Options

High level Upgrades

Gbiu02Gbiu02 Registered Users 16 Posts
I need opinions from top performers. My pitching upgrade levels are 19 and 18, but my bullpen consisting of Garcia, Storen, Davis, Prime Soria, and Uehara are still blowing leads and have eras above 4.00. Also my starters (Ryan, Hershiser, Neikro, Prime Verlander, and Kershaw) get lit up when I play heavy legend teams. Is this because the other teams are at 20 hitting, or is it normal to give up 10-15 runs a game against elite competition? I thought I'd get better production from my entire staff when I got this high.

Comments

• Options
    CheesemanCheeseman Registered Users 174 Posts
    Your pitchers ERA will be higher in this game than you would find in real baseball. Yes the higher levels you get to the higher your ERA will be.
  • Options
    JbsherrJbsherr Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    Gbiu02 wrote: »
    I need opinions from top performers. My pitching upgrade levels are 19 and 18, but my bullpen consisting of Garcia, Storen, Davis, Prime Soria, and Uehara are still blowing leads and have eras above 4.00. Also my starters (Ryan, Hershiser, Neikro, Prime Verlander, and Kershaw) get lit up when I play heavy legend teams. Is this because the other teams are at 20 hitting, or is it normal to give up 10-15 runs a game against elite competition? I thought I'd get better production from my entire staff when I got this high.

Just the fact that you're playing legend teams that have multiple hitters with over 10+ power and Contact 10+ It will continue to hurt your ERA if you're fully upgraded. Take it from me even if you are don't be surprised if any of your starting five gives up more than 7+ runs in five innings. After that would not be shocked if a reliever gave up 4 or more runs in one inning.
  • Options
    ZombieNation108ZombieNation108 Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
    I feel I have a pretty decent team and I give up 7-10 runs a game no matter what. That's just how this game works
  • Options
    LCA11563LCA11563 Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    It's a hitters game
  • Options
    Gbiu02Gbiu02 Registered Users 16 Posts
    Thanks for the input. I guess I thoght if I pony up money for prime and 5 star relievers they should be able to do their job just as well as the hitters. Blown saves happen but 999 or 9910 guys should have more success in my opinion.
  • Options
    gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    The higher rated guys probably do have more success, but aren't perfect. You can test the theory and put some of your cr appy #1 3* draft picks in and seeing if they are really that much worse.
    I know I have basically all 5* starters and they all have ERA's in the mid to high 4's at the Ace level.
  • Options
    Superapids135Superapids135 Registered Users 368 Posts
    I've had better luck with 9/1/9 betances then 9/6/8(I believe) storen. Storen has been horrendous for me (above 6ERA) with a pitching coach level of 18... Some players are randomly bad. Swap out a similar player or 4/4.5 star instead, u may get lucky