Pitcher update?

JonnydamanJonnydaman Registered Users 53 Posts
Did anyone notice any pitchers updated? I would think/hope another update for the pitchers is coming soon.

Comments

• J.LeeJ.Lee Registered Users 146 Posts
    They were just tweaked slightly. I didn't notice any change to stats only star ratings
  • Tony167Tony167 Registered Users 392 Posts
    Yeah that's all I've seen. Harvey was added. Don't know his ratings tho
  • MikeTheTerribleMikeTheTerrible Registered Users 36 Posts
    It's like they got to the pitchers and were like **** this this is taking too long. The first players on my roster that I checked were manny machado and Dallas keuchel. I was pleasantly surprised that They had actually gotten the third baseman right, but had completely ignored the fact that the pitcher is having an awesome season.
    I know right. I was fully expecting THE biggest change in Dallas Keuchels rating. That was bS
  • TWWTWW Registered Users 74 Posts
    I was expecting changes for Wacha, Rosenthal, Keuchel, and Gerrit Cole. Nothing for no one, instead I got half a star taken off from Scherzer, which probably isn't right.

But seriously....Wacha and Cole are tied for the NL lead in Wins, along with Bumgartner and Arrieta (gonna assume Arrieta didn't get an upgrade, either. Wish I had him either way).

At least my offense got a major boost. Votto, Cruz, Machado, Harper, Donaldson, Hosmer. Just need to find a new 2b and my offense is all 5 star. Don't care enough to get prime players.
    Eh but wins don't mean a thing for a pitcher. All it indicates is more or less run support. era, whip, etc.
    Wacha and Cole are top 15 in the league for ERA. Not even a tweak for them. Rosenthal tied for the lead in saves, not a tweak. Scherzer gets a tweak for the wrong reasons, he's having a fine year. Top 15 in ERA, 3rd in WHIP. Yet a guy like Mike Fiers remains a 5 star quality player. I'd hate to draft him in the 5 star only draft then get d!cked when pitchers get the fixes they deserve and he gets nerfed. Already happened to me with Aramis Ramirez, but luckily I had Donaldson and Machado sitting in my inactive list.
  • smithcas87smithcas87 Registered Users, Member 66 Posts
    Sonny gray also remains a 3.5 star, Max is having a cy young candidate season and gets bumped down to a 4.5 star. relief pitchers have all stayed the same as well (or very minor tweaking). I noticed Kluber is now available, don't think he was before.

ratings update is cool, but hopefully a revamped pitcher update comes out soon.
    Part of me believes they didn't do anything crazy with pitchers so that you still have a reason to spend $ on gold to get prime pitchers
  • dross1991dross1991 Registered Users 46 Posts
    Francisco Liriano went from 4* to 3.5*
    Haven't noticed any other changes though
    J.Lee wrote: »
    Part of me believes they didn't do anything crazy with pitchers so that you still have a reason to spend $ on gold to get prime pitchers
    But why do a position player update at all, then? You still have to buy the prime position players before you get to the pitchers. They must've just said "ok, who are the players that need glaringly obvious upgrades? Fix them, toss in some rookies and call it good."
  • Wolf McCallisterWolf McCallister Registered Users 132 Posts
    I also disagree with Matt Harvey's new ratings (6-7-8)...

How can he be a 6 in arm when he is #2 out of all starting pitchers with average fastball velocity (96.0 mph).
    Yu Darvish's fastball averaged 92.5 mph in 2014, the year that these ratings are based on, and he has a 9 arm.

... Just a sad* Met fan's point of view
    *saddened to see he would only claim the 5th starter spot on my rotation if I get him. I've been WAITING for Harvey to come out...
  • RemmyJayRemmyJay Registered Users 36 Posts
    I also disagree with Matt Harvey's new ratings (6-7-8)...

How can he be a 6 in arm when he is #2 out of all starting pitchers with average fastball velocity (96.0 mph).
    Yu Darvish's fastball averaged 92.5 mph in 2014, the year that these ratings are based on, and he has a 9 arm.

... Just a sad* Met fan's point of view
    *saddened to see he would only claim the 5th starter spot on my rotation if I get him. I've been WAITING for Harvey to come out...

My Best guess for how they determine the ratings are ARM is based on K/9 CONTROL is based on BB/9 and Stuff is based on ERA. Brett Cecil for one doesn't throw hard but has a 9 arm, because he struck out 12.8 per 9 innings last year.
  • Wolf McCallisterWolf McCallister Registered Users 132 Posts
    RemmyJay wrote: »
    My Best guess for how they determine the ratings are ARM is based on K/9 CONTROL is based on BB/9 and Stuff is based on ERA. Brett Cecil for one doesn't throw hard but has a 9 arm, because he struck out 12.8 per 9 innings last year.

Ah, in that case Harvey had 10.6... Not sure how that stacks up