Trades

Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
I put together the 3 players needed to trade for a player. It gave me a countdown with the option to spend gold to speed up the trade. After 3 attempts and they all failed. With me wasting 450 gold. Does anyone know, do you have to wait the 14 hours for the trade or is it possible to get the trade to pass by buying early transaction? And lastly, if you wait the 14 hours, is it guaranteed that the trade happens. So far I'm in 2000 gold just to get the players to trade. Not sure I understand the rules. Any advice will be appreciated.

Comments

• K-DK-D Registered Users 378 Posts
    Amused I had to use about 800-1000 gold to get it to finally accept it. You can either wait the 13hrs and get him but the gold negotiations is only if you want to attempt to speed it up and make it instant but it's still a gamble
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    But if you wait the 13 hours, do you get him for sure? I spent 1000 just to get the players needed for the trade. It's for Harvey by the way.
    To answer my own question, after 13 hours, it said that the "negation" failed and restarted the 13 hour clock. Not sure what the point of trades are, if you get the players to trade and it will not allow the trade. Guess I'll find out 13 hours from now.
  • ScottyCameronScottyCameron Registered Users 188 Posts
    I'm sorry, that seems silly. I'd be a little upset at spending any gold and not having it automatically accept. A better use of the feature would be to allow you to choose players you already have to trade for a player, rather than the 3 they choose. Then I can understand the whole point of "negotiations". Otherwise your giving them what they are asking and to have it be turned down seems like a waste of time and effort. Plus no matter what you always end up with a plethora of players at one position that ride the bench.
    I agree. I waited another 13 hours to fail again. On anger I spent the gold and the trade went through. FINALLY! But in all, it costed 2000 gold to get the players and trade to work. If you get the players they request (which is hard enough) then the trade should happen. Not have to wait hours or spend gold.
  • JoshtasticJoshtastic Registered Users 42 Posts
    No luck for me. After spending so much gold on player packs and trying to get this trade to go through I got nothing. Even after waiting out the final 13 hours the trade was rejected. Should have just saved my gold for the events or #1 draft picks. Definitely don't care for this trade system. Feel like it is a waste of my time and resources.
    Joshtastic wrote: »
    No luck for me. After spending so much gold on player packs and trying to get this trade to go through I got nothing. Even after waiting out the final 13 hours the trade was rejected. Should have just saved my gold for the events or #1 draft picks. Definitely don't care for this trade system. Feel like it is a waste of my time and resources.

Well I didn't learn my lesson. I'm in "negations" with Arrieta. I have 11 days to make it work. So you gotta figure, eventually. But I agree. If you get the players for the trade, it should go through.
  • FirehombreFirehombre Registered Users 120 Posts
    I have spent more than 5000 in gold for Arrieta and still the negotiations fail
  • pj423pj423 Registered Users 95 Posts
    Firehombre wrote: »
    I have spent more than 5000 in gold for Arrieta and still the negotiations fail

lol, some people never learn
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Maybe if you add oil, gems and land to the deal, you can persuade them. :)
  • SpiderbabySpiderbaby Registered Users 73 Posts
    Why waste that much gold on ****py players? I guess if you have gambling addictions that makes sense. The thrill of the chase,,, suckers. Live and learn
  • FirehombreFirehombre Registered Users 120 Posts
    Spiderbaby wrote: »
    Why waste that much gold on ****py players? I guess if you have gambling addictions that makes sense. The thrill of the chase,,, suckers. Live and learn

Maybe you should build a decent team and then talk ****, son?
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Firehombre wrote: »
    Maybe you should build a decent team and then talk ****, son?

Shots fired!
  • Ryan421Ryan421 Registered Users 55 Posts
    Has anyone figured out the key to getting the trade to go through? Is there something that's seemed effective or is it all just random as to when it's accepted?
  • IamWeToddDidIamWeToddDid Registered Users, Member 333 Posts
    Ryan421 wrote: »
    Has anyone figured out the key to getting the trade to go through? Is there something that's seemed effective or is it all just random as to when it's accepted?

Pretty sure its random....Arrieta took me forever....Prime Prince Fielder is taking longer....I think the higher rated the player the less likely it will be accepted
  • CaliAngelsCaliAngels Registered Users 72 Posts
    It took me $3,500 gold and 13 trys to get prime Reyes and 11 trys and $2,900 gold to get prime Fielder. I tried waiting various times and letting the trade clock go all the way and came to the conclusion that it's probably random.
  • CaliAngelsCaliAngels Registered Users 72 Posts
    This week, the prime trade is for Lincecum and since I already have him, there is no prime trade at all. Anyone else feel like that's unfair?
  • smithcas87smithcas87 Registered Users, Member 66 Posts
    FYI if the trade doesn't accept before the negotiation clock ends the trade won't go through. Figured it would just accept after multiple failed attempts when the clock ran out, but nope, no trade. So these def aren't a sure bet even after multiple failed attempts. Blah