New Tournament Proposal

QLDoriginQLDorigin Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 60 Posts
This is an idea I've been kicking around with other players. The idea is to gave a tournament that would be more inclusive of all teams. You would not have to have a maxed out 5* team to be competitive. Basically,it would work like this:
22 players on a active roster. If all 5*, then 5 x 22 = 110* on a team. You limit your "average" player to 3.5* or 4*.
22 x 4* = 88* for a team
22 x 3.5* = 77* for a team
If you want 5* players on a team you would need to offset them with 2*-3* players. You could chose wether you want to be strong on pitching or hitting, or try to balance them.
This would test your managing and scouting ability.
Anyone could participate that has enough inactive players to edit a team.
Open to any ideas how to refine this!

Comments

• dtrain987dtrain987 Registered Users 198 Posts
    I like it a lot. Adds a lot of strategy to it. The only difficult thing would be how to enforce people using the correct number of stars. Unfortunately the game doesn't have a built in way to check how many stars each opponent's player has. Maybe have everyone post their final lineup/rotation?
  • Mixx MastersMixx Masters Registered Users, Member 189 Posts
    yeah that will work. what will be the stars limit?
  • BommbsOverBaghdadBommbsOverBaghdad Registered Users 163 Posts
    i think it would be much easier to just outright ban 4.5-5* players, 3.5-5* players, or something like that. no math involved. just post your official lineup before it starts and then go.

this would make more sense if the goal is to make it so more people could participate. like for me i only have a handful of 3.5* and 4* players. if guys have a handful of 5* players, with the proposed format, a guy like me still wouldn't stand much of a chance so you might as well go back to a non restricted tourney.
  • tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    I like this basis of this idea. I would say

Hitters
    3 of them 5 Stars
    3 of them 4.5 Stars
    3 of them 4 Stars or lower

Bench ALL 4.5* or lower

Pitchers
    SP 5* Ace (i.e. Ice pack) the rest 4.5* or lower
    RP 5* Closer (must be set up as CL) the rest 4.5* or lower

If this is still accurate everyone can double check a line up here. http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?123284-Players-Stats-List-(Version-1-4-1)