Options

Pitcher Ratings

victorthigpenvictorthigpen Registered Users 66 Posts
How important do you guys find the "stuff" rating to be for pitchers? I feel like in my experience it is by far the most important, but I wonder to what degree. For example, I just opened a multi-draft and got 9-8-7 McGee and 9-4-8 Giles. Currently, my set up man is 5-3-9 Jepsen who is only 4 star, the other two are 4.5. However, Jepsen has been doing well and I feel like his 9 stuff rating might make up for his other lower ratings. Who would you put as your set up man of those 3? How much arm and control ratings are equal to 1 stuff rating? For example, would you keep a pitcher who had 1 higher stuff over another who had 2 higher arm? 3 higher arm? Just trying to get an idea of what other people think.

Comments

• Options
    nexxus6nexxus6 Banned Users 108 Posts
    I would put Giles as closer. Imo high stuff with medium controll seems to be the best. McGee can get rocked, I wouldn't use him if I had the choice
  • Options
    PierreMcWienerPierreMcWiener Registered Users 23 Posts
    Yea I agree with nexxus, I have Ramos 9-3-9 as my closer and he is solid as hell. I think he's in the mid 90s save% and he has over 700 saves. Medium control + high stuff rating is good
  • Options
    ScottyCameronScottyCameron Registered Users 188 Posts
    At lower levels I wold say it depends on your playing style more than anything else. Meaning if you play more against other users or play/sim in events!

If you play against other users then Inthink Jepsen will do slightly better given his volocity of his pitches. If you play more events you want people with the highest rating of "stuff"

Velocity is how fast he is going to throw the ball. Control is how many pitche will be over the plate for strikes. Stuff is how good his pitches are! Higher stuff=Usally lower ERA and BA against.

Star Rating is somewhat over rated. It is mostly directly related to a persons total stats make-up. But not 100%. 5+3+9=18, 9+8+7=24.

Long term none are going to be truly solid options! The further you progress, the more your going to encounter teams with more and more Prime hitters. The game is much more friendly to hitters than it is to hitters.