Options

Event glitch?

chad721chad721 Registered Users 13 Posts
How are people getting millions of points in these events? They have to be cheating right?

Comments

• Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    chad721 wrote: »
    How are people getting millions of points in these events? They have to be cheating right?

It's probably due to accolades. You get those, you can run streaks up to a few dozen at a time per really active member. Basically if you don't have accolades you're not competing for the top spots.
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    He's right, our club has 3 of the 4 accolades and we have very active members. We have put up over 15 million points. With the streak preventer accolade, I've been able to put up streaks of 41 and 46 games. Almost half our players have a million points each. We just grind, use gold to keep streak alive, and take advantage of the accolades.
  • Options
    Amused_79 wrote: »
    He's right, our club has 3 of the 4 accolades and we have very active members. We have put up over 15 million points. With the streak preventer accolade, I've been able to put up streaks of 41 and 46 games. Almost half our players have a million points each. We just grind, use gold to keep streak alive, and take advantage of the accolades.

How do you even get accolades? It seems like it's too late in the life of the game to earn them. My club is in the top 25, but the gap between that and the top five is insurmountable. No. 6 has 3x the points we do and that gap is widening. If accolades are only earned by finishing in the top five, you're competing against clubs that have accolades, which is basically the same as giving them an extra 240 guys.
  • Options
    ScottyCameronScottyCameron Registered Users 188 Posts
    Cooz19 wrote: »
    How do you even get accolades? It seems like it's too late in the life of the game to earn them. My club is in the top 25, but the gap between that and the top five is insurmountable. No. 6 has 3x the points we do and that gap is widening. If accolades are only earned by finishing in the top five, you're competing against clubs that have accolades, which is basically the same as giving them an extra 240 guys.

You get accolades by finishing in the top 3 in the daily events played mon-thur. Those accolades are then activated for the fri-sun event. On Monday they reset and you start over again. If you dont have any of the accolades especially the win streak protection from Thursday's event and point multiplier from Tuesday's event, then your club is just not really going to compete for the top spots!

Some may call it an unfair advantage, but think about the effort needed on a daily basis. These people are spending hours a day with events and spending lots and lots of gold! Basically the difference between a free player and ones that spend money
  • Options
    Agreed. We all spent time and gold to win those. It's a week long event. Not just the weekend.
  • Options
    Ah, ok, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. Didn't know you earned them during the week.
  • Options
    See I would think the accolades too but I noticed even during the daily events there were people putting up unreasonable amounts of points in a short amount of time. So either they were buying a ton of gold or they found some sort of exploit
  • Options
    See I would think the accolades too but I noticed even during the daily events there were people putting up unreasonable amounts of points in a short amount of time. So either they were buying a ton of gold or they found some sort of exploit

Like has been said, if you want to compete for the top spot, you have to have accolades, so it makes sense that someone pumped in a bunch of cash for gold, then went all-out for the daily win.
  • Options
    ScottyCameronScottyCameron Registered Users 188 Posts
    Agreed. We all spent time and gold to win those. It's a week long event. Not just the weekend.

If you guys got any dead weight you want to drop, Ill come in and post you guys a ton of points and earn my keep! Not that you guys don't already have the top spot on lockdown! Just putting it out there! :)
  • Options
    Well my lonely club of me, my friend, and my girl stand no chance against this nonsense hahaha oh well. I guess I shouldn't be surprised people would throw a bunch of cash up to get the accolades done.
  • Options
    JoshtasticJoshtastic Registered Users 42 Posts
    Those people who throw a bunch of cash up to get the accolades are the reason Glu continues to make Tap Sports Baseball for us to enjoy.
  • Options
    Joshtastic wrote: »
    Those people who throw a bunch of cash up to get the accolades are the reason Glu continues to make Tap Sports Baseball for us to enjoy.

You have a solid point lol. But on the flipside I personally do not "enjoy" having no chance at these events if I do not spend money. Oh well it is what it is I suppose.
  • Options
    Chad, there are different divisions in the game. Generally if your club is a lower producer, you should be in an easier division. Last week our club was in a division where we got #1 in the weekend event with 5 million. This week we are in a much tougher division.
  • Options
    Chad, there are different divisions in the game. Generally if your club is a lower producer, you should be in an easier division. Last week our club was in a division where we got #1 in the weekend event with 5 million. This week we are in a much tougher division.

This is probably true. Yet my club is literally just 3 people and when we all tried really hard we got like almost 100k. But still we would absolutely stand no chance with what we are up against right now. It is what it is I'll just enjoy what I can out of the game. I was just wondering if there was a glitch out there or if people were just going really hard with a lot of gold.
  • Options
    This is probably true. Yet my club is literally just 3 people and when we all tried really hard we got like almost 100k. But still we would absolutely stand no chance with what we are up against right now. It is what it is I'll just enjoy what I can out of the game. I was just wondering if there was a glitch out there or if people were just going really hard with a lot of gold.

It would be tough to win a main event, even a daily event with just three members. Keep your club option to public and maybe you will find other players that will join your club and contribute. Our club has 20 (generally)fully hard working people. It took a while to find players and at times, we had to drop players. I was aware of the 2015 glitches, but none of them work on the current version. Good luck to ya, I would hate for you to be discouraged on playing because of the difficulty of winning club events.
  • Options
    It would be tough to win a main event, even a daily event with just three members. Keep your club option to public and maybe you will find other players that will join your club and contribute. Our club has 20 (generally)fully hard working people. It took a while to find players and at times, we had to drop players. I was aware of the 2015 glitches, but none of them work on the current version. Good luck to ya, I would hate for you to be discouraged on playing because of the difficulty of winning club events.

Yeah, it's a matter of perspective. If you're not spending a bunch, you probably can't win it, but I know my club is fighting for a top 10 spot, which is still a really nice prize. We won't get Ryan Braun, but it's still fun to compete for what we can realistically win.

Now...just need to figure out why my 4-star free agents are hitting a combined .220 over their first 20 games...that's not annoying at all.
  • Options
    Guessing it's ur hitting upgrades. Those matter a lot.
  • Options
    I'm at level 7. Power is at 10. Every free agent I've brought in, including franchise players, has sucked.

Matt Kemp 4-for-28, .143
    Carlos Correa (Franchise), 3-for-26, .115, 1 2B, 0 HR
    Tim Beckham, 10-for-68, .191
    Avisail Garcia, 17-for-84, .202, .641 OPS

If I'm gonna hit that big of a wall for trying to upgrade, why bother doing it? Spending is making my team worse, and I can't drop 45k into one upgrade and expect it to produce reasonable results.
  • Options
    Hitting is more valuable them power. I'd get ur hitting up to 12 and leave power at 10.
  • Options
    Hitting is more valuable them power. I'd get ur hitting up to 12 and leave power at 10.

Thanks...not seeing the 200k I'll need to reach that point coming any time soon.

P.S. Since complaining, they're all tearing the cover off the ball. Go figure.
  • Options
    I mean the club is public its just no one joins lol and we have a life so we arent going to try-hard this if we can't even win without spending money. Im glad to hear its that and not people exploiting the game though so thats a plus. If anybody ever needs a club just to mess around or whatever 'The Other Club' is always open I guess. Thanks everyone.
  • Options
    Sorry but Im gonna bump this thread up because there is no way someone can have 9 mil in under 8 minutes of this weekend event starting. There is definitely a glitch in this game.