Spending gold on something other than rigged draft picks

Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
Since draft picks are utterly useless (assuming you don't want four 3.5 star guys who can't sniff even your bench and one 4-star guy who's worse than the four other guys you have at the same position), and the game seems inclined to ensure they're distributed in a manner that's less favorable than betting on the Twins to win it all this year, what else do you guys spend gold on? I'm spending for Fan Rewards, and I don't want to just throw away 1500 gold for more $&1tty players. I might as well only partially throw it away on something that provides at least some return.

Comments

• CheesemanCheeseman Registered Users 174 Posts
    If your upgrades are all at max and you don't want to waste it on draft picks spend it on boosts especially if you are short on good starting pitchers
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Cheeseman wrote: »
    If your upgrades are all at max and you don't want to waste it on draft picks spend it on boosts especially if you are short on good starting pitchers

Upgrades aren't maxed, that seems like a good route. Do you think they really have much of an impact, though?
  • CheesemanCheeseman Registered Users 174 Posts
    Definitely, they should be the first thing to spend extra gold on.
  • K-DK-D Registered Users 378 Posts
    Cooz19 wrote: »
    Upgrades aren't maxed, that seems like a good route. Do you think they really have much of an impact, though?

Upgrading skills to 20/20 will make biggest impact in this game and I would say most important factor in the game as well besides of course best players the game offers cause you will get the most out of what your players ratings are. Hitting and pitching alone will make huge impact on how team plays then of course fielding and arms last in my opinion.