Rewards from last weekend's event

redtrunkredtrunk Administrator, Moderators 150 Posts
Hey y'all,
As I have previously mentioned, I misspoke about what happens if you win the weekend Club or Prime event and you already have the prize on your roster. As some of you also heard, I was giving a Prime player to affected players. However, I will no longer be able to do this for several reasons, but namely it is this: in the last 24 hours, I have been inundated with requests from users, a massive number of whom were in clubs that did not win or were otherwise not eligible to receive a Prime player, asking for a free player. The dev team unfortunately doesn't have time to sort through which requests are legit or not, and so we will no longer be continuing this practice.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

-redtrunk

Comments

• tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    redtrunk wrote: »
    Hey y'all,
    As I have previously mentioned, I misspoke about what happens if you win the weekend Club or Prime event and you already have the prize on your roster. As some of you also heard, I was giving a Prime player to affected players. However, I will no longer be able to do this for several reasons, but namely it is this: in the last 24 hours, I have been inundated with requests from users, a massive number of whom were in clubs that did not win or were otherwise not eligible to receive a Prime player, asking for a free player. The dev team unfortunately doesn't have time to sort through which requests are legit or not, and so we will no longer be continuing this practice.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

-redtrunk

Has the problem been fixed so the next event will issue a different Prime player then?
  • redtrunkredtrunk Administrator, Moderators 150 Posts
    I believe that this week, the replacement will still be a #1 draft pick.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Just want to say, that Redtrunk helped me out on another issue. And I'm very thankful. Understand, he's just a liaison to Glu's dev. When you pm him, be polite and patient. I know first hand how frustrating Glu can be. I've been playing since when the 2014 game came out. But anyway, just want to publicly thank Redtrunk, he gets some unnecessary flak at times.
  • CheesemanCheeseman Registered Users 174 Posts
    I agree with amused. No matter what he does he will receive flak from people. I believe he has already told the developers how wh stand on the issue of giving us a number one draft pick instead of giving us another prime player like they do in the fan rewards. Let's praise him instead of chastising him.
  • SpiderbabySpiderbaby Registered Users 73 Posts
    Yes, he was able to help me out and I got Pedroia. Thank you Redtrunk, and you to cheeseman for your help.
  • CheesemanCheeseman Registered Users 174 Posts
    Glad it worked out for you
    Thanks, I was scared I would get Bartolo Colon
  • ScottyCameronScottyCameron Registered Users 188 Posts
    It is sad that people try to take advantage of the situation. A few bad apples ruin it for the rest!

I agree with Amused 110%! It's not an enviable position he is in! I have messages him with 2 or 3 different issues and he has always provided help! I messaged him about last weekends event and within 20 minutes the dev team had gone in and awarded me another Prime.

I appreciate the updates on the situation and hopefully we can remain involved in finding a more rewarding solution than receiving a #1 pick!
    Yeah, because 2-3 gets 3. Maybe the best mystery box?
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Spiderbaby wrote: »
    Yeah, because 2-3 gets 3. Maybe the best mystery box?

Sounds fair. Given a prime on rewards costs 20000 gold. A #1 pick is very much not an equal trade.
  • CaliAngelsCaliAngels Registered Users 72 Posts
    A #1 pick is a joke. A different prime player is the only fair solution. If another prime is not offered, they are simply encouraging players not to play the events. Which, is not what the developers nor the players want.
  • deerhunter716deerhunter716 Registered Users, Member 155 Posts
    I understand that you cannot give any more Prime Players away - but it does suck for those like me who actually won the event and got NADA... Maybe Glu can find another "fair" way to compensate players then because the dev team just left itself wide open for folks to chargeback or anything else they want to do - saying some folks were taken care of but the rest of you are out of luck...

I.E. everyone is not being treated equally. That shows the dev team does not have a handle on this game at all.

** This is on the dev team not redtrunk.
  • K-DK-D Registered Users 378 Posts
    I agree deerhunter. Hell in still waiting for my stuff to be fixed but yet I know many who have already gotten theirs fixed and doesn't seem fair at all. DEV TEAM THIS IS A HIGE ISSUE AND THE DEV TEAM NEEDS TO MAKE THIS RIGHT.
  • FirehombreFirehombre Registered Users 120 Posts
    My club was one of those that lost out on this past weekend. We easily won on our leaderboard, but my team and one other got Suzuki, which we both already had. I understand what Redtrunk said about not going through all the requests, but at the same time a #1 draft choice does no good whatsoever when compared to a prime player. I accept my lost weekend, but if all you are gonna get is a draft pick, I and a lot if others like me will discontinue playing our clubs in these events. What would be the point?
  • jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    Is it possible for your DEV TEAM to take a look at the trade option?
    It has the same problem. I already have prime Timmy so this offer is totally useless to me.
    I am also OK with the decision you made but hope problem can be fixed ASAP.
    Collecting players is what I love to do but it is quite boring for the last two weeks because of duplicates.