Options

Roster update

dirtball11dirtball11 Registered Users 21 Posts
Anyone that played last year know when they release these? Also, any guesses on who? I'm hoping all the all stars get a boost.

Bogarts, current 4 *. Bradley, current 3.5*, Perez, 4*, Nunez, 3*, Hammels 4.5* (but gets shelllllled), Steve Wright, 3*.

Comments

• Options
    gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    I know Bogarts is doing well and they could bump him to 4.5 or 5 stars but curious what they do with his actual stats, he's already a 9/2/5.
  • Options
    bump. Just curious from those who've played last year, when these go out?
  • Options
    ScottyCameronScottyCameron Registered Users 188 Posts
    Normally it is around All-Star time. I would assume the next app store update would include any promotions/demotions of players
  • Options
    SchwarbersCubsSchwarbersCubs Registered Users 22 Posts
    I bet Zobrist improves
  • Options
    LCA11563LCA11563 Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    Realizing I have so much to learn about how this game works...so if I have bogaerts at 4(which I do)he can bump to 4.5 or 5 while he's on my team?
  • Options
    IamWeToddDidIamWeToddDid Registered Users, Member 333 Posts
    LCA11563 wrote: »
    Realizing I have so much to learn about how this game works...so if I have bogaerts at 4(which I do)he can bump to 4.5 or 5 while he's on my team?

Yeah, but only when they update the ratings, which would normally be this time of year
  • Options
    ZombieNation108ZombieNation108 Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
    I've also heard this. I have Bogaerts, Sal Perez, Ozuna, Fowler, Castellanos, Wright locked on inactive hoping they get a nice boost when this happens. If anyone has details about this, please post it.
  • Options
    Not to disappoint anyone but don't expect MASSIVE changes to anyone. Bogaerts might go from 9 2 5 to like 9 4 5. Half a year's performance isn't going to make guys jump more than .5* on most occasions. I forget Zobrists ratings but believe they were like 8 5 something. Don't see him going up. Might be an All-Star but only hitting like .290 an 8 rating seems right. He is not even close to best 2b in NL. Lower star guys like Stephen Wright stand the best chance of seeing significant star boost.
  • Options
    Not to disappoint anyone but don't expect MASSIVE changes to anyone. Bogaerts might go from 9 2 5 to like 9 4 5. Half a year's performance isn't going to make guys jump more than .5* on most occasions. I forget Zobrists ratings but believe they were like 8 5 something. Don't see him going up. Might be an All-Star but only hitting like .290 an 8 rating seems right. He is not even close to best 2b in NL. Lower star guys like Stephen Wright stand the best chance of seeing significant star boost.

Thats what I was thinking as well. You have any history with the game, to confirm other details? Like.. do all allstars get a 'bump', or just ones that aren't already 5*? One of the pitchers is an allstar, but his 7 stuff is atrocious. I'm curious if they would bump it up a point or 2 to justify that 2.08 era he has, which is at or near the top of the league.
  • Options
    CraigyCraigy Registered Users 146 Posts

Not true buddy, prince fielder went from 3 stars to 5 stars last year, along with a few others that i cant recall at the moment
  • Options
    Gbiu02Gbiu02 Registered Users 16 Posts
    I know that last year I won Fielder in a 3-star tournament and he got bumped to 5 stars. But I agree that most of the guys you have won't get much better.
  • Options
    Prime9Prime9 Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    I recently got Corey Seager, Wilson Ramos, Jonathan Lucroy, amd Jacky Bradley Jr. Hopefully they get boosted👍🏼
  • Options
    Craigy wrote: »
    Not true buddy, prince fielder went from 3 stars to 5 stars last year, along with a few others that i cant recall at the moment[/QUOTE

Where did I say it won't happen or never will happen or even hasn't happened? I simply said don't EXPECT massive changes. Fielder was also a 5* guy in 2014 in I remember. Simply don't want people to get expectations of big changes and see a minor movement of somebody they are hoping to magically be boosted to a 5* guy.
  • Options
    ndxndx Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
    How is victor martinez only a 2.5 start. He's in the leaders for Avg.
  • Options
    TampaRoyalsTampaRoyals Registered Users 95 Posts
    ndx wrote: »
    How is victor martinez only a 2.5 start. He's in the leaders for Avg.

His .245/.301/.366 slash line in 2015 contributed to that.
  • Options
    Craigy wrote: »
    Not true buddy, prince fielder went from 3 stars to 5 stars last year, along with a few others that i cant recall at the moment[/QUOTE

Where did I say it won't happen or never will happen or even hasn't happened? I simply said don't EXPECT massive changes. Fielder was also a 5* guy in 2014 in I remember. Simply don't want people to get expectations of big changes and see a minor movement of somebody they are hoping to magically be boosted to a 5* guy.

They do it strictly by stats, so if a guy was hitting 190 last year, but this year hes hitting over 300, he would go up massively
  • Options
    His .245/.301/.366 slash line in 2015 contributed to that.

Yea he will be back up to 5 stars ior at least 4.5
  • Options
    dirtball11 wrote: »
    Thats what I was thinking as well. You have any history with the game, to confirm other details? Like.. do all allstars get a 'bump', or just ones that aren't already 5*? One of the pitchers is an allstar, but his 7 stuff is atrocious. I'm curious if they would bump it up a point or 2 to justify that 2.08 era he has, which is at or near the top of the league.

I have been playing since the 2014 version so I have gone through 2 of these all-star updates. The grand majority will move a small portion like I said...Bogaerts will be likely a 9 5 6 at best. Still likely in the 4.5* rating. He has had a MONSTER year for the BoSox but they don't TYPICALLY move young guys with just good first half's very far. Everyone notice I only said TYPICALLY. Xander isnt a 5* guy, at least yet. Stephen Wright I am most interested to see, he is very low and I think stands the best chance at being the highest boosted guy. I don't know his ratings. Maybe someone can thrown them my way. Then I can better predict him. 5* guys that are All-Stars might see a jump of a point in one of the their 3 rating's but typically 5* guys are expected to be All-Stars. Then comes the guys not deserving of even being All-Stars, or at least starters. Ben Zobrist i'm talking to you! You can thank Chicago for voting you there, but there are at least 2 better 2b in the NL than you. Some can argue 3 better. I would not expect a stat line jump from him. If someone wants to throw rating's of some of the other ASG guys like Perez I can better asses them, but just don't know half of these guys ratings.
  • Options
    TampaRoyalsTampaRoyals Registered Users 95 Posts
    If they had a "Luck" stat, Steven Wright would be a 10. 2.68 ERA despite a 4.49 SIERA (30th best in AL out of 45 eligible starters). Reminds me of Matt Cain circa 2009-2012, except Wright is even luckier! Expect a huge regression in the 2H; of course, he'll be nice for those who have him on TSB since I'm sure he'll still get the boost due to his AL leading ERA.
  • Options
    Last year they didn't update pitchers much if at all
  • Options
    Superapids135Superapids135 Registered Users 368 Posts
    He following players for sure should boost given there all star break stats
    Strasbourg
    Schrezer
    Cueto
    Samadjza
    Steven wright
    Jackie Bradley junior
    Will Myers
    Ian Desmond
    Jered eickhoff
    Matt carpenter
    D span
    Madbum
    PedroiA
    Carlos ruis
    Movie betts
    D Murphy Chris Davis
    Blackmon
    Bautista
    Seager
    Abad
    Doolittle
    Wil myers
    Tulo
    Gordon
    Beltre
    Carl Crawford
    Casilla
    Betances
    Giogonzalez
    Tanner Roark
    Doug fister
    Ervin Santana
    Carlos Santana
    Steve cisheck
    James shields
    Verlander matt wieters
    Addison Russell
    Cano
    Piscotty
    Trumbo
    The shortstop for the twins e Escobar
    wainwright
    Robbie ray
    Josh reddick
    Y Escobar
    Steven Vogt
    Cano
    starling marte
    Yelich
    David Ortiz!!!
    Wellington Castillo
    Felix Hernandez
    Brad Ziegler
    Tony Watson
    Aaron Sanchez
    Will Harris
    JA haap

Downgrade-teixera, bucholz, pierzinski, Martinez, Cody Anderson, Jesse Hahn, , kemp, puig, David price, Kimbrel, Ramos,
  • Options
    Also upgrade Jean seagura, and Jack lamb
  • Options
    Penguins87Penguins87 Registered Users 6 Posts
    He following players for sure should boost given there all star break stats
    Strasbourg
    Schrezer
    Cueto
    Samadjza
    Steven wright
    Jackie Bradley junior
    Will Myers
    Ian Desmond
    Jered eickhoff
    Matt carpenter
    D span
    Madbum
    PedroiA
    Carlos ruis
    Movie betts
    D Murphy Chris Davis
    Blackmon
    Bautista
    Seager
    Abad
    Doolittle
    Wil myers
    Tulo
    Gordon
    Beltre
    Carl Crawford
    Casilla
    Betances
    Giogonzalez
    Tanner Roark
    Doug fister
    Ervin Santana
    Carlos Santana
    Steve cisheck
    James shields
    Verlander matt wieters
    Addison Russell
    Cano
    Piscotty
    Trumbo
    The shortstop for the twins e Escobar
    wainwright
    Robbie ray
    Josh reddick
    Y Escobar
    Steven Vogt
    Cano
    starling marte
    Yelich
    David Ortiz!!!
    Wellington Castillo
    Felix Hernandez
    Brad Ziegler
    Tony Watson
    Aaron Sanchez
    Will Harris
    JA haap

Downgrade-teixera, bucholz, pierzinski, Martinez, Cody Anderson, Jesse Hahn, , kemp, puig, David price, Kimbrel, Ramos,

Polanco upgraded big time too. No way wainwright should be upgraded.
  • Options
    Ok yes sorry he's already 4.5, my bad, leave wainwright alone but Jean Segura and Jake Lamb need upgrades, as do Piscotty, Vogt, Francisco cervilli, Cisheck, Castillo W, Jackie b Jr.,, Casilla, Betances, Myers, Desmond, tanner Roark, Matt carpenter, cueto, Steven wright, d Murphy, gio Gonzalez, Strasbourg, and madbum are my 100% these guys need to be upgraded to 5stars r improve their stats if their close or already

I think Ortiz should be upgraded for sentimental reasons

Handful of guys I would leave alone
    Major obvious downgrades are Gray?, Giancarlo? Idk,, obvious ones are more like Texiera, arod, buckholz, pierzinski, Hahn, puig, price (unfortunately my number 1), Kimbrel, maybe even some of the big guys like Harvey, idk

Downgrades