Dear Glu: Your Latest Update Ruined the Gold Leagues. Please Fix This.

2015Seahawks2015Seahawks Registered Users 36 Posts
Dear Glu:

In your latest update you gave people the option of using 20, 40, and 80 gold boosts for gold leagues. The end result of this at the highest level, when so much gold is on the line, is that everybody uses the top boost, wins their home games, and finishes 4 and 4.

If you are going to leave it this way, at the very least, gold should be rewarded for second and third place ties at the same level as second and third place.

It is absoutely stupid to lose your gold when you win your games based upon run differiential.

Please fix this immediately.

Comments

• deerhunter716deerhunter716 Registered Users, Member 155 Posts
    Dear Glu:

In your latest update you gave people the option of using 20, 40, and 80 gold boosts for gold leagues. The end result of this at the highest level, when so much gold is on the line, is that everybody uses the top boost, wins their home games, and finishes 4 and 4.

If you are going to leave it this way, at the very least, gold should be rewarded for second and third place ties at the same level as second and third place.

It is absoutely stupid to lose your gold when you win your games based upon run differiential.

Please fix this immediately.

Agreed - the tie breaker of run differential is absurd for these types of high stakes leagues....
  • IamWeToddDidIamWeToddDid Registered Users, Member 333 Posts
    Agreed - the tie breaker of run differential is absurd for these types of high stakes leagues....
    It's a money ploy....normal 2k league they take in 10k and pay out 7800, now if all 5 teams pay 80 on all games that's another 1600 gold they've removed from the game....so they take in 11,600 and pay out 7800....odds on a slot machine are ridiculously better, so yeah I agree they should at minimum increase ALL the top 3 gold prizes to even it out.....Also remember when you could finish 4 or 5 in any gold league and still get a draft pick or bonus game?
    It's a money ploy....normal 2k league they take in 10k and pay out 7800, now if all 5 teams pay 80 on all games that's another 1600 gold they've removed from the game....so they take in 11,600 and pay out 7800....odds on a slot machine are ridiculously better, so yeah I agree they should at minimum increase ALL the top 3 gold prizes to even it out.....Also remember when you could finish 4 or 5 in any gold league and still get a draft pick or bonus game?

They just keep getting more greedy all the time....
    Even better would be to have a league you enter with cash and win gold....for example make it 50,000 cash to enter and winner gets 1,000 gold second 500 and no other prizes
  • 2015Seahawks2015Seahawks Registered Users 36 Posts
    Great idea on cash-for-gold.

I hope really hope this current issue with the gold leagues is corrected. Glu's stock is down 12 cents today on the news that the newest update ruined the gold leagues in Tap Baseball 2016.
    They just keep getting more greedy all the time....

they get greedy at the expense of creating a less fair game play experience, which is very upsetting to the players.
    they get greedy at the expense of creating a less fair game play experience, which is very upsetting to the players.

Agreed - they keep going in the direction of making it impossible to compete at all unless you spend and spend and spend..

I love Todd's suggestion about cash for gold - BUT that would make way tooo much sense.
    Agreed - they keep going in the direction of making it impossible to compete at all unless you spend and spend and spend..

I love Todd's suggestion about cash for gold - BUT that would make way tooo much sense.

The cash for gold can be an uneven trade and people would jump on it....like say they had a 1 million cash league to win 10k gold, I know I would play that...and I'm sure a lot of us would
    There is a serious problem when players are angry at the maker of the game for making certain changes. The game is very cool, but the constant money grab is not a sustainable business model as people will eventually go elsewhere.
    The cash for gold can be an uneven trade and people would jump on it....like say they had a 1 million cash league to win 10k gold, I know I would play that...and I'm sure a lot of us would

It can be indeed - but like you said make it only for 1k gold or something; they can balance it out with cost to enter vs. reward.
  • ScottyCameronScottyCameron Registered Users 188 Posts
    They should just make two different leagues. One with boosts and one without boosts! Boosts are not going to go away! By adding them in the gold leagues it's just going to draw more competition into the leagues because they know they can compete and have a good chance to win a few games!
  • smithcas87smithcas87 Registered Users, Member 66 Posts
    i approve this message. Every single update just creates more ways for Glu to make money. Not better the game for the user, but better the game for the developer. happy times.
  • jenksjenks Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    smithcas87 wrote: »
    i approve this message. Every single update just creates more ways for Glu to make money. Not better the game for the user, but better the game for the developer. happy times.

That's literally the point
    I think because of this I for one will be boycotting leagues until they have an option to be in a league where people can't use the boost....hopefully others will join me
  • StoryoftStoryoft Registered Users 30 Posts
    It's been fine to win on point differential but now it's not if you lose? Ok. Maybe they should just go back to alphanumerical. I say leave it like it is. Just let the entry fee go toward the spend again. They stripped that in football and it killed the game.
  • FirehombreFirehombre Registered Users 120 Posts

Not me, not for that much. I'm gonna go out in a limb here and say that I probably have one of the highest amounts of cash around at almost 8 million. If you played for one million for just a payout of 10k in gold, that is not worth it when it costs so much more than that to buy a prime player or better. I'd be more incline to see an entry fee of $100k cash to win 10k gold.
  • FirehombreFirehombre Registered Users 120 Posts
    I think because of this I for one will be boycotting leagues until they have an option to be in a league where people can't use the boost....hopefully others will join me

I'm there with you!
  • JoshtasticJoshtastic Registered Users 42 Posts
    All of you will be in Glu jail by the end of the day.
    Joshtastic wrote: »
    All of you will be in Glu jail by the end of the day.

Wouldn't be the first time
    Another case of under thinking. While they actually have faith that players will function as "clubs", I'll give them credit. But they clearly don't understand their audience. So instead Glu has essentially split the game into Major League and Minor League divisions. Just like the real game. It'll take 8 years on average for the Minor League players to reach the Majors. And they'll have to live out of their cars and eat ramen noodles to afford the gold it takes to improve.
    2.39usd -0.07 (2.85%)

Wow. Much cheaper than their gold.
  • tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    Well just think some of the guys that spent tons of $ on their games they could be shareholders instead with a voice.
  • CheesemanCheeseman Registered Users 174 Posts
    Another example of GLU vouching us for moere money.bonce you spend the 20000 on fan rewards to get the prime player another tier opens up.bit will cost another 25000 gold to get the next prime. This is getting ridiculous
    Cheeseman wrote: »
    Another example of GLU vouching us for moere money.bonce you spend the 20000 on fan rewards to get the prime player another tier opens up.bit will cost another 25000 gold to get the next prime. This is getting ridiculous

Wow $200 (20k gold) was already greedy... Now they make Scrooge look like an angel....