Forced promotion

Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
Anyone else getting force promoted all of the sudden? I started the game and was promoted to expert from superstar. I just moved up to superstar yesterday? I can see if someone is hanging around a very low tier and not moving up, but if you are progressing normally, then you should be left alone. And as I figured, I am struggling on this tier. Guess Glu wants me to spend money on gold to stay competitive. Nice.

Comments

• pj423pj423 Registered Users 95 Posts
    it only happens when you are at the playoff
  • redtrunkredtrunk Administrator, Moderators 150 Posts
    You will be auto-promoted if you are have a certain number of wins, AND your team is at or above a specific star level. These requirements increase as you move through the levels. Hope this helps!
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    So if you are a big contributor on your club, you will be forced promoted to a point that you cannot contribute? Those event weekends, you rack up a ton of games and wins.
  • smithcas87smithcas87 Registered Users, Member 66 Posts
    Amused_79 wrote: »
    So if you are a big contributor on your club, you will be forced promoted to a point that you cannot contribute? Those event weekends, you rack up a ton of games and wins.

agree 100%
  • smithcas87smithcas87 Registered Users, Member 66 Posts
    redtrunk wrote: »
    You will be auto-promoted if you are have a certain number of wins, AND your team is at or above a specific star level. These requirements increase as you move through the levels. Hope this helps!

on forced promotions, are you give the awards of leveling up?
  • redtrunkredtrunk Administrator, Moderators 150 Posts
    One of the biggest reasons auto-promotion exists is to prevent users from intentionally keeping themselves at a lower progression level in order to keep playing against weaker competition. In the small update we pushed this week, we adjusted some of the auto-promotion criteria to balance these cases where users had many more wins than the other users in their division. With the changes happening I know there might be a little friction initially, but as time passes I think it'll start to smooth out.
  • IamWeToddDidIamWeToddDid Registered Users, Member 333 Posts
    redtrunk do you play? If so what is your name
  • jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    One of the biggest reasons auto-promotion exists is to prevent users from intentionally keeping themselves at a lower progression level in order to keep playing against weaker competition. In the small update we pushed this week, we adjusted some of the auto-promotion criteria to balance these cases where users had many more wins than the other users in their division. With the changes happening I know there might be a little friction initially, but as time passes I think it'll start to smooth out.

I have been playing TSB from 2014 to this version and I want to ask one question.
    What is the benefit for my team to be in GOAT division?
    90% of the games in GOAT are hard to win. You can see a lot of crazy teams with full of prime players or you will be forced to play with GOAT team when you play bonus game or event games(and you will lose 99% of the games when playing against GOAT).
    Moreover, the reward seems to be the same for event games no matter which division you are in.
    Beating GOAT team you get 100 points but you also get 100 points after beating teams which only have 1-star players.

So GLU puts a lot of legend players in GOAT which you can't win and tell us to advance our level faster then it will be smooth.
    Are you serious?

I understand what you are saying, and for those that abuse the game by staying in say Vetern and not ranking up I agree. I guess my concern is that if I continue to participate and put up a lot of wins, I will be forced promoted past a point where I can compete. And the upgrade costs as you move up are extremely expensive and take time to accumulate gold, which will be harder to get because I'm not able to compete at a fair level. It forces me to play less and not participate in order to not become obsolete to my club participation. For someone like me that grinds out wins and plays a lot, I feel that I am being punished for doing so. Where as, the guy on the club that participated minimally still gets the rewards, but does not have to worry about being forced up to a level he cannot keep up with. Thanks for listening.
    So if this forced promotion thing is supposed to even the playing field, how come I get forced to ace. 3 tiers above where I was and I'm facing teams with all prime players like MEXIII. (I have 2, both won in weekend club events) Should he not be forced promoted to a higher tier with a team like that? Is it because I played too much that I am punished and players that either bought their team or figured out some glitch get to hang around. I have no recourse against these super teams unless I buy one to compete. Which I will not. I have put the money in that I wanted to, but this is completely unfair. I basically cannot play the game now because of this. This isn't really "smoothing out".
  • J.LeeJ.Lee Registered Users 146 Posts
    Happened to me too buddy, I feel the same. Hey I know you from last couple TSB games, what club are you in? I work, but very few do in my club
    The Avengers. Clubs are tough, because it seems like it's usually a few that do most of the work. But we got a good group. Won last 2 event weekends and in a big lead in this weekends. It gets harder to play though, because if you put in a bunch of wins on events, then u are force promoted. I haven't had a chance to play the playoff teams from the last 3 tiers. Just all of the sudden I'm in the next tier. I think weekend events shouldn't count toward your win total, which eventually gets u forced promoted. Even if u slow play 5 games and not spend gold, to put points up, you are hurting yourself into too many wins. So you now have to balance participation in your club with personal forced promotion that can leave you useless.
    I agree. One thing I did pick up though, is your overall team strength was also taken into consideration. I see the avengers are up there usually. Shoot me a text if anything opens up or you guys are considering kicking someone. I'm obviously active.
  • geaux_tigersgeaux_tigers Registered Users 30 Posts
    Got room in that club for one more? I'm stuck in a dud of a club and do most of the work.
  • jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    The Avengers. Clubs are tough, because it seems like it's usually a few that do most of the work. But we got a good group. Won last 2 event weekends and in a big lead in this weekends. It gets harder to play though, because if you put in a bunch of wins on events, then u are force promoted. I haven't had a chance to play the playoff teams from the last 3 tiers. Just all of the sudden I'm in the next tier. I think weekend events shouldn't count toward your win total, which eventually gets u forced promoted. Even if u slow play 5 games and not spend gold, to put points up, you are hurting yourself into too many wins. So you now have to balance participation in your club with personal forced promotion that can leave you useless.

Oh , the avengers.
    You guys kill me. We are at the second place in this week event but still have about 4M gap between you and us.
  • HypemHypem Registered Users 7 Posts
    I like how its the people in the top groups, the guys that are getting all of the gold and best players, that are the ones whining.

Your team is way better than the people you were facing three levels below you. The teams that are three levels below Ace are still using mostly 3-3.5 star players with a couple 4+ thrown in. Your two 5* players and gold income from being in the best group pushes you well above the teams you were facing.
  • SurfinZapdosSurfinZapdos Registered Users 152 Posts
    Jemic, you guys will definitely give us a run for our money it seems! I'm so glad to see some original members back on tsb. I also have some serious issues with autopromotion. Was forced thrpugh two whole divisions in one day..
  • tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    This auto promotion is terrible. Now you get into a level where you can't compete. i get it Glu you want to deal with sandbaggers but it needs to be excessive like where if you have all 5 star players you can't be in semi-pro but dear lord you can't advance teams at the razte you are going at. There's no point to play because you are against teams you can never beat and you can't get any club points. No interest to play the game when you can't actually play.
  • thesheriff33thesheriff33 Registered Users 97 Posts
    I saw you guys last weekend. Competition got fierce competition last weekend so many points
  • deerhunter716deerhunter716 Registered Users, Member 155 Posts
    So once you reach the playoffs you get auto-promoted right away? Or do you need to lose the playoffs on purpose to get auto-promoted? I ask because I WANT to get promoted a few levels lol
    So once you reach the playoffs you get auto-promoted right away? Or do you need to lose the playoffs on purpose to get auto-promoted? I ask because I WANT to get promoted a few levels lol

Has nothing to do with the playoffs. It's the number of stars your team is ranked and the number of wins you have. So if your team is a 4 1/2 star team and you have 2000 wins, then you will be force promoted to ace.
  • deerhunter716deerhunter716 Registered Users, Member 155 Posts
    Has nothing to do with the playoffs. It's the number of stars your team is ranked and the number of wins you have. So if your team is a 4 1/2 star team and you have 2000 wins, then you will be force promoted to ace.

5 star team and 2,087 wins.... Just won all-pro and moved up to Elite. I have club members 3 levels higher and my team is dead even with em. I even sent in a ticket saying I should be bumped lol
  • IamWeToddDidIamWeToddDid Registered Users, Member 333 Posts
    5 star team and 2,087 wins.... Just won all-pro and moved up to Elite. I have club members 3 levels higher and my team is dead even with em. I even sent in a ticket saying I should be bumped lol

I think your team needs some improvement...