Line up and leveling up

mlou4945mlou4945 Registered Users 11 Posts
I know this has been a topic discussed previously and I’ve seen different opinions about it, so I thought I’d ask anyway. I’ve been stalling at the MVP level and I’m trying to figure out when to level up. Some have said wait until you have a team that can get to GOAT. I have mostly 5* and 4.5* players but no prime players, which it sounds like you need to be competitive at the higher levels.

My current line up –

C – Navarro – 7/6/2
1 - Votto – 9/8/4
2 – Gordon – 9/1/9
3 – Donaldson – 7/9/3
SS – Peralta – 9/6/2
OF – Springer – 6/9/7
OF – Cain – 9/5/9
OF – Trout – 9/9/7
DH – Hosmer – 9/5/3

Subs –
1 - Cabrera – 9/7/2
1 - Pearce – 7/8/4
1 – Lind – 8/6/1
1 – Freeman – 8/5/2
1 – Encarnacion – 6/9/3
2 – Dozier 5/9/7
OF – Davis – 5/9/5
OF – Blackmon – 7/5/9

Starting pitchers -
Kershaw
Ross
Woods
Hendricks
Weaver

Relief -
Kimbrel
F. Rodriguez
Papelbon
Benoit
Machi

Any suggestions for subs I should make with current line up? Is this team ready to move up?

Comments

• BommbsOverBaghdadBommbsOverBaghdad Registered Users 163 Posts
    your hitting looks good enough to beat the legends team but your starting pitchers look a little weak. i hear Kershaw and most/all lefties (both starting and relief) are completely useless against the legends.

as far as being competitive against human players, whether or not you have the best lineup possible, you're at an extreme disadvantage if you don't have any primes. with all the cheating going on especially from the people on this site you're going to be losing by 10+ runs very often.
  • JonnydamanJonnydaman Registered Users 53 Posts
    I see no point in waiting at MVP with that team, I'm at HOF with a worse team and I'm having a pretty easy time(actually in the playoffs to go to legend right now). Plus, the only thing that will drastically improve your team at this point is prime players but if you don't have any already I don't see you getting enough gold for more than one maybe two without spending a lot of $.
  • mlou4945mlou4945 Registered Users 11 Posts
    Thanks Bommbs. That's what I was worried about. Will stick it out and keep building. Try to get some primes.
    Thanks Jonny.
  • BommbsOverBaghdadBommbsOverBaghdad Registered Users 163 Posts
    oh and another thing, if your pitching and hitting upgrades aren't 9 then you'll have a tough time as well. the other upgrades will help too but those are the 4 you will definitely need.
  • Wolf McCallisterWolf McCallister Registered Users 132 Posts
    How important is the lefty righty thing? I just got Madison Bumgarner who had great stats (7-9-8), but he's a lefty. My other 2 lowest pitchers are Wainright (5-8-8)R and Danny Duffy (4-3-9)R. Does Bumgarner not cut into the rotation because he's a lefty?
    That was my next question. Upgrades at 7 now. Sounds like I'll stay at MVP a while longer, upgrade, work on getting some primes and improve pitchers. Thanks for the feedback.
  • Jim berryJim berry Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    Hold on to Kyle Hendricks. He's a beast against the computer.
    Yeah, Kyle Hendricks has been good for me. Was my ace for a while.
  • hoguey803hoguey803 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Jonnydaman wrote: »
    I see no point in waiting at MVP with that team, I'm at HOF with a worse team and I'm having a pretty easy time(actually in the playoffs to go to legend right now). Plus, the only thing that will drastically improve your team at this point is prime players but if you don't have any already I don't see you getting enough gold for more than one maybe two without spending a lot of $.

O.p....

Your team is better than mine and I beat the "legends" team the other day....took me two tries but the second try I swept them. To me the key seems to be to actually play the games. Seems if you try to some them, you get burned badly.
    My team....
    Alexi Ramirez 4.5
    Josh Donaldson 5
    JD Martinez 5
    Victoria Martinez 5
    Adrian Gonzalez 5
    Yadia Molina 4
    Alex gordon 5
    Marlon Byrd 4.5
    Dan Murphy 4

Pitchers
    Felix hernandez 5
    Madison Bumgarner 5
    Michael(?) Frier 5
    Michael Wacha 4.5

Not a single prime player on my team. Personally, I think prime pitchers are easier to beat. Control is so good you know they are always around the plate. Hitters is another story.

I personally would rather the game not have prime players, I don't plan on trying to get them...if I can't beat the teams loaded with prime players, I'm fine with that. I know they cheated.

Hit me up for a game...we sound evenly matched. Team name Tribe_time