Options

Starting over

victorthigpenvictorthigpen Registered Users 66 Posts
My old team got way overpromoted to the point where I can't compete. I decided to start over with a new team and intentionally not get promoted as people have suggested on here. I was just wondering: Is there any way to see your teams avg. star rating without being in a club? I know having too high of a star rating can get you auto-promoted and wanted to be able to check. Or should I just get promoted to Novice and join a club? I've been staying in rookie just to totally maximize the amount of time before any promotions.

Also, when people say start over and only buy upgrades, do you still get some slightly better players in order to win more games? I'm still trying to win some rewards and my original team was pretty terrible. From random picks I got for rewards, I managed to add 3.5 star bagwell, 3.5 star longoria and a couple 2 star pitchers without getting auto-promoted yet, is this a reasonable strategy?

Comments

• Options
    MvpdonaldsonMvpdonaldson Registered Users 146 Posts
    My old team got way overpromoted to the point where I can't compete. I decided to start over with a new team and intentionally not get promoted as people have suggested on here. I was just wondering: Is there any way to see your teams avg. star rating without being in a club? I know having too high of a star rating can get you auto-promoted and wanted to be able to check. Or should I just get promoted to Novice and join a club? I've been staying in rookie just to totally maximize the amount of time before any promotions.

Also, when people say start over and only buy upgrades, do you still get some slightly better players in order to win more games? I'm still trying to win some rewards and my original team was pretty terrible. From random picks I got for rewards, I managed to add 3.5 star bagwell, 3.5 star longoria and a couple 2 star pitchers without getting auto-promoted yet, is this a reasonable strategy?

For me I like to try to get a few unbelievable hitters, keep my pitchers around 1-2 stars and upgrade that primarily. I got very lucky to get 5 star Ryan Braun on my novice account, he absolutely destroys in that division.

For knowing your average star rating, you could just count. The game counts 22 players on your roster (including your bench). So anything between 33-44 stars gives you a 1.5 star ratings, 44-55 gives you 2 stars, etc.
  • Options
    Awesome thanks. I haven't gotten lucky enough to get anyone really good yet. But somehow I played in the 50 gold league, and ran into a guy who had Wright, Donaldson, Harper, and Rizzo. It was ridiculous. I hope that's not typical if I try another gold league haha.
  • Options
    tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    Awesome thanks. I haven't gotten lucky enough to get anyone really good yet. But somehow I played in the 50 gold league, and ran into a guy who had Wright, Donaldson, Harper, and Rizzo. It was ridiculous. I hope that's not typical if I try another gold league haha.

How would that guy being in that low of a div. with those studs?
  • Options
    tbatti wrote: »
    How would that guy being in that low of a div. with those studs?
    As long as he had all 1 star pitching and bench, you can stuff quite a few excellent players into your hitting lineup. Plus you can play up to advanced I think in those gold leagues, so it can still be quite difficult.

Upgrades upgrades upgrades, it will only get easier as long as you don't get promoted :)
  • Options
    KingDuckButterKingDuckButter Registered Users 9 Posts
    FYI, upgrades factor in to promotions
  • Options
    astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts

Since when?
  • Options

That seems unlikely, since i have over level 10 on almost everything on an account I have that is still in novice.

Maybe at higher levels, but so long as you keep it under a certain star ratings I am almost positive you won't ever get promoted.

I have almost 500 wins, idk maybe eventually it will happen? Seems like it already would have by now.
  • Options
    That seems unlikely, since i have over level 10 on almost everything on an account I have that is still in novice.

Maybe at higher levels, but so long as you keep it under a certain star ratings I am almost positive you won't ever get promoted.

I have almost 500 wins, idk maybe eventually it will happen? Seems like it already would have by now.
    I am pretty certain that you get promoted at every increase in star rating and every 500 games played. Just a theory though.
  • Options
    Ryan421Ryan421 Registered Users 55 Posts
    I am pretty certain that you get promoted at every increase in star rating and every 500 games played. Just a theory though.

I've heard that leagues are based on upgrade level, I'm not sure how accurate that is but it seems likely from the competition I've seen in 1.5K leagues
  • Options
    TampaRoyalsTampaRoyals Registered Users 95 Posts
    Every auto promotion I've received is from receiving a new player who upgraded my team either batting or pitching.

I've always found more appeal in trying to become "the big shark" out of big sharks rather than a big shark in a pond full of tadpoles.

To each of its own though. Maybe if anything, I'd start a second account and see how much I can "play the system" by dominating novice by having a mixture of prime players and 1* players with nothing in between, but I figure that method will eventually backfire anyways when you do get auto promoted 3 levels and all of a sudden, you're back in the rat race of trying to catch up to your competition.
  • Options
    tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    Since when?

I bought a few upgrades and got promoted as well.
  • Options
    Every auto promotion I've received is from receiving a new player who upgraded my team either batting or pitching.

I've always found more appeal in trying to become "the big shark" out of big sharks rather than a big shark in a pond full of tadpoles.

To each of its own though. Maybe if anything, I'd start a second account and see how much I can "play the system" by dominating novice by having a mixture of prime players and 1* players with nothing in between, but I figure that method will eventually backfire anyways when you do get auto promoted 3 levels and all of a sudden, you're back in the rat race of trying to catch up to your competition.

I did something similar.. New team got lucky with some picks and now my new team is set up a lot better than my main team.
  • Options
    I did something similar.. New team got lucky with some picks and now my new team is set up a lot better than my main team.

If I ever got a second device I could play on regularly, maybe I'd give it a try. My fear would be that I would eventually get auto promoted up 3 levels higher and be right back where I was on my main account. Seems like at a certain point, you would be fearful of adding any other primes or legends to your team with the thought that you would instantly be auto promoted and lose the advantage.

I guess any new primes/legends you do acquire you'd just have to keep in your reserve roster to avoid getting auto promoted
  • Options
    You don't need a second device tampa. Just connect using an email with your main team. Then log out. Your main team will be there whenever you log in using the email, your second team will be there whenever you log out of the email or just never log back in in the first place.
  • Options
    You don't need a second device tampa. Just connect using an email with your main team. Then log out. Your main team will be there whenever you log in using the email, your second team will be there whenever you log out of the email or just never log back in in the first place.

I would prefer playing at the same time though.
  • Options
    This makes sense. Maybe not auto divison promotion but league promotion based on upgrade levels. Interesting concept.

I wish i knew when to stop upgrading then.