Options

Trade Negotiation Failed

Ryan421Ryan421 Registered Users 55 Posts
Is there any method to this madness or is it really just completely random as to when/if the trade will finally be accepted? It doesn't seem like the amount of gold you spend to finish the offer makes any impact on it..

Comments

• Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Nope. Just random. It took me 7 attempts. Someone I know some it took 2. But there is this guy on my club who has tried around 15 times and hasn't gotten him yet. Best of luck there, Ryan.
  • Options
    Crusty17Crusty17 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Does appear random, although I would've loved to have gotten my trades done in 7 tries. Been trying for Arrieta 2x per day for the last 9 days and keep getting a failed negotiation. One day I decided to spend the gold I'd accumulated and, by my count, tried another 18 times, all failing. Have tried for Bautista during this time as well, also failing every time. I did not speed up those negotiations at all, however. Frustrating, to say the least.
  • Options
    Crusty17Crusty17 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Don't feel too bad, though, because I did spend some of my gold on draft picks and ended up with Jose Fernandez, plus I got John Lackey as a fan reward. So I guess things turned out ok. Still, I had the picks required for the trade. What more can I do? (Rhetorical question.)
  • Options
    JoshtasticJoshtastic Registered Users 42 Posts
    I learned my lesson when I attempted to trade for Matt Harvey last week. I will never attempt to make a trade again. Complete waste of my time and gold. I hate it because I was looking forward to trying out the trade feature. I ended up wasting a lot of gold that would have helped me upgrade my team for these forced promotions. Definitely not a fan of this feature going forward.
  • Options
    pj423pj423 Registered Users 95 Posts
    you can get trades to go through without spending gold ive got a few by just letting the timer run out
  • Options
    iAMmeCHRISiAMmeCHRIS Registered Users 1 Posts
    Yep, I am at attempt number 13 for Arrieta.
    So many attempts because he expires from the trade section in 30 minutes.
    So I bought the 1200 Gold 3 player pack just so I can trade for Jake.
    then tried 13 times to push the trade through. Biggest waste of everything.
    I am done with this game.
  • Options
    smithcas87smithcas87 Registered Users, Member 66 Posts
    pj423 wrote: »
    you can get trades to go through without spending gold ive got a few by just letting the timer run out

agreed. i was able to trade for fielder, arrietta bautista and xander with very little gold. just takes some time. Also, fielder worked for me in one shot, it was yesterday when the trade negotiations window was coming to an end so that may impact it as well.
  • Options
    MookieCrispMookieCrisp Registered Users 28 Posts
    I started negotiations with arrieta and Bautista with over 11 days left. I let the timer run out most days and Spent some gold and never got them. And this guy gets prime fielder on the first attempt?? What a joke glu. Definitely won't use the trade feature anymore. Fool me once…
  • Options
    CaliAngelsCaliAngels Registered Users 72 Posts
    I spent over 3k in gold and wasn't able to get Fielder via trade. Obviously it was quite frustrating but it finally went through on the last day. I wish I hadn't spent the gold and just waited.
  • Options
    redzero55redzero55 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Yeah, my negotiations for Chris Davis have now failed 11 times. Absolutely ridiculous. GLU should at least have made it more obvious that a trade deal is pretty much unlikely. I read the info tab, but it's still deceiving in my opinion. "Trade negotiations are not guaranteed" should be "Trade negotiations are not likely.. You very well may spend endless gold and never succeed."
  • Options
    K-DK-D Registered Users 378 Posts
    What's funny is it says something about the negotiations are based on desirability of the the player your trying to get which is still not fair at all what y'all should have added to it last update is where you have the option to through in a extra player of your choice to see if it helps the negotiations cause I'm sure some would add in a higher star player they have and be willing to lose him to give better chance at negotiating to grab the player they are trying to get.
  • Options
    TheeasywayTheeasyway Registered Users 16 Posts
    35 times it took me once but if you are smart do it during fan rewards. Cuz I usally spend 60k every weekend to get primes so if I waste a few thousand gold on trades no biggie gonna count towards getting more primes
  • Options
    BarbaricNoobBarbaricNoob Registered Users 8 Posts
    I wish they would show the percentile chance to get the negotiation accepted. I'm still stuck on Kipnis 4 1/2* trade on my 11th attempt.
  • Options
    TampaRoyalsTampaRoyals Registered Users 95 Posts
    You should pretty much assume that every trade is going to take an extra 8,000-10,000 in gold and be happy with whatever you end up saving.
  • Options
    ScottyCameronScottyCameron Registered Users 188 Posts
    You should pretty much assume that every trade is going to take an extra 8,000-10,000 in gold and be happy with whatever you end up saving.

That's kind of how I figure it! Thankfully I'm not in need of Chris Davis! Just made it easy to nab up Trout instead! I work the costs all into obtaining another prime with gold rewards anyways.