Options

Nolan Ryan Mystery Box Attempts

TampaRoyalsTampaRoyals Registered Users 95 Posts
Just curious, for those who kept track (and please don't overexaggerate), how much gold (or tries) did it take you to successfully get Nolan Ryan in the legend mystery box?

If you haven't gotten him yet or have given up, at what number of attempts or gold did you use so far?

Figured it might be interesting to try coming up with an average on these boxes!

Comments

• Options
    2015Seahawks2015Seahawks Registered Users 36 Posts
    Just curious, for those who kept track (and please don't overexaggerate), how much gold (or tries) did it take you to successfully get Nolan Ryan in the legend mystery box?

If you haven't gotten him yet or have given up, at what number of attempts or gold did you use so far?

Figured it might be interesting to try coming up with an average on these boxes!

Tried about 20K on two different teams with no success.

What tells me these "Mystery Boxes" are really a scam, is the fact that I've spent about 75K on the 700 gold prime boxes, and only landed 1 prime player.

While I earned my gold through leagues, if people are spending straight cash to buy gold for mystery boxes, this is basically stealing when the implication in the mystery boxes is that you have a 1 in 8 chance.
  • Options
    BuckFutterBuckFutter Registered Users, Member 40 Posts
    I got him literally on my first try. I have no idea how that happened. I got Hershiser on my third attempt, too.
  • Options
    deerhunter716deerhunter716 Registered Users, Member 155 Posts
    VERY lucky today as had Nolan already. Spent 30k to get Aurilia in fan rewards. Ended up pulling Orel, Gaylord, and Niekro also in 15 boxes.
  • Options
    Aperez008Aperez008 Registered Users 27 Posts
    VERY lucky today as had Nolan already. Spent 30k to get Aurilia in fan rewards. Ended up pulling Orel, Gaylord, and Niekro also in 15 boxes.

What are gaylords stats wasn't overly impressed with niekro and he's next on the list
  • Options
    deerhunter716deerhunter716 Registered Users, Member 155 Posts
    Aperez008 wrote: »
    What are gaylords stats wasn't overly impressed with niekro and he's next on the list

9 | 11 | 11 - pretty good.
  • Options
    Aperez008Aperez008 Registered Users 27 Posts
    So better than Niekro, how has he pitched for you niekro
  • Options
    Caummisar46Caummisar46 Registered Users 14 Posts
    This is ridiculous. I've opened 12 legend boxes (24k gold) and haven't got a thing better than a 4*. What ****es me off more is that I bought over half of that gold. And people can open 15 and get 3 legends...
  • Options
    DilligafDilligaf Registered Users 71 Posts
    This is ridiculous. I've opened 12 legend boxes (24k gold) and haven't got a thing better than a 4*. What ****es me off more is that I bought over half of that gold. And people can open 15 and get 3 legends...

You don't believe that people opending 15 boxes got 3 legend pitchers do you?? Might get lucky on 1 but not 3.
  • Options
    JiggleytittiesJiggleytitties Registered Users 6 Posts
    If he said it,it must be true!He gets a legend every 3-5 boxes opened.Play a lottery ticket buddy!I opened 7 trying to get Nolan Ryan and got Adam Eaton (garbage) and 40k cash six times.At least give you a substantial amount of cash.So 2000 gold is the equivalent of winning 5 games???
  • Options
    DUNKINXDEEZXNUTZDUNKINXDEEZXNUTZ Registered Users 10 Posts
    I spent about 10k. Won some guys not even on the list as well as 5 star Bryce harper through #1 draft picks. Spent about another 10k trying for Orel to no avail. Nolan Ryan is sick, 187 games, 169-6, 2.27 era, 3355 strike outs, 18.8k/9. When there was free ice packs on Thursdays bonus challenge he went 70-2 with a 50+ game win streak.
  • Options
    CaliAngelsCaliAngels Registered Users 72 Posts
    It took me 36k gold.
  • Options
    StrikeTEAMStrikeTEAM Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    My brother has hacked one of the old versions of this game, he has over 75 million gold. I have seen him "spend" over 100k gold to try & acquire yogi Berra. Even though he is cheating, it kinda proves that it really is random or just a blantent rip off. In real money this would have cost thousands of £££s if not more. After seeing that I have decided to not spend a single penny on this game. Potentially I could spend a grand AND STILL not get the player I want.👏👏👏👏 well done glu I hope you're proud of yourselves.
  • Options
    Bballer14Bballer14 Registered Users, Member 110 Posts
    I tried the Legend box and got 6 #1 draft picks which netted me 4 star Kendrick (2b) 8-3-4 and short reliever Santiago Casilla (4 star 8-3-8). Then I trade in all of my 3.5 and 4.0 stars and get a 3 star player in return. Really disappointing....
  • Options
    Gbiu02Gbiu02 Registered Users 16 Posts
    Neikro is 6 arm because he's a knuckle baller. He's 72-1 with an ERA of 2.14 on my team.