Options

Unhittable Pitches?

I have played 2015 and now 2016 for many, many hours. I am writing to see if the rest of you notice what I notice. There are 2 types of pitches. Pitches that you can hit for a single, double, triple, or homerun, and pitches that you cannot get a hit on no matter what. I am not talking about strikes vs. *****. I am talking about 2 different types of strikes. The one you can hit crosses the middle of the plate, and if your timing is right and the algorithm decides to let you, you will get a hit. However, if you swing at the other type of strike, the one that hits a corner of the plate, you have no chance of a hit..you will either pop it up, ground out weakly, or fly out weakly. That being said, that would be ok except for one thing. If the pitcher gives you one of the corner strikes at any time during the at bat, then you have no hope of a hit. None. There will not be a hittable pitch all at bat. Why can't this be randomized? If you get a pitch that catches the corner on the first pitch of the at bat, that's it--you're done. I am writing to see if all of you have noticed this, as well as a small hope that the game makers will consider changing this very strange feature of the game.

Comments

• Options
    TampaRoyalsTampaRoyals Registered Users 95 Posts
    I've had pitches on the inside and outside corner that I've mashed for homers; on the other hand, I've also had meat***** right down the middle that I've tapped back to the pitcher.
  • Options
    SchwarbersCubsSchwarbersCubs Registered Users 22 Posts
    I absolutely love that on a forum about baseball it blocks out the word *****
  • Options
    IamWeToddDidIamWeToddDid Registered Users, Member 333 Posts
    I absolutely love that on a forum about baseball it blocks out the word *****

No clue what word you are talking about them blocking....just don't swing at *****, only strikes
  • Options
    ApexalphamaleApexalphamale Registered Users, Member 73 Posts
    No clue what word you are talking about them blocking....just don't swing at *****, only strikes

Maybe they'll let you say b@lls
  • Options
    TampaRoyalsTampaRoyals Registered Users 95 Posts
    Base*****
    ball bat