Options

Upgrades....

LCA11563LCA11563 Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
Are the upgrades worth it, or just a waste of $?

Comments

• Options
    tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    Spend the blue cash and do the upgrades. After awhile you'll have more than enough blue cash that will accumulate.
  • Options
    astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Upgrades are what you should spend most of your blue cash on
  • Options
    K-DK-D Registered Users 378 Posts
    Very well worth it
  • Options
    Cool, thanks. I heard another guys plan for blue cash was buying 2nd round picks, and trading them for a 1st when they accumulate.
  • Options
    gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    Get your upgrades first after they are all to 15 you can't use cash any more then you can use that strategy....
  • Options
    DimePieceSlayersDimePieceSlayers Registered Users 27 Posts
    I've found that I spend less cash buying $1000 late round picks (instead of $4000 for a second rounder) to trade in for first rounders. Obviously, it depends on your luck with not getting 1 stars out of those late round picks. But, I would say overall I spend less. You are going to have to open more, but it's cheaper that way as the late rounders are 4x less expensive.
  • Options
    TampaRoyalsTampaRoyals Registered Users 95 Posts
    Don't buy picks until all of your upgrades are at 15 (and then you can only use gold). The players will come, trust me, and then you'll get sick of Shelby Miller ending up on your team for the 10,000th time
  • Options
    DimePieceSlayersDimePieceSlayers Registered Users 27 Posts
    I should have prefaced my response - def should upgrade everything to 15 before buying late/second round picks to trade in for first rounder
  • Options
    astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    LCA11563 wrote: »
    Cool, thanks. I heard another guys plan for blue cash was buying 2nd round picks, and trading them for a 1st when they accumulate.

If you're building a team around 1st round picks, you're gonna have a bad time.
  • Options
    No, I get that. It's more hoping you get something decent, then expecting to build a team I think.