Options

Clubs Trash Talking

Ryan421Ryan421 Registered Users 55 Posts
It seems like members of big clubs are all about trash talking and boosting their egos on here. In reality, there are a handful of big name clubs that I've seen and been apart of throughout the past few months. I find it hard to believe that one of these clubs are better than any of the others. It seems to me that these well established clubs have all found 20 strong members that can put up as many points as necessary. The only difference between these "top clubs" is that some care less about their resources and are willing to put up 40+ million points on the weekend events for a subpar prime player that more than likely doesn't even help their team. If you brag on this forum about how superior your club is, you're really just stating that you'll spend an absurd amount of gold to beat another club. Meanwhile, these other clubs and players that you're putting down are putting up 5 mil on Sunday and still getting the exact same rewards you are.

Comments

• Options
    aTownDownaTownDown Registered Users 271 Posts
    See, I don't get why people have to move unless it's a prime they REALLY need. A big part of this game to me is competition, and getting primes and good players is just an added bonus. And if you are talking about us (which I'm pretty sure you are), we weren't trying to trash talk, we were just unhappy with what someone said about us, giving us a bad rep. Which is not what we are.
  • Options
    tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    My wife talks to me about taking out the trash every Friday so I do it. Is that the same thing?
  • Options
    MvpdonaldsonMvpdonaldson Registered Users 146 Posts
    aTownDown wrote: »
    See, I don't get why people have to move unless it's a prime they REALLY need. A big part of this game to me is competition, and getting primes and good players is just an added bonus. And if you are talking about us (which I'm pretty sure you are), we weren't trying to trash talk, we were just unhappy with what someone said about us, giving us a bad rep. Which is not what we are.

I dont think we were the main thread in the discussion, possibly just the straw that broke the camels back as it were. We found a civil way in which to resolve our disagreement. That being said, there have been a number of posts recently ****-talking about how hard they crush events. Personally I dont mind it, I like finding out who is in the other big clubs we compete with on weekends, but I also want to avoid the wrath of redtrunk.
  • Options
    I dont think we were the main thread in the discussion, possibly just the straw that broke the camels back as it were. We found a civil way in which to resolve our disagreement. That being said, there have been a number of posts recently ****-talking about how hard they crush events. Personally I dont mind it, I like finding out who is in the other big clubs we compete with on weekends, but I also want to avoid the wrath of redtrunk.

Agreed! I'm glad it turned in to nothing more and it got straightened out. Good luck to y'all, especially this weekend, I know 3rd baseman don't come too often.
  • Options
    Agreed! I'm glad it turned in to nothing more and it got straightened out. Good luck to y'all, especially this weekend, I know 3rd baseman don't come too often.

Yeah, but I am none too excited about my namesake finding his way to my bench.
  • Options
    grantile123grantile123 Registered Users 304 Posts
    Yeah I have Donaldson on a team and I spent a ton of gold last week to win Machado with the other, feel kinda foolish now.
  • Options
    Yeah, but I am none too excited about my namesake finding his way to my bench.

I was thinking that, too bad Donaldson doesn't have a prime... At least not that I know of
  • Options
    I'm still 50-50 on putting David Wright on my Novice team and just stomping that division
  • Options
    No1caresNo1cares Registered Users 8 Posts
    1st of all let me say, I had a team on the previous game that was maxed out & after a while it was boring, I could easily sit there for ages tapping auto play & raking up point after point,winning events and rewards. It got so bad that I was trading 5star players just to make room for legends. The point I'm trying to make is, I personally think its quite pathetic that (in some cases, full grown men) people are proud to boast that they are better at tapping a touch screen device than others. Let's break it down, so you spend time and money on a game that has no skill,the game even markets itself as 1 touch & then you want to act as if it important lol. I hear things like "we are serious players" & " oh please let me join ur club" wow. Could somebody please explain what's so serious about a game that has no financial reward what so ever? A game that people openly admit to playing without integrity, for example guys who purposely stack their team & then avoid being upgraded just so they can beat teams who have no chance( round of applause for u "Big Man").or the guys who have multiple clubs just so theybcan bum rush a lower grouping & steal rewards they have no right to win, If u guys want to spend all this money & sit in front of a device tapping all day, u should try online poker, oh sorry that game actually requires skill,I'm sure that dosnt interest most players on here, because most players on here don't like fair competition (only honest players will admit to this) that's why none of you ever select enable handicap right? Because u all just want to win, well guess what you can't all win. I hope glu loses the club BS for next year because IMO its ruined the integrity & the fun competitive nature that was Tap Sports Baseball
  • Options
    Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    It seems to me that too many players are obsessed with having star players, and millions of points, than just enjoying the game. In the club I'm in, there are only two of us who play on a daily basis. Some of the members haven't played for two months or more. Even though we aren't winning anything, I still have fun playing the game. Just my opinion.
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
  • Options
    Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    No1cares wrote: »
    1st of all let me say, I had a team on the previous game that was maxed out & after a while it was boring, I could easily sit there for ages tapping auto play & raking up point after point,winning events and rewards. It got so bad that I was trading 5star players just to make room for legends. The point I'm trying to make is, I personally think its quite pathetic that (in some cases, full grown men) people are proud to boast that they are better at tapping a touch screen device than others. Let's break it down, so you spend time and money on a game that has no skill,the game even markets itself as 1 touch & then you want to act as if it important lol. I hear things like "we are serious players" & " oh please let me join ur club" wow. Could somebody please explain what's so serious about a game that has no financial reward what so ever? A game that people openly admit to playing without integrity, for example guys who purposely stack their team & then avoid being upgraded just so they can beat teams who have no chance( round of applause for u "Big Man").or the guys who have multiple clubs just so theybcan bum rush a lower grouping & steal rewards they have no right to win, If u guys want to spend all this money & sit in front of a device tapping all day, u should try online poker, oh sorry that game actually requires skill,I'm sure that dosnt interest most players
    on here, because most players on here don't like fair competition (only honest players will admit to this) that's why none of you ever select enable handicap right? Because u all just want to win, well guess what you can't all win. I hope glu loses the club BS for next year because IMO its ruined the integrity & the fun competitive nature that was Tap Sports Baseball

Well said!
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
  • Options
    1st of all let me say, I had a team on the previous game that was maxed out & after a while it was boring, I could easily sit there for ages tapping auto play & raking up point after point,winning events and rewards. It got so bad that I was trading 5star players just to make room for legends. The point I'm trying to make is, I personally think its quite pathetic that (in some cases, full grown men) people are proud to boast that they are better at tapping a touch screen device than others. Let's break it down, so you spend time and money on a game that has no skill,the game even markets itself as 1 touch & then you want to act as if it important lol. I hear things like "we are serious players" & " oh please let me join ur club" wow. Could somebody please explain what's so serious about a game that has no financial reward what so ever? A game that people openly admit to playing without integrity, for example guys who purposely stack their team & then avoid being upgraded just so they can beat teams who have no chance( round of applause for u "Big Man").or the guys who have multiple clubs just so theybcan bum rush a lower grouping & steal rewards they have no right to win, If u guys want to spend all this money & sit in front of a device tapping all day, u should try online poker, oh sorry that game actually requires skill,I'm sure that dosnt interest most players on here, because most players on here don't like fair competition (only honest players will admit to this) that's why none of you ever select enable handicap right? Because u all just want to win, well guess what you can't all win. I hope glu loses the club BS for next year because IMO its ruined the integrity & the fun competitive nature that was Tap Sports Baseball

I am going to go ahead and ignore the fact that I am being lectured by someone who just blatantly admitted to playing this game pretty extensively and then criticizes us for doing the exact same thing. Your punctuation is almost childlike, you use ampersands in sentences and periods like their commas, and the entire post comes out as barely legible. That being said, I will go ahead and point out that how people spend their money is subjective, and trying to **** talk an entire community for not "playing online poker since that takes skill' is pretty moronic. I mean, we all have the internet, we could go play internet poker, but we don't. We choose to play this game. And after apparently having a team of legends you seem pretty critical of people who engage in the same behavior that you yourself did.
  • Options
    So the 1st thing you decide to say has absolutely nothing to do with the point I'm trying to make. You sound EXACTLY like the kind of "Mark" I'm talking about. You have more interest in being confrontational & digressing from the issues in the game. You are not worth my time. I stopped reading you post after the 1st sentence.
  • Options
    I'm sure that dosnt interest most players on here, because most players on here don't like fair competition

doesn't***
  • Options
    Really, hmmm I think you may be wrong. Pay attention
  • Options
    So the 1st thing you decide to say has absolutely nothing to do with the point I'm trying to make. You sound EXACTLY like the kind of "Mark" I'm talking about. You have more interest in being confrontational & digressing from the issues in the game. You are not worth my time. I stopped reading you post after the 1st sentence.

He makes a perfectly valid point, not to mention it is more logical than whatever the hell you were trying to say. The first thing you said was about your maxed team last year, therefore, you too put time and (most likely) money into the game, and have absolutely no right to criticize those who do the same thing.
  • Options
    No money the team was built over time. A the when you didn't run into application addicts with an unhealthy obsession for finger tapping.If my name didn't give it away I really don't care I'm just pointing out somethings that I'm sure many people agree with. If you don't agree.......that's good for you. English is not my 1st language I'm sure the people who critise my grammar are all able to speak multiple languages. Keep Tapping jobbers
  • Options
    No money the team was built over time. A the when you didn't run into application addicts with an unhealthy obsession for finger tapping.If my name didn't give it away I really don't care I'm just pointing out somethings that I'm sure many people agree with. If you don't agree.......that's good for you. English is not my 1st language I'm sure the people who critise my grammar are all able to speak multiple languages. Keep Tapping jobbers

An unhealthy obsession with finger tapping huh? Similar to the one you had when you didn't spend any money and built your team over time? No no you are right, you probably never lost a single game and barely spent any time at all, since no 1 cares right? Is your only weakness Krypton?

Get your head out your *** boy, you are bragging about how well you did while criticizing people who do exactly what you did. And I am most certainly am not "digressing issue about the game" whatever the **** that means, I am pointing out holes in your logic while sifting through your abysmal grammar.

Ah, my mistake, I went after your grammar again, when I should have clearly noticed that its not your first language and therefore we should all have to cater to your ESL vocabulary.
  • Options
    He makes a perfectly valid point, not to mention it is more logical than whatever the hell you were trying to say. The first thing you said was about your maxed team last year, therefore, you too put time and (most likely) money into the game, and have absolutely no right to criticize those who do the same thing.

Yet again just another obnoxious reply that has NOTHING to do with the discussion.I'm just going to assume your feelings were scalded by something that was said (usually the truth). So I will leave you to keep throwing your toys around, I'm sure a battle hardened keyboard worrior like youself has many battles to fight.
  • Options
    grantile123grantile123 Registered Users 304 Posts
    Guys, this is nothing more than a thread started to illicit a negative reaction and response from those of us that actually discuss the game. If true to form, Redtrunk will remove him, which should be no skin off his nose as he claims to not care but continues to insult and ridicule those of us that choose to patron this game for our entertainment. If he truly didn't care, he would not be on a forum dedicated to a game that he no longer cared about, and furthermore would not have posted blasting those of us who do.

His hypocritical behavior has been noted and discussed but must not continue to be validated. There is always the option to block such people so as not to have to deal with such nonsensical B S!!!
  • Options
    Yet again just another obnoxious reply that has NOTHING to do with the discussion.I'm just going to assume your feelings were scalded by something that was said (usually the truth). So I will leave you to keep throwing your toys around, I'm sure a battle hardened keyboard worrior like youself has many battles to fight.

I am here point out the ridiculous hypocrisy you are spouting that you seem to be incapable of recognizing. You are literally on the forums of a game you claim to hate, criticizing people for playing it and caring about it while you admit to having done just that.

I don't think I could possibly be more direct in confronting your almost insensible logic, while also dealing with your childish tactics. What truth could you have possibly revealed to me? Accept defeat here, your logic makes no sense. Go back to playing '15 with your incredible team, and stop trying to criticize the rest of us.
  • Options

Nothing to do with the discussion??? You're whole 700 word essay was bashing people who spend time and money on the game! It has EVERYTHING to do with the discussion, you're just trying to have a good comeback so you can win an argument for once, since your mother always kicks your a$$ when you argue with her.
  • Options
    NFONDYNFONDY Registered Users 9 Posts
    Omg roflmao
  • Options
    SurfinZapdosSurfinZapdos Registered Users 152 Posts
    why are you even on here? If this game is such a waste of time then why would you take the time to write a small essay about us all "wasting our time." I think the one constant about everyone on this forum is they want to be the best overall, and Im pretty sure this is a common concept with almost any hobby. Im guessing you get paid for everything you do since you're bashing people for doing something that "has no financial value." Do us all a favor and stay off of the forums, since you clearly aren't on the same page as everyone else.
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I am here point out the ridiculous hypocrisy you are spouting that you seem to be incapable of recognizing. You are literally on the forums of a game you claim to hate, criticizing people for playing it and caring about it while you admit to having done just that.

He's a troll. That's what trolls do. They post stuff with no other purpose than to draw a negative reaction from other readers. The only thing you can do to get rid of a troll is to ignore it.