Options

New to TSB - Looking for Advice

qkocher17qkocher17 Registered Users 6 Posts
I don't know if this is a good place to come to get advice on this game or not. I just started playing this game towards the end of April and I have never played the game in previous years.

So far I have gotten my team up to 3.5 stars. I guess I am just looking for the best way to improve in the game. I am a member of a club. We have 20 members and I am consistently at the top of the group with points earned and we still are not placing high in any of the events. Are the events played against all clubs or only clubs of similar levels? Not really sure how it works.

I've used my gold primarily to get draft picks. Is that the right way to go about it? Here is my roster

OF - Ben Revere, Dexter Fowler, Joey Butler
3B - Pedro Alvarez
SS - Bogaerts
2B - Tim Beckham
1B - Carlos Santana
C - Matt Weiters

SP - Y. Ventura
SP - A. Conley
SP - M. Shoemaker
SP - J. Samardzija
SP - C. Rodon

Any tips, advice, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Hope to lay you all soon.

qkocher17

Comments

• Options
    CheesemanCheeseman Registered Users 174 Posts
    Spend cash and gold on upgrades. Spending gold on draft picks is not worth it. Try to stay in as low of a league as you can. Resign your playoff games when they come up so you don't move up a league. Eventually the game will auto promote you but wait for the game to do it
  • Options
    CaliAngelsCaliAngels Registered Users 72 Posts
    I agree with cheeseman. The upgrades are the most important. You're team will perform much better as you upgrade and use the draft picks you earn through the course of play. Try to align yourself with a good club and reap those rewards. Good luck!
  • Options
    SpiderbabySpiderbaby Registered Users 73 Posts
    I 3rd that, upgrades upgrades upgrades.
  • Options
    jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    Good players >>>>>>> Upgrades

This topic has been discussed from 2014 to 2016...:)

There is a probability base working behind the upgrade options.
    For example, if team A upgrades hitting coach to 20% and team B upgrades hitting coach to 25%.
    After the game starts, a probability base will be randomly generated for both team.
    If team A get a base probability 10% and team B's base probability is 5%, the hitting chance of both teams could be equal.

So upgrading your team is not the highest priority but getting good players could have huge difference.
    I have tried many games between 5 star team with 0 upgrade and 3-star team with full upgrade.
    5 star team wins 18 of 20 games so the winning percentage is nearly 90%.

So save your gold and wait for the sale of draft picks. This is the first step I suggest.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    The fellas are right. Upgrades are key.
  • Options
    Mortdaddy93Mortdaddy93 Registered Users 33 Posts
    If you put money on and it's a substriction and you delete the game to start a new one do your substriction back ?
  • Options
    tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    If you put money on and it's a substriction and you delete the game to start a new one do your substriction back ?

What??????
  • Options
    tbatti wrote: »
    What??????

Hope the poor guy didn't have a stroke as he was typing... :)
  • Options
    IamWeToddDidIamWeToddDid Registered Users, Member 333 Posts

To answer simply, yes....but complicatedly, no...on the flip side it is possible
  • Options
    CraigyCraigy Registered Users 146 Posts
    To answer simply, yes....but complicatedly, no...on the flip side it is possible

dont listen to the retard
  • Options
    LOL! That's hilarious
  • Options
    My comment was to amused.
  • Options
    qkocher17qkocher17 Registered Users 6 Posts
    jemic wrote: »
    Good players >>>>>>> Upgrades

This topic has been discussed from 2014 to 2016...:)

There is a probability base working behind the upgrade options.
    For example, if team A upgrades hitting coach to 20% and team B upgrades hitting coach to 25%.
    After the game starts, a probability base will be randomly generated for both team.
    If team A get a base probability 10% and team B's base probability is 5%, the hitting chance of both teams could be equal.

So upgrading your team is not the highest priority but getting good players could have huge difference.
    I have tried many games between 5 star team with 0 upgrade and 3-star team with full upgrade.
    5 star team wins 18 of 20 games so the winning percentage is nearly 90%.

So save your gold and wait for the sale of draft picks. This is the first step I suggest.
    Good luck.

I have not used any gold to this point. Just used cash to enter tournaments/leagues/etc. Is it best to buy the #1 overall picks individually or part of the multi-draft? Didn't know what the best way to go about it was. Or if I should just spend on free agents instead. Not really sure if good players can be obtained through the draft picks.

Thanks for the help guys! Already started upgrading offense. I'm assuming that should be first priority over pitching/defense?
  • Options
    CheesemanCheeseman Registered Users 174 Posts
    I always do pitching first then offense
  • Options
    CraigyCraigy Registered Users 146 Posts
    whatever you do, spend gold during fan rewards on the weekend
  • Options
    Spiderbaby wrote: »
    My comment was to amused.

Just saw this now.... Thanks. But I still don't know what he was asking