Funny Things in Game

PJDodgerPJDodger Registered Users 38 Posts
Some of the stuff in the game just crack me up!
1. Batter gets a hit, and claps for himself once he's on base
2. Batter gets hit (in the head) by a pitch, jogs to 1st base....then claps for himself like he go hit on purpose!!:p
3. When a batter is walked (or get hit by a pitch) he looks like he has a load in his pants while jogging to 1st base :p:D

And then there are the annoying things like...
1. A ball hit into foul territory near the batter's box and rolls toward 3rd base somehow is considered a fair ball so the batter is automatically thrown out at 1st.
2. Runner keeps trying to steal 2nd even though he can clearly see the pitcher throwing over to 1st...automatic out.
3. Then I get annoyed with myself when I keep swinging at bad pitches. I sit there telling myself, "Don't swing. Don't swing. Don't swing!" And what do I do?? I swing of course!! :rolleyes:

Anyone else see funny or annoying stuff in the game??

Comments

• WhorndawgsWhorndawgs Registered Users 29 Posts
    There is an infield shift and you hit a slow roller that goes down the line. The outfielder picks up the ball near the warning track and then throws out a "9" speed runner trying to score from 2nd base.

I hit a home run in the bottom of the 12th in a game yesterday. The score showed me ahead in the game, but the next batter came up. After three outs, it showed that I won.

Popups to the catcher. Somehow the catcher is standing and in fair territory before you complete your swing.
  • Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    Sometimes the catcher is wearing catcher gear, but most often he is not. What's with that?
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
  • BommbsOverBaghdadBommbsOverBaghdad Registered Users 163 Posts
    PJDodger wrote: »
    1. A ball hit into foul territory near the batter's box and rolls toward 3rd base somehow is considered a fair ball so the batter is automatically thrown out at 1st.

technically this is a fair ball. even if it starts in foul territory then rolls in fair territory and passes 1st or 3rd base it's fair. the annoying part is the fact that it's just physically impossible for a ball to be hit in the way the game shows. like to hit a ball that goes over the plate land 3 feet to the right or left of the catcher and then role straight to the 1st or 3rd baseman. ugh. annoying.

another annoying thing is getting called out stealing 2nd even though your guy got to the base before the tag.

one funny thing i saw once was the pitcher attempting to pick off 4 times in a row and then throwing a pitchout. if that wasn't weird enough, the runner on first had 2 speed lol.
  • PJDodgerPJDodger Registered Users 38 Posts
    Tanner96 wrote: »
    Sometimes the catcher is wearing catcher gear, but most often he is not. What's with that?

Haha I hadn't noticed that. I will have to look for that next time!
  • SportacusSportacus Registered Users 3 Posts
    One of my favorites is when the catcher goes to tag the runner even though he already scored and stood up.

Another weird thing is I have more triples with my 2 and 1 speed rated players compared to my 9 rated players. Seems unreal that Big Papi leads my team in triples.
  • tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    There will never be a wild pitch, passed ball or balk with a runner on 3rd.
  • FirehombreFirehombre Registered Users 120 Posts
    technically this is a fair ball. even if it starts in foul territory then rolls in fair territory and passes 1st or 3rd base it's fair. the annoying part is the fact that it's just physically impossible for a ball to be hit in the way the game shows. like to hit a ball that goes over the plate land 3 feet to the right or left of the catcher and then role straight to the 1st or 3rd baseman. ugh. annoying.

another annoying thing is getting called out stealing 2nd even though your guy got to the base before the tag.

one funny thing i saw once was the pitcher attempting to pick off 4 times in a row and then throwing a pitchout. if that wasn't weird enough, the runner on first had 2 speed lol.

Actually that is not the case. When a batter hits the ball, it has to hit in fair territory initially. Then it can enter foul territory and travel down the line and once it gets to the base if it is fair, then it will be in play. Another example would be if the batter swings and hits the ball out in front of the plate. If it initially hits inside the batters box and goes in front of the plate, that is considered a foul ball. The ball initially has to hit somewhere in fair territory.
  • PJDodgerPJDodger Registered Users 38 Posts
    Firehombre wrote: »
    Actually that is not the case. When a batter hits the ball, it has to hit in fair territory initially. Then it can enter foul territory and travel down the line and once it gets to the base if it is fair, then it will be in play. Another example would be if the batter swings and hits the ball out in front of the plate. If it initially hits inside the batters box and goes in front of the plate, that is considered a foul ball. The ball initially has to hit somewhere in fair territory.

Thanks. I kept going over the scenario in my mind and sure thought I was correct.

On another funny note...
    Today I hit a grounder back to the pitcher. He picks it up and throws to 1st, but the 1st baseman is facing the opposite way so the ball hits him in the back and bounces off. LOL I was cracking up!!
  • BommbsOverBaghdadBommbsOverBaghdad Registered Users 163 Posts
    Firehombre wrote: »

wow. i have no idea what i was thinking when i wrote that. must've been tired or something. i was completely wrong on that.

the part i bolded in the quote is actually incorrect. i can recall an MLB game in which this has happened and it being called fair and it's the correct call. the batter's box isn't automatically considered foul ball. it's a common mistake because the foul lines aren't drawn inside the batter's box. the same rules apply inside the box. if it hits in fair territory in the box (and rolls fair) it's fair. hits foul then it's foul. also if the ball hits off the batter while he's still in the box then it's automatically foul.
  • ThorozarThorozar Registered Users 2 Posts
    It is impossible to get a hit on a ground ball down either line no matter how hard you have it it unless the defense has shifted left or right.