Options

Good thing I bought that Prime box!

AnthineeAnthinee Registered Users 57 Posts
$15,000

That's the worst rip-off in the history of the universe. I'd like to meet the Glu staffers so I can punch them in their thieving faces multiple times.

$15,000 would be a terrible prize in a Scout box, how could they possibly think it's worth 750 gold?

Comments

• Options
    2weighlift2weighlift Registered Users 66 Posts
    Lmao glu jail soon to follow
  • Options
    2weighlift wrote: »
    Lmao glu jail soon to follow

Nah, they probably hire bodyguards with all the money they steal from us.
  • Options
    ZombieNation108ZombieNation108 Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
    Did you really think you were gonna get Wright of whoever is the Prime in your box for just 700 gold? Come on man, when has anything in this game favored the users? I bought 4 of those boxes and gold blue cash three times before getting Hosmer
  • Options
    Did you really think you were gonna get Wright of whoever is the Prime in your box for just 700 gold? Come on man, when has anything in this game favored the users? I bought 4 of those boxes and gold blue cash three times before getting Hosmer

LOL you act like its my fault for not expecting to get robbed by the game. How dare I get angry about being screwed!
  • Options
    TampaRoyalsTampaRoyals Registered Users 95 Posts
    I mean even if every player is weighted easily, getting it on the first attempt would be incredibly lucky considering there are 7 other options.
  • Options
    I mean even if every player is weighted easily, getting it on the first attempt would be incredibly lucky considering there are 7 other options.

I honestly wasn't expecting the highest option. I'm not stupid.

But $15,000?! Why would that even be a possibility? I can get well over $15K without spending a single piece of Gold. 700 pieces of gold should bring at LEAST a #1 Pick quality player.
  • Options
    TheresYourDaggerTheresYourDagger Registered Users 5 Posts
    lmao it's a chance option. it's called gambling
  • Options
    TampaRoyalsTampaRoyals Registered Users 95 Posts
    Anthinee wrote: »
    I honestly wasn't expecting the highest option. I'm not stupid.

But $15,000?! Why would that even be a possibility? I can get well over $15K without spending a single piece of Gold. 700 pieces of gold should bring at LEAST a #1 Pick quality player.

Just realized that I posted "weighed easily" instead of "weighed evenly" lolol

But yeah, it is pretty much gambling. Joe Mauer used to be a fan reward type player, so you'd expect to spend 20,000 in gold for him. Opening up 28-29 mystery boxes would be the equivalent, and I'd hope by then you'd get your prime player - possibly two or more.
  • Options
    ZombieNation108ZombieNation108 Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
    Anthinee wrote: »
    LOL you act like its my fault for not expecting to get robbed by the game. How dare I get angry about being screwed!

I'm in now way saying it's your fault. I'm just surprised that your so surprised! Everything in this game is severely stacked against you. After I excepted that fact, it's become a little more enjoyable.
  • Options
    grantile123grantile123 Registered Users 304 Posts
    I'm in now way saying it's your fault. I'm just surprised that your so surprised! Everything in this game is severely stacked against you. After I excepted that fact, it's become a little more enjoyable.

You're right EVEYTHING is stacked against you. ridiculous prices for shameful rewards being one. teams that you completely outrank kicking your buttt to end a 22 game streak. Having to pay gold to get in to leagues to try and earn gold. Getting your a$$ handed to you for months in gold leagues and when you finally start winning them ( as the only effective way to build gold honestly) you get a dozen people up your buttt either wanting to "work out" a schedule or threaten to whine to glu and "get you shutdown"

The whole game is flawed and I wish it wasn't so much fun!
  • Options
    Superapids135Superapids135 Registered Users 368 Posts
    Glu takes your money and the gambling system rarely pays off. Try to be smart with your gold... These promos are money makers
  • Options
    blueskiesblueskies Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
    I spent 500 gold last week on a special box. I forget what it was called. Got betances. Shd be happy i guess.
  • Options
    detroithrslugdetroithrslug Registered Users 93 Posts
    Best thing u can do is save all of your gold for the weekend and wait for the gold tier event to start. That way u know who u r getting. Ive spent over 100k gold overall on legend boxes and have received 3 from them. 3 legends. Point being that they make it hard intentionally to make ppl continue to buy them, sucks but its part of what keeps them going.
  • Options
    Superapids135Superapids135 Registered Users 368 Posts
    Personally, you have to realize all these boxes have at least eight or nine options, so it best you have that one and nine chance of getting what you want. However I do think that it's also weighed against you getting some of the top options and it's not just a one over nine chance for everything. I think the best things of lower chances of getting because it'll take 10 or 20 tries to get it