Options

Updated rankings?

SamplemethisSamplemethis Registered Users 21 Posts
Is there going to be an update that reranks player? I heard all-star break somewhere...is this true?

side question:Who is involved with rankings? How do they come up with them. How is Danny Valencia and Kendrys Morales and david peralta and fransisco Lindor and maikel franco and justin turner are 5*...but Felix, Cano, Kemp, Tulowitzki, Beltre, Bogarts, just to name a few are 4*, and some are worse than that...any clarity on that would be much appreciated. To me, if i were to get Danny Valencia (5*) from a draft pick it would feel dirty to put him in my 3B slot over Evan Longoria (3.5*). I know Longoria has had some tough years...and quite frankly maybe the 3.5* is justified. But in what reality is Danny Valencia a better...nay...a FAR better option?

Comments

• Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Danny Valencia is a 5-star guy?? Or is there just a version of him that's five stars?
  • Options
    TampaRoyalsTampaRoyals Registered Users 95 Posts
    Valencia did have an .864 OPS last year - I assume this game uses last years statistics.

Guys like Tulo, Kemp, Beltre, Longoria and Felix weren't that good last year. Tulo has been flat out terrible this season. Thanks, Coors!
  • Options
    K-DK-D Registered Users 378 Posts
    Yes your 100% right they go on last years when game is first launched then at all star break they will update as to what players have done this year
  • Options
    SamplemethisSamplemethis Registered Users 21 Posts
    K-D wrote: »
    Yes your 100% right they go on last years when game is first launched then at all star break they will update as to what players have done this year

Do you have any general idea/reference as to how much? Should I go get Jackie Bradley since he is cheap and all of the sudden going to be something like a 9/7/4 hitting based on this year as opposed to 4/7/4...or does it take into account he hit just over the mendoza line in his career before this year?

Also, has anyone even seen Daniel Murphy in any draft picks, or played against him or anything? What are his stats? And if he stays hitting .370+ would they game ever make a "non-elite" player have a hitter rating above 9?

Lastly, what happens to people like Andre Ethier? He hasn't played in 2016...do his ratings change at all due to him not playing...or do they stay the exact same for that same reason...

If anyone knows I am really curious. Thanks
  • Options
    aTownDownaTownDown Registered Users 271 Posts
    Do you have any general idea/reference as to how much? Should I go get Jackie Bradley since he is cheap and all of the sudden going to be something like a 9/7/4 hitting based on this year as opposed to 4/7/4...or does it take into account he hit just over the mendoza line in his career before this year?

Also, has anyone even seen Daniel Murphy in any draft picks, or played against him or anything? What are his stats? And if he stays hitting .370+ would they game ever make a "non-elite" player have a hitter rating above 9?

Lastly, what happens to people like Andre Ethier? He hasn't played in 2016...do his ratings change at all due to him not playing...or do they stay the exact same for that same reason...

If anyone knows I am really curious. Thanks

Didn't play too much last year so I'm not sure how far they bump people up. I do know for a fact they do not downgrade anyone (or at least haven't in the past). Nor do I think they'll make a non-prime, legend, or elite player with a double digit stat.
  • Options
    astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Last year there was a massive ratings increase. Tons of guys became 5-stars(Chris Davis comes to mind) and they don't really downgrade people very much. Star ratings changed, but their attributes didn't(Gattis was a 5 9 1 and went from 4.5-star to 4-star). I don't think they ever did pitchers last year though.