Options

Cheating

Darkcell7xDarkcell7x Registered Users 1 Posts
Yeah it happens, but just recently we looked good to win todays event. All motivation was lost when out of thin air comes Pitt Pirates22 with over 270,000 unexpected (maybe not for them) points and added another 17,000 within 30 seconds. Maybe I'm missing the secret of the pros, but it would be nice to have a chance to win something and not have my clubs motivation gone to every try again.

Is there a reason this happened redtrunk? Or is this just someone cheating?

Comments

• Options
    CaliAngelsCaliAngels Registered Users 72 Posts
    That amount of points is nothing. A club can easily do that without cheating. I think everyone is so sensitive this year because cheating was rampant last year. This year, I haven't seen any cheating. That doesn't mean it's not happening, I just haven't seen any.
  • Options
    -JRod-JRod Registered Users 22 Posts
    The worst part is glu won't even admit to it. I started playing 2015 last November and asked them if there was cheating going on because I'd see players putting up a million points yet they were nowhere to be seen on the daily wins leader board and they assured me they take cheating very seriously. Considering the prices they charge for this game, it's very unethical business practice that they allow new players to continue spending money when they know there is cheating going on.
  • Options
    redtrunkredtrunk Administrator, Moderators 150 Posts
    I think I can speak for anyone on the TSB team when I say that we are 100% aware that there is cheating going on in this game, and we will also admit this. I take cheating VERY seriously and do not treat it lightly. We are working very hard to improve our cheater detection systems, and they have gotten better even since we've released the game.

Let me know if you have more issues you'd like to discuss, I'm always happy to talk!
    -redtrunk
  • Options
    CraigyCraigy Registered Users 146 Posts
    -JRod wrote: »
    The worst part is glu won't even admit to it. I started playing 2015 last November and asked them if there was cheating going on because I'd see players putting up a million points yet they were nowhere to be seen on the daily wins leader board and they assured me they take cheating very seriously. Considering the prices they charge for this game, it's very unethical business practice that they allow new players to continue spending money when they know there is cheating going on.
    there are multiple leader boards
  • Options
    K-DK-D Registered Users 378 Posts
    redtrunk wrote: »
    I think I can speak for anyone on the TSB team when I say that we are 100% aware that there is cheating going on in this game, and we will also admit this. I take cheating VERY seriously and do not treat it lightly. We are working very hard to improve our cheater detection systems, and they have gotten better even since we've released the game.

Let me know if you have more issues you'd like to discuss, I'm always happy to talk!
    -redtrunk

Redtrunk please read the message cause some think there is one leader boards and there are so many leader boards some will never see others. It's all based on log in time and just cause one isn't seen on your leader boards doesn't mean anything. Plus 17k. Heck the bonus pts for every 5 games goes up maxing out at 20k then it stays at 50 no matter how many games after that you play so yes 17k one person can do that if they have played about 180-185 bonus games and won that many. Think after 200 plus or real close is when you lose the bonus pts every 5 games. Not hard to do. Just blows me away that right off the bat it "someone is cheating"
  • Options
    I know there are multiple leader boards but I was referring to last year's tsb and there was cheating going on. I haven't seen anything that may indicate cheating this year though thankfully. This is a solid game, expensive but still fun and I hope the cheating doesn't start again.
  • Options
    CraigyCraigy Registered Users 146 Posts
    there were multiple leader boatds last year also
  • Options
    Again, I'm aware. But there WAS cheating that occurred. There was a way to get a win streak during events without ever having to complete an actual game.
  • Options
    ScottyCameronScottyCameron Registered Users 188 Posts
    -JRod wrote: »
    Again, I'm aware. But there WAS cheating that occurred. There was a way to get a win streak during events without ever having to complete an actual game.

WAS I think is the operative word! I have seen quite a bit, but Redtrunk is 100% correct! Most of the "cheaters" have been flagged. There is likely going to be people that can find a way to get around and cheat no matter how many times they patch the game! Look at the people that come out with iOS jailbreaks! They are able to find a way around things even though Apple spends tens of millions of dollars to prevent it!

Putting up points is not a qualifier for cheating! Had a member of my club last week obtain a win streak of 104! It was pretty insane, but I know it was legit.
  • Options
    ScottyCameronScottyCameron Registered Users 188 Posts
    Darkcell7x wrote: »
    Yeah it happens, but just recently we looked good to win todays event. All motivation was lost when out of thin air comes Pitt Pirates22 with over 270,000 unexpected (maybe not for them) points and added another 17,000 within 30 seconds. Maybe I'm missing the secret of the pros, but it would be nice to have a chance to win something and not have my clubs motivation gone to every try again.

Is there a reason this happened redtrunk? Or is this just someone cheating?

We had multiple members put up 400k+ points in today's event! Put up 5 million total and really were not
    Close at any point to winning! A person can put up a max of 20k for a win if they play enough bonus games if they play enough