What skill would you upgrade with this team?

Soxfanintx69Soxfanintx69 Registered Users 24 Posts
Hey all,

As usual, need some opinions on how to spend gold. I'm not too worried about Draft Picks right now, so thought I would purchase and upgrade from 6 to 7. Just not sure where I should spend the 800 gold.

Here is my roster:

Gattis: 5 9 1
Morneau: 9 5 2
Cano: 9 4 5
Rendon: 7 6 6
A. Ramirez: 7 5 9
H. Ramirez: 8 3 7
Kemp: 7 7 5
Werth: 8 6 4
Encarnacion: 6 9 3

Subs-
Reyes: 7 3 9
Adams: 7 6 3
Freeman: 8 5 2

PITCHING:
Sale: 9 8 9
Wood: 7 6 8
Hamels: 7 6 8
Cobb: 6 6 8
Teheran: 5 8 8

Relievers-
Carlyle: 5 9 8
Boxberger: 9 3 9
Cishek: 9 5 8
Benoit: 8 5 9
Holland: 9 5 9

I would say I'm weakest at starting pitching. Not sure if you guys agree. My first thought was to upgrade pitching, but then I was thinking that scoring a lot of runs and getting hits is what wins the big prizes every day/week. I know pitching helps with wins though.

So given my team, which one of these skills would you upgrade to level 7?

Hitting Coach: 7.2% to 8.4%
Trainer: 21.0% to 24.5%

Pitching Coach: 7.2% to 8.4%
Pitch Calling: 17.4% to 20.3%

Thanks for your help. Look forward to the responses.

Comments

• BommbsOverBaghdadBommbsOverBaghdad Registered Users 163 Posts
    i always do trainer, pitch calling, hitting coach, pitching coach. i think trainer would be good for you first. you have 7/9 of your starting lineup with 7 or higher hit rating (plus all 3 subs) which is pretty good. extra power is always nice, especially for those 4 & 5 power guys. you're pitching looks pretty good as is, especially your relievers, so the pitching upgrades can wait imo.
  • J.LeeJ.Lee Registered Users 146 Posts
    Upgrade pitching
  • Soxfanintx69Soxfanintx69 Registered Users 24 Posts
    Why pitching Lee? Because u feel that is my weakest area? Or is it something more strategic?
  • robotarozumrobotarozum Registered Users 6 Posts
    Pitching might be better for winning, but hitting is better for the part of the game you actually see, so I always favor hitting.
  • ReplicantsReplicants Registered Users 105 Posts
    You have control over your hitting, but a upgraded Sale Kershaw or Fernandez do pitch better with higher upgrades. But
    Trainer did bring me more power at the plate. Good looking team BTW.