Options

Need something explained

dmcnair81dmcnair81 Registered Users 20 Posts
Can someone explain to me how the time left on the winning streak timer is calculated? I hadn't paid much attention to it until the event yesterday, and I noticed at one point that I had won, and the time left increased by like 5 minutes. Another time I won, and the time decreased from around 13:00 to 9 something. It didn't take over 3 minutes to autoplay that game. This is something I should've probably noticed when I first started playing a month ago, but it just caught my eye yesterday.

Comments

• Options
    Ryan421Ryan421 Registered Users 55 Posts
    The higher your streak gets, the less time you have to keep your streak alive. So you have to play games almost right away after so many wins
  • Options
    Well that makes sense because as you're playing, your timer is going down, but sometimes a win gives me significantly less time than what I had just before the win, and sometimes a win adds time to the clock. What has to happen in order for time to get ADDED to the win streak clock? I had around 1 minute left, and I won a game and it bumped my clock up to over 6 minutes remaining. If the clock is under a certain threshold, say 5 minutes, and you win, does time get added? Is it random? Am I just imagining that I saw this?
  • Options
    grantile123grantile123 Registered Users 304 Posts
    There is a certain time limit set by Glu. I think it is 15 min for the first game or 2, then it is 10 min for the next couple then gets down to around 5 min between games once you have a 5 game streak or more. This may or may not be accurate but its something along those lines
  • Options
    IamWeToddDidIamWeToddDid Registered Users, Member 333 Posts
    It's based on your streak....after 1 u have 15 mins and it gets less after each win until a certain point, I think 5 mins...so if u let the timer wind down to a minute and play each time you will have at least 5 mins for the next game....however if u play back to back the time limit for the next game may be less, so although u had 15 minutes after the first, if u were to play 5 games immediately, u would only have 5 for the next, even if it only took 2 minutes to play all those games
  • Options
    If you work the clock right you can actually end up with a 10 game streak before you have to spend any gold to get energy refreshed.
  • Options
    Gotcha. Makes sense now. I should wait until there's only 1 minute left before I play a game to maximize my streak without having to use what little gold I have. Of course that means I need to be able to win more than 3 or 4 in a row first for it to even matter lol. Thanks for the explanation.
  • Options
    If you manually play the first game, you can make it last 15 minutes so that before your streak duration even starts counting down you will have gained your fifth energy bar back. You can almost do that with the next game. It can be time consuming but you can also watch videos for free gold in between.
  • Options
    IamWeToddDidIamWeToddDid Registered Users, Member 333 Posts
    If you manually play the first game, you can make it last 15 minutes so that before your streak duration even starts counting down you will have gained your fifth energy bar back. You can almost do that with the next game. It can be time consuming but you can also watch videos for free gold in between.

You don't have to manually play...you just have to stop in the 8th or whenever really, exit, and just come back when it's been 14-15 minutes
  • Options
    CraigyCraigy Registered Users 146 Posts
    Maybe he's not as retarded as we thought
  • Options
    TurkSDSU2016TurkSDSU2016 Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    ok, this is how you do it....

Play your first game and if you win, DO NOT click on the exit the very first screen that appears after you win, EXIT the game by closing it and getting to your home screen, re-open the game, click on the COMPETE button and it will take you to a screen showing your game is in progress along with the time left for the winning streak countdown, depending on your connection or phone, click on your game and finish the normal process before the timer runs out, then play your next game right away, and if you win, repeat the process of closing the game, opening the game and wait for the clock to near zero again...This process will help you get a 12 game win streak...if you win them all and still have the option to watch a video for extra energy