Prime pitcher question

FirehombreFirehombre Registered Users 120 Posts
I have a prime pitcher that I plan to put on inactive status, and I have a question. If I do so and then lose my inactive players (a game error has taken my players from me before), will this Prime Pitcher be taken also? I paid good money for him and would hate to just lose him. Thanks for any info.

Comments

• JonnydamanJonnydaman Registered Users 53 Posts
    I've never seen that glitch but I would have to assume that you would lose him if you lose your inactives. Maybe you can take screenshots of this player playing for your team or something to prove you had him if you're worried about that glitch again.
  • Wolf McCallisterWolf McCallister Registered Users 132 Posts
    Firehombre wrote: »
    I have a prime pitcher that I plan to put on inactive status, and I have a question. If I do so and then lose my inactive players (a game error has taken my players from me before), will this Prime Pitcher be taken also? I paid good money for him and would hate to just lose him. Thanks for any info.

Out of curiosity, if you want him so much why put him on inactive status?
  • Tony167Tony167 Registered Users 392 Posts
    Which prime pitcher is it? Most of them are better than any 5* guy you can get
  • jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts

For the current game design, 5 star players will be dropped first and then prime player.
    However, the number of prime players is less than the total number of players which means the game will never drop a prime player.

The only concern is that if you trade your inactive players for some draft pick in the store. You will lose your prime pitcher.
  • FirehombreFirehombre Registered Users 120 Posts
    Out of curiosity, if you want him so much why put him on inactive status?

Because he is not as good as two of the 5 star pitchers I have. If I lose him that's fine, but I spent good money on him in the hope that a prime player would turn out better.
    It's Ubaldo Jimenez. I have Kershaw and King Felix and they are better.
  • Tony167Tony167 Registered Users 392 Posts
    It's Ubaldo Jimenez. I have Kershaw and King Felix and they are better.

He is def in the bottom 2 of prime pitchers. I hear ya there
  • OphieOphie Registered Users 3 Posts
    jemic wrote: »
    For the current game design, 5 star players will be dropped first and then prime player.
    However, the number of prime players is less than the total number of players which means the game will never drop a prime player.

The only concern is that if you trade your inactive players for some draft pick in the store. You will lose your prime pitcher.

This is not true. There is more than 5 prime pitchers and more prime hitters than the starting lineup and bench
  • KennyDKennyD Registered Users 2 Posts
    Ophie wrote: »
    This is not true. There is more than 5 prime pitchers and more prime hitters than the starting lineup and bench

I don't think you understand what Jemic has said.
    You can have 30 inactive players so the number is larger than the number of total prime players.
    Let's say you put one prime player on inactive. What will happen after 100 times #1 draft pick?
    The answer is that the prime player will still be there.
    Tony167 wrote: »
    He is def in the bottom 2 of prime pitchers. I hear ya there

If he keeps going at his current rate, I may not wanna get rid of him. He is currently 53-7 and has a WHIP of 2.23 and an opponents batting average of .204. He also has an ERA of 4.03 and is the lowest on a staff with Lincecum, Sabathia, Kershaw, and Fernandez. Not bad.
  • ShaftsShafts Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    Seriously? GOAT (or an equivalent human goat) kills my Felix. And most of the time, I can blast Kershaw. At least with Ubaldo, I get a few good games out of him.