Options

How should I use 1000 Gold?

Bballer14Bballer14 Registered Users, Member 110 Posts
Hello,
My team is at the seasoned level and 2 games away from playoffs. My team is made up of 3.0, 3.5 and some 4.0 players. I'm already carrying 30 inactive (2.0-3.5 stars).

Should I spend gold on #1 individual drafts pick(s), accumulate 1500 in gold and buy the five player #1 pack (w/4 star gaurantee), use gold to pick up free agents or use gold to play in tournaments to try and acquire more gold? Thanks guys!!! Gold is hard to come by ;).

Comments

• Options
    astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    My suggestion for you is to save gold as long as you can, probably until 10k. Might take a while, but at that time you do it during a gold rewards event and it would guarantee you a 5-star, 4.5 star, and 4-star. It's tough to do, but in the long run its the best.

And also, when you finally get there... Getting those 3 players will make it fairly easy to get a Prime player.
  • Options
    ndxndx Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
    agreed. Do not use on draft picks or tourney.
  • Options
    gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    To be honest I would wait until your got to the point where you can't use cash on your upgrades, it makes it a little more difficult in the short term, but is in long term best interest. Eventually you'll get to a point where cash becomes basically worthless. All you will be able to do is spend it on tournys and leagues during event.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback guys. So if I hold onto the gold and wait to get 10k worth, I then spend it during a gold rewards event? Thanks for tip on using cash on upgrades.
  • Options
    Superapids135Superapids135 Registered Users 368 Posts
    I would wait until u have a lot of gold and spend on an discount day. Either on upgrades or better players but you'll have countless 4/4.5/5 stars if ur patient. Upgrades are important , sometimes during fan rewards the 1600 or 1200 gold player is a solid 4 star in a position of need then do upgrades or no1 picks, if ur week but overal drafts are a waste. Upgrades are better.
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I would wait until u have a lot of gold and spend on an discount day. Either on upgrades or better players but you'll have countless 4/4.5/5 stars if ur patient. Upgrades are important , sometimes during fan rewards the 1600 or 1200 gold player is a solid 4 star in a position of need then do upgrades or no1 picks, if ur week but overal drafts are a waste. Upgrades are better.

So generally what people here are saying is to save your gold to spend during a fan event when you can get high-level players as a reward for spending gold? What should you spend the gold on to earn those rewards, if we're accepting the fact the draft picks are a waste?
  • Options
    PierreMcWienerPierreMcWiener Registered Users 23 Posts
    Spend gold on Win streak extention in events, upgrades (when cash option is gone), or if you like the player they offer in collections you can try to get them but that usually takes a lot of gold.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, I think I understand ;). Very helpful!!!