Options

Auto-Promotion

victorthigpenvictorthigpen Registered Users 66 Posts
General question if anyone knows the answer:

I currently have a team in Novice level and I'd like to keep them there. When my avg. star rating went up from 1.5 to 2, it auto promoted me from rookie to novice.

Does anyone know if going from 2 star avg. to 2.5 star average gets you auto-promoted out of Novice? I want to know whether to add a player or two but they will put me up to 2.5.

Comments

• Options
    CheesemanCheeseman Registered Users 174 Posts
    No one seems to have the exact answer to how GLU determines when you will be auto promoted. I wouldn't worry too much just yet about it.
  • Options
    The GreekThe Greek Registered Users 24 Posts
    At some points you will be promoted because of your number of wins. I got promoted at 1001 and at 1201.
  • Options
    KennyFnPowersKennyFnPowers Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    Did you get the rewards for moving up a level? That's my concern, I don't want to miss out on the free draft picks and/or cash/gold if I auto level.
  • Options
    kingerkinger Registered Users 4 Posts
    Did you get the rewards for moving up a level? That's my concern, I don't want to miss out on the free draft picks and/or cash/gold if I auto level.

I was auto-promoted recently to superstar and I received my rewards.

Auto promotion is so lame.....but it wouldn't be so bad if we knew it was coming. Unfortunately Glu is like alot of companies with poor customer satisfaction reputations in that they don't realize that the thing that makes people the most upset is not that "bad" or unexpected things happen to them, its when they are blindsided or not made aware as to why the bad/unexpected event happened.

The reason being of course so Glu can change the rules anytime they wish!
  • Options
    MvpdonaldsonMvpdonaldson Registered Users 146 Posts
    General question if anyone knows the answer:

I currently have a team in Novice level and I'd like to keep them there. When my avg. star rating went up from 1.5 to 2, it auto promoted me from rookie to novice.

Does anyone know if going from 2 star avg. to 2.5 star average gets you auto-promoted out of Novice? I want to know whether to add a player or two but they will put me up to 2.5.

Yes it will get you autpromoted.
  • Options
    Thanks Donaldson, I was waiting for you to respond cuz I figured you'd know since you have a good team in novice. I know your novice team is really good though, how did you keep them under 2.5 star avg? I'm right at the limit and while my team is good I don't have anyone over 4-stars on it.
  • Options
    Thanks Donaldson, I was waiting for you to respond cuz I figured you'd know since you have a good team in novice. I know your novice team is really good though, how did you keep them under 2.5 star avg? I'm right at the limit and while my team is good I don't have anyone over 4-stars on it.

My first number 1 pick I opened was a 5 star Ryan Braun, so I kinda got really lucky. I keep them under since the team becomes 2.5 star average when your team has a total of 55 stars across all positions (including bench). As long as you keep it under that you should stay in novice for a significant period of time. At a certain points the number of wins will eventually autopromote you, but it takes a fairly long time for that to happen.
  • Options
    I assume you have to have a bunch of 1-star pitchers to even it out for all the good hitters. Don't your one star pitchers get rocked though?
  • Options
    I assume you have to have a bunch of 1-star pitchers to even it out for all the good hitters. Don't your one star pitchers get rocked though?

I do yeah. This is a hitters game my man. Pitchers don't win games in tap, they just lose them.

To account for this I have put significantly more effort into my pitching upgrades, with 12/11 on pcoach and calling, and like 7/6 on hitting/power
  • Options
    Bballer14Bballer14 Registered Users, Member 110 Posts
    Good info thanks. Hey who would you play at 1b? A 4-9-4, 6-6-6 or 5-7-5?

Thanks,
  • Options
    Bballer14 wrote: »
    Good info thanks. Hey who would you play at 1b? A 4-9-4, 6-6-6 or 5-7-5?

Thanks,

This one is a fairly difficult question, as between these 3 really come down to personal preference. That being said, I am a power guy time and time again. Personally I add up hitting and power (speed is for pussies) and take whoever has the highest number. Especially in novice i find 9 power to be extremely effect. However, to use high power low hitting guys to their full potential you have to play alot of games and be extremely patient at the plate. If that isnt you I would go 6/6, you'll get decent value and have a strong hitter.
  • Options
    LOL (I agree with the speed assessment :). Hey thanks for the input. Yeah I find that when I go head to head, I rank higher at hitting and my opponent ranks higher in power. Good idea adding hitting and power together... So do you put much into switch hitters? Right now I'm playing a Solarte (3b) who is a 6-5-1 switch hitter(.255 ave, .710 ops) over Longoria who is a right handed 6-6-3. Good stuff, thanks!!
  • Options
    Bballer14 wrote: »
    LOL (I agree with the speed assessment :). Hey thanks for the input. Yeah I find that when I go head to head, I rank higher at hitting and my opponent ranks higher in power. Good idea adding hitting and power together... So do you put much into switch hitters? Right now I'm playing a Solarte (3b) who is a 6-5-1 switch hitter(.255 ave, .710 ops) over Longoria who is a right handed 6-6-3. Good stuff, thanks!!

I put HUGE stock in switch hitters. My Teixera is still batting at DH despite numerous players with better stats because I love the switch hitting so much. Its one of the few ways to gain a massive advantage in a game that is primarily RNG (or luck) based. That being said, Solarte is sitting on my smurf bench because I have David Freese who is 5/6 with 3 stars and it helps keep my under that 2 star limit.
  • Options
    I put HUGE stock in switch hitters. My Teixera is still batting at DH despite numerous players with better stats because I love the switch hitting so much. Its one of the few ways to gain a massive advantage in a game that is primarily RNG (or luck) based. That being said, Solarte is sitting on my smurf bench because I have David Freese who is 5/6 with 3 stars and it helps keep my under that 2 star limit.

Good to know, thanks. Yeah that has been my philosophy as well. Using switch hitters even if their ranking is 1 or two less than a pure right handed or left handed batter. Freese- ah I have not thought of doing that. Basically you have Solarte as inactive and perhaps give up a little more production to keep you at a lower star rating. Got it, thanks!!

BTW- I had a switch hitting Catcher Swigert (3 star)? that was a 6-2-? and he hit .311 with a decent OPS. I finally dropped him from roster, but he was solid from both sides of the plate. I have Grandal (C) 4-9-2, but he is a .225 hitter from both sides.
  • Options
    LCA11563LCA11563 Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    I do yeah. This is a hitters game my man. Pitchers don't win games in tap, they just lose them.

To account for this I have put significantly more effort into my pitching upgrades, with 12/11 on pcoach and calling, and like 7/6 on hitting/power

What is the advantage of not moving up a level?
  • Options
    You go against easier teams
  • Options
    LCA11563LCA11563 Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    Thought so, but I figured that as you get better players, the computer matches you against similar talent.