Options

Trading For Tim Lincecum

TampaRoyalsTampaRoyals Registered Users 95 Posts
Who all has tried trading for Lincecum so far?

A couple in my club have successfully...one after six tries - the other after 10,000 in gold

I'm currently on my 16th attempt at 140ish in gold each time. No idea where this is going.

Might be something the games developers can look into changing. If the game is going to ask for THREE and ONLY THREE specific players, then the trade should go through automatically once you hit send.

If Detroit said they wanted Daniel Norris, Jairo Labourt, and Matt Boyd back in 2015 for David Price and Toronto accepted, do you think Detroit came back and said, "nevermind, LOL. We want cash also." And then Detroit being able to take the cash without giving ANYTHING to Toronto in return.

Something is very flawed in that. Just my opinion.

Anyways, what has or did it take for all of you to get Lincecum?

Comments

• Options
    JoshtasticJoshtastic Registered Users 42 Posts
    I've made around 20 attempts so far and still nothing. So much gold down the drain. Glu definitely needs to look into this. So much of our time, effort, and gold go into trying to get these trades to go through. Sheesh!
  • Options
    Yeah not really sure what the thought process was when they created the trade feature. About as far as unrealistic as it can get at the moment.

It would be one thing if you offered Jose Quintana, Danny Valencia, and Brandon Crawford for Lincecum, and then they countered with Quintana, Valencia, Crawford, and someone else for him, but it's absolutely stupid that you basically get gold stolen from you DESPITE meeting their demands 100%

But hey, I guess whatever gets people to buy more gold, which result in more failed trades to go through, which results in more revenue for GLU.

#Economics
  • Options
    Ryan421Ryan421 Registered Users 55 Posts
    Agreed. I spent a ton and went through numerous attempts to get arrieta to finally go through. Then the kershaw trade last weekend was successful on my first attempt. Now my lincecum trade has been unsuccessful a few times already, I'm sure it'll clean me dry of all the gold I have. I'll just be extremely frustrated if I waste everything I have and it still doesn't go through. Implementing the trade negotiations was definitely a good new idea, but it's certainly flawed and should be fixed.
  • Options
    Ryan421 wrote: »
    Agreed. I spent a ton and went through numerous attempts to get arrieta to finally go through. Then the kershaw trade last weekend was successful on my first attempt. Now my lincecum trade has been unsuccessful a few times already, I'm sure it'll clean me dry of all the gold I have. I'll just be extremely frustrated if I waste everything I have and it still doesn't go through. Implementing the trade negotiations was definitely a good new idea, but it's certainly flawed and should be fixed.

Should at least be able to get all of the gold back if you don't get the player at the end.

5 more times go by unsuccessfully for me, totaling 20 tries (~2800 gold)
  • Options
    ScottyCameronScottyCameron Registered Users 188 Posts
    My 6 attempts was likely by pure luck! Took me over 40 tried to get me Reyes and Kershaw each! Bout time I was able to even the odds a little hffduu
  • Options
    ADub304ADub304 Registered Users 17 Posts
    I got him on the 3rd try so I was lucky. Reyes and Kershaw took forever though.
  • Options
    ADub304 wrote: »
    I got him on the 3rd try so I was lucky. Reyes and Kershaw took forever though.

Interesting. Would love to see an average on how many attempts it can take for a trade to go through.

My next attempt will be #29. Have a feeling this is going to take me another 30 tries at least.
  • Options
    YaknationYaknation Registered Users 6 Posts
    Honestly, I think GLU is probably thrilled with the trade feature so far. At the end of the day their main purpose for any of their features is to get you to spend gold, and it seems the trade feature is great at that. Kind of ingenius... they know once you get the 3 players to trade you'll be so invested in getting the player that you'll throw caution to the wind and spend/buy gold you wouldn't before, especially if the clock is counting down. Which is why they make it really hard to get a trade to go through.

I agree with you all tho, in reality the 'negotiations' make no sense. It's much more like bribing lol.
  • Options
    Yea, they won't change it at all! It's too much of a money maker! I desperately needed Timmy! I was only able to get 10-12 wins prior to getting him... Since I have been running streaks of 25-30+... I saw getting him as a true "investment". Unlike the stadiums etc.. What I would of or could of paid in gold for it would be cheaper in the long run instead of having to use +40 gold to counteract how much my 5* guys get slammed
  • Options
    To me, it's incredibly misleading. It shows three players you must get in order to trade for "Player X." Then, once you hit the trade button excitedly, it then says you need to throw in extra gold. At that point, you get a little put out, but you still figure, "whatever...I'll just throw in the extra gold," ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT you're STILL not going to get the player AND you lost the gold you just gave away

I ended up finally getting the trade to go through after 31 attempts...could've been much worse, so I guess I'm somewhat happy. They should give me Moreland back for my troubles though lol - OH and I also had to overpay for the Cuban free agent pack to get Puig. I had Yasiel last week, but I traded him and a few others for a #1 pick and was never able to redraft him even with ~100 #1 and/or first round picks. That was after blowing around 3500 gold on the silver mystery box (ended up getting the ****py 1.5* pitcher 2-3 times out of the five I picked the box. The other two were the franchise coins!

Lesson learned:
    1.Don't buy mystery boxes
    2.May or may not be better off simply buying #1 draft picks with your gold at the 225 price rather than continuing to throw more gold into the pot after buying the players you need to get Lincecum
  • Options
    It totally is just a money grabbing feature! 31 is about what it took me to get Reyes and Kershaw. I had to buy Cuban pack as well despite having drafted Puig at 3 different points.

I still would love the ability to pick and choose a couple of players to give up in a trade. I would of given up Moreland plus any number of the 5* guys sitting on my bench. It is what it is... I totally figured it would take 30+ attempts to get him. Even at 5000 gold, I think you still will come out ahead with money you can save having to boost your team during events.