Options

Pros and Cons to leveling up

SamplemethisSamplemethis Registered Users 21 Posts
Went up 3 levels, the only thing I have noticed is the bonus games and random opponents are harder. Has not changed my performance in leagues,tournaments, or club events.

Is this standard?

Are there benefits to staying at a lower skill level?

Help from vets would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    TampaRoyalsTampaRoyals Registered Users 95 Posts
    There are no pros other than winning a measly amount of gold you receive each time you level up.

I guess some players may have the goal of leveling up to the highest level though. The playing field will almost always be even no matter how great of a team you acquire.
  • Options
    grantile123grantile123 Registered Users 304 Posts
    I have heard that in the higher levels you get better rewards for winning games. Players have told me that they are randomly winning gold and #1 draft picks as game prizes scarce as they may be. But I guess at that level what good is a #1 pick they aren't that great now!
  • Options
    2weighlift2weighlift Registered Users 66 Posts
    In a nut shell - Don't Level Up !!!!

When you level up the game gets ruined and stale. Stay low, you will get more while spending less money$$$$$.

In competitions, you will receive the same amount of points whether you beat a goat team or a novice team, however, your win streaks will diminish and become non-existent.

And you will NOT receive better players (aka legends) when your leveled up.

No improvements have been made yet.
  • Options
    grantile123grantile123 Registered Users 304 Posts
    It is much harder to get anything going when you start hitting higher levels. I don't think that It would be so bad if you only played other teams of the same rank as you. Some times I've noticed that you have to play teams that are several ranks above you.

I would try to stay as low as possible for as long as possible. I had a team level up 7 levels yesterday from intermediate to star. I'm not thrilled about that.
  • Options
    well donkey punch....i guess no more leveling up for me. I only did it because my team started to get drastically worse, especially noticable in the club events and weekend events. I did it more or less to try and do something different, maybe i had it backwards. Now i struggle to win 3 in a row...sometimes losing my first game...pretty frustrating.
  • Options
    ndxndx Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
    leveling up pros- you do get the prizes. Cons, tourney and leagues cost more. You will lose more once you move up the level until your team gets better. The only way to not level up is to not play bonus ticket games or harder leagues/tourneys. I have found, that's when my level shoots up but, need to help club so it is unavoidable from what I found.
  • Options
    2weighlift wrote: »
    ? Donkey punch (: I had to look that one up in dictionary. LMAO

ya...just a phrase me and my buddies use instead of your run of the mill 4 letter word...kinda fun. We even named a holdem starting hand "the donkey punch" (10/J)... always gets you into to trouble that hand. Glad i could produce a laugh though...thanks for that...needed it today.