Options

Machado will not accept trade!

I have tried 5 times for this guy...

So frustrating, spent a bunch of gold getting everyone to get him and more gold on instantly completing the trade. I inserted a one star player at third base prior to hitting the button.

How many trades does it normally take to get that 5-star player to accept?

Comments

• Options
    MvpdonaldsonMvpdonaldson Registered Users 146 Posts
    I have tried 5 times for this guy...

So frustrating, spent a bunch of gold getting everyone to get him and more gold on instantly completing the trade. I inserted a one star player at third base prior to hitting the button.

How many trades does it normally take to get that 5-star player to accept?

Could very easily be upwards of 20 times my man, those guys really need to be thrown gold at.
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Could very easily be upwards of 20 times my man, those guys really need to be thrown gold at.

Yeah, just a baseline, Machado was a Fan Reward for 10k gold (not sure why I typed 4k). Seems reasonable to think it'd be at least that.
  • Options
    Cooz19 wrote: »
    Yeah, just a baseline, Machado was a Fan Reward for 4k gold. Seems reasonable to think it'd be at least that.

*10K gold.
  • Options
    aTownDownaTownDown Registered Users 271 Posts
    I wish he was 4k
  • Options
    aTownDown wrote: »
    I wish he was 4k

I wish he was a SS
  • Options
    FiestaRedFiestaRed Registered Users, Member 97 Posts
    Machado really tears it up for me, especially in games that are not autoplay. I tried to trade him for a 9 9 10 relief pitcher, but after three times of being declined, I just put him back in the rotation.

I like Machado. But if you really need a bullpen........
  • Options
    grantile123grantile123 Registered Users 304 Posts
    I tried and tried for Soria. Every time it fell through. I finally hit "try again" and hit the finish now button before the screen even had a chance to load and instantly got him. I don't know if the timing was a coincidence, or if that is actually a trick to get it to go through. I did spend quite a bit on him so it may have just been time to get him instead of a trick.
  • Options
    I wish he was a SS

Well played
  • Options
    I tried and tried for Soria. Every time it fell through. I finally hit "try again" and hit the finish now button before the screen even had a chance to load and instantly got him. I don't know if the timing was a coincidence, or if that is actually a trick to get it to go through. I did spend quite a bit on him so it may have just been time to get him instead of a trick.

Compared to other prime players I've traded for I think Soria was the easiest for me. Machado though, I tried like 30 times before giving up and just buying upgrades to get to 10K.
  • Options
    ClubDingerAdmiClubDingerAdmi Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    I just blew 800 gold on "instant" chances and nothing.. F**king Machado..
  • Options
    DimePieceSlayersDimePieceSlayers Registered Users 27 Posts
    UPDATE: Instant trade number is up to 12 and he still hasn't accepted. I wish I would have known it was going to be so difficult before trying this. I guess I've learned that if you are going for a 5 star player through trades it is probably not worth it unless you get super lucky. Anybody care to share how many tries it took before he accepted the trade?
  • Options
    UPDATE: Instant trade number is up to 12 and he still hasn't accepted. I wish I would have known it was going to be so difficult before trying this. I guess I've learned that if you are going for a 5 star player through trades it is probably not worth it unless you get super lucky. Anybody care to share how many tries it took before he accepted the trade?

I feel like i already posted this but I tried for about 5k gold worth, so maybe 25-30 times? Then i gave up and purchased upgrades and got him for 10k reward on the weekend.
  • Options
    I think it's safe to say, in this game (and probably most others like it), any feature that requires payment to earn a chance at getting something is stacked heavily against you, and can't be recommended.

Besides, if he was the reward for spending 10k gold in Fan Rewards, that amount becomes both the basement on the ceiling for his price. It makes no sense, obviously, to trade three players AND spend 10k when you can just buy every special uniform in the game (plus/minus 10k) and get him.

The lesson seems to continue to be avoid trades, save gold and spend during Fan Rewards.
  • Options
    No doubt about it Cooz - just wanted to post to warn other amateurs like myself out there. Be warned!
  • Options
    Soo.... He ended up accepting the trade last night - I would assume it took about 4-5k to get him in total. I think I got really lucky!
  • Options
    BuckFutterBuckFutter Registered Users, Member 40 Posts
    I'm glad I didn't see this thread until after I traded for Machado, because I never would've attempted it. I ended up getting him on my second try somehow, amazingly. Maybe Glu took pity on me after I spent over 30k on Bagwell and still ended up missing out on him by 300 gold trophies.
  • Options
    BuckFutter wrote: »
    I'm glad I didn't see this thread until after I traded for Machado, because I never would've attempted it. I ended up getting him on my second try somehow, amazingly. Maybe Glu took pity on me after I spent over 30k on Bagwell and still ended up missing out on him by 300 gold trophies.

Glu has no compassion, they do not feel, they just twist the knife more fiercely.
  • Options
    2weighlift2weighlift Registered Users 66 Posts
    Yes but Glu it doesn't have to be that way. If they were more forgiving and not such an opportunistic company they would charge just a little less for everything. In turn, we tell friends, they tell friends and they make more money now.

I mean I could tell my friends about this game (and they have big wallets) but I choose not to for that reason.

People will say it's a short term, fast moving business. And that's the reason why they should charge a little less - to make more money now because this game might not be here in the future.

Guys like red trunk and mike_s need a salary raise big time.

The next person to negatively make a comment after this, is definitely a Glu employee without a doubt.
  • Options
    2weighlift wrote: »
    Yes but Glu it doesn't have to be that way. If they were more forgiving and not such an opportunist company they would charge just a little less for everything. In turn, we tell friends, they tell friends and they make more money now.

I mean I could tell my friends about this game (and they have big wallets) but I choose not to for that reason.

People will say it's a short term, fast moving business. And that's the reason why they should charge a little less - to make more money now because this game might not be here in the future.

Guys like red trunk and mike_s need a salary raise big time.

*opportunistic - opportunist is a noun, it is not an adjective.

Also at the risk of getting in trouble with mods I don't think they need a raise. People have been complaining about Redtrunk's inbox being full for days, and I have never even seen the other fellow. And giving out raises to expendable staff members in only going to encourage the company to drive more revenue, not less.

You not telling your friends about this game because Glu is too greedy is ridiculous, and then presenting it like it is lost revenue for them is even worse. It's not, 95% of people aren't as petty as you, and tell their friends about games they play no matter the pricing model.

Glu will not make more by lowering prices, no matter how much you think that is going to encourage the word-of-mouth spread of this game. It is far more lucrative for them to maintain price levels than to rely on the good-will fostered by lower prices.
  • Options
    I think it's o.k. to have a difference of opinion. I have no beef with you or anybody. Life is very short. Have a good day.
  • Options
    TampaRoyalsTampaRoyals Registered Users 95 Posts
    Many players will take 30 tries or so which is ~4,000 gold

It only took me two tries on my very first trade for Adam Jones
    It took me ~30-33 tries for Lincecum
    ~30 tries for Chris Davis
    1 try for Soria

Sometimes you get extremely unlucky and other times extremely lucky. All depends. I've yet to have an "in betweener" of 15 tries.

You have to figure that when you're making these trades that you're going to spend another 4,000-4500 in gold and be thankful if it's anything less than that.
  • Options
    My trade of Carlos Correa went through after about 32 tries around 5000 gold