »
    In addition, this should make no one feel stupid or guilty. This is a win for us and a loss for Glu. It's nice to stick it to the greedy companies that make these freemium games even just once.

and a loss for the people who actually spend money. i guarantee there's no more than 1% of TSB players that even know of this forum's existence. that means that hardly anyone even knows the glitch except the handful of people who figure it out on their own. only 1% is winning right now. 99% get screwed over.

how is Glu losing exactly? you said they already wrote this game off which means they don't give a sh*t if they're losing any money (which they aren't since this game is apparently 37th top grossing). the only losers here are the people paying money. call them naive or ignorant, but when you pay for a game or in-app purchases, it is more than reasonable to assume that the game is not filled with hackers, huge glitches, crashes that make the game unplayable etc., as well as a developer that does absolutely nothing to fix any of it.

no one's forcing you to play or pay for freemium games btw. you know how you actually could stick it to the "greedy companies" who make freemiums? just don't download their games. it's that simple. seriously, if you hate them that much, why are you playing?
    TheGlitch wrote: »
    and a loss for the people who actually spend money. i guarantee there's no more than 1% of TSB players that even know of this forum's existence. that means that hardly anyone even knows the glitch except the handful of people who figure it out on their own. only 1% is winning right now. 99% get screwed over.

how is Glu losing exactly? you said they already wrote this game off which means they don't give a sh*t if they're losing any money (which they aren't since this game is apparently 37th top grossing). the only losers here are the people paying money. call them naive or ignorant, but when you pay for a game or in-app purchases, it is more than reasonable to assume that the game is not filled with hackers, huge glitches, crashes that make the game unplayable etc., as well as a developer that does absolutely nothing to fix any of it.

no one's forcing you to play or pay for freemium games btw. you know how you actually could stick it to the "greedy companies" who make freemiums? just don't download their games. it's that simple. seriously, if you hate them that much, why are you playing?

Why do you care to even write this?
  • MunicipalMunicipal Registered Users 20 Posts
    I think they fixed the fan reward glitch. I could do the multi win glitch. But I couldn't get the fan reward our the prime event 800 gold to repeat
  • Wolf McCallisterWolf McCallister Registered Users 132 Posts
    Municipal wrote: »
    I think they fixed the fan reward glitch. I could do the multi win glitch. But I couldn't get the fan reward our the prime event 800 gold to repeat

Although I only have limited knowledge of how technology and apps work, I doubt Glu has fixed anything. Would it require them to release an update? If so, then I think the glitch is here to stay.
  • avjp87avjp87 Registered Users 84 Posts
    Yep, the glitch the keep collecting the rewards seems to be patched
  • FirehombreFirehombre Registered Users 120 Posts
    I have a pretty good team by the same name, and I have 3 prime pitchers and 6 prime position players. Furthermore, I have no active player that isn't 5 stars. That being said, I'd hate to go back and count how much money I've spent on this game. It is easily more than a thousand bucks. And I'm at the point where all that is left is to keep spending to gets more prime players. At some point, I will simply stop.
  • dtrain987dtrain987 Registered Users 198 Posts
    How the hell do you justify spending a thousand dollars on a mobile game? That's ludicrous. Especially when the game is so easy to take advantage of and get a full prime team for free.
    J.Lee wrote: »
    Why do you care to even write this?

i was pointing out that your logic was flawed.
  • MikeTheTerribleMikeTheTerrible Registered Users 36 Posts
    Way to **** it up for people who just found out about it. Now we have to play against you and all the other douche bags who were on it early. I'm guessing you were the class monitor when the teacher left the room too. **** off.
  • MikeTheTerribleMikeTheTerrible Registered Users 36 Posts
    You are a ****ing idiot. You need to go to work for Wal Mart or some other huge company where you can suck somebody's **** because that is what you are good at. Did you know that Glu's CEO makes more annually than Mark Zuckerberg? Their ****ing customer service is awful. You blew the whistle and ****ed it up for everybody. You are the Steve Bartman of tap sports basebAll. You are a ****ing idiot! Go ****ing **** on yourself.
    boo hoo. Glu won't respond to my angry emails so i'm taking it out on someone else. WAHHHHH :'(

you're confused. Wal-Mart employees don't suck dicks (well, they don't get paid to do it there at least). you're thinking of a prostitute. i did not know he made more than Zuckerberg. thanks for the fun fact. i know their customer service is awful. i didn't blow the whistle, they already knew about the glitch. how hard is it to understand that? you know it wasn't Steve Bartman's fault the Cubs lost right? not gonna waste my time explaining that. you can look it up and educate yourself for once. he was a tiny insignificant blip on the timeline of baseball history. the only people who bring them up are whiny crybaby Cub fans and people who can't think of a better baseball related metaphor.

once again, GLU screwed you over. not me. i'm done with you.
  • unrealgmunrealgm Registered Users 71 Posts
    well, my PM box is full so I'm not going to bother replying to any more. This post here just about sums it up. Hoping you're not one of the guys I sent a PM to explaining the process. Either way, there you go.
    TheGlitch wrote: »
    i was pointing out that your logic was flawed.

Ok I'll answer your question. I enjoy playing these games, that's why I download them. I've played TSB since 2014 came out and I've loved it ever since. Then they started with the prime players which aren't very obtainable unless you want to spend a bunch of money. So, here I am playing a bunch of people who use the glitch and beat me senseless (until I get to their relievers). Now, with the glitch all figured out, There is finally a level playing field. I wasn't happy that Glu decided to add the prime players, and I'm glad I have a way around spending money on their game.
    Because I'm competitive and I like the game. I don't spend time trying to find ways around spending money.
  • nyynymnyynym Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
    Does the new football game contain any of these glitches as well?
  • M2•M2• Registered Users 4 Posts
    I'm able to get a streak of 4 wins using the technique described but after that it says I'm out of energy and need to pay 100 gold to refill. Is that how it has always been or is it now patched?
    All this glitch changes is the narrowing of SP you will face. If you ask me that makes it easier
  • tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    Well if they didn't charge you hundreds of dollars to play the game with any level of competitiveness people wouldn't look for work arounds if people could spend $50-$150 more people would buy gold. at the cost per gold it's not worth it. You can play a Play station etc for less money and its more interactive. You can catch more bees with honey.
  • djcline11djcline11 Registered Users 3 Posts
    is the gold glitch working for anyone still?
  • danniboi168danniboi168 Registered Users 6 Posts
    djcline11 wrote: »
    is the gold glitch working for anyone still?

Yup. Unlimited gold
    I haven't been able to make it work for me. I've tried several times with no luck.
  • MatrXMatrX Registered Users 2 Posts
    Yep, it's a pain. I was able to get to a 8-9 win streak but that's it. Every 2-3 times it's too early or too late so you have to do it again or it uses an energy. I agree it's working but very time consuming.