Options

Gold leagues

Mortdaddy93Mortdaddy93 Registered Users 33 Posts
How good should my team be to play the 1000 gold league

Comments

• Options
    CorvetteDaddyCorvetteDaddy Registered Users 6 Posts
    I have a 4.5 overall rating for my team with 3 prime players and can't win these things. I see people in the gold league chat rooms openly talking about cheating. They also have all their upgrades maxed to 20. My overall record is 525-127. I still can't win the gold league ! Don't know how they cheat but once I saw that I stopped playing them.
  • Options
    jd001001jd001001 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Just so we all know what and how to avoid it, I think it is your duty to explain in detail how one my go about cheating.
  • Options
    jd001001 wrote: »
    Just so we all know what and how to avoid it, I think it is your duty to explain in detail how one my go about cheating.

Here is what I saw. Firstly 2 or more teams that know each other join in the gold league and one team throws a game to the other to help it win. That didn't make sense to me because every team has to put up gold to enter. But thats what I read in the gold league chat. The other thing I read was that there was a cheat program. Thats all I know. There was no more detail than that.
  • Options
    rasinrasin Registered Users 77 Posts
    Here is what I saw. Firstly 2 or more teams that know each other join in the gold league and one team throws a game to the other to help it win. That didn't make sense to me because every team has to put up gold to enter. But thats what I read in the gold league chat. The other thing I read was that there was a cheat program. Thats all I know. There was no more detail than that.

They usually have multiple accounts to cheat in league games. It is a well known method and be widely used by certain people who are in the same club. I don't want to bring up the names here but you can see them in the forum too.
  • Options
    rasin wrote: »
    They usually have multiple accounts to cheat in league games. It is a well known method and be widely used by certain people who are in the same club. I don't want to bring up the names here but you can see them in the forum too.

Great. But as I said this doesn't make much sense to me since every team that enters must pay the gold to get in. So if 2 0r 3 get in a 1000 gold league how does anyone come out ahead when the payout is 3000. Someone, who is a friend of another still has to lose.
  • Options
    nexxus6nexxus6 Banned Users 108 Posts
    Are they really losing? 2nd place still gets 900. So they would be out 100. The next time that person would win and collect 3000. Well 2900. If they kept doing that no one would be really losing. I've never played but I think that's what's going on.
  • Options
    Thats a good point and only one scenario that rarely plays out. In reality 1 team wins first and then more often than not many teams tie for 2nd and or 3rd. With the GLU tiebreakers that guy could end up in third or even out of the money thereby losing everything. This is most often the case. I've seen first hand this happen and it doesn't matter how good your team is with the boosts that GLU now includes with Gold League games. I have 5 prime players with an overall 5 star rating and 3 prime pitchers and can't break 3rd place even with the boost.